C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

SC Washer Bearing Dont line up ANYONE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32
SC Washer Bearing Dont line up ANYONE?

One thing after another, I was just replace another washer on the SC bearing (boohooramblers was nice enough to give me one). After inspect everything i found the washer was not evenly cover the bearing, one side it flush with the inner ring of the bearing, and the other wan't. I say it was about 1mm-1.5mm different at the most from each end. It obvious to tell that the washer is not perfectly in center when motor is running. Does anyone has this issue. Please let me know. I has a drawing below if anyone can not see it clearly enough.

Last edited by NamC32; 01-13-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 '02
can you try aligning it and screwing the center bolt back on?
Old 12-31-2009, 10:40 AM

02 C32
Abrian, I try that but still dont seen to make a different. I guess i have to take everything apart again and try to align it with the shaft insteal of the bearing, but i'm afraid i mess up the pins on the shaft. Also my orginal washer are the same way too. So your does line up good?
Old 12-31-2009, 12:13 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Alignment Pins

Try turning / spinning it 180* , not flip it over, If you have the same offset , then the pins have been tweeked . If so , this happened when you removed to original washer. Look close at the pins. _PTEngineering
Old 12-31-2009, 02:27 PM

02 C32
Originally Posted by PTE
Try turning / spinning it 180* , not flip it over, If you have the same offset , then the pins have been tweeked . If so , this happened when you removed to original washer. Look close at the pins. _PTEngineering
Yup, try that on both washer too. I guess i have to get them off again. But your are perfectly lineup correct.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
mine lined up flat and with a very tight fit on the pins
Old 01-01-2010, 09:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 '02
I just checked, mine lined up pretty well, I turned the sc and its pretty much even on all sides...
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
it is just a washer. lay it on a flat surface and flatten it out! clean the pins holes with a pick and try to reinstall
Old 01-02-2010, 07:34 PM

02 C32
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
it is just a washer. lay it on a flat surface and flatten it out! clean the pins holes with a pick and try to reinstall
Man i have to bend both pins before the washer can line good but not perfect. I did try to take out the old pins and put a new pins in there but still no help. I guess the SC company drill off on it angle or maybe is not that important piece that why the dont put time to drill it straight.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
maybe you can drill the holes out in the washer if its not to far off. i didnt have any alignment issues. maybe a machine shop can make you a new washer to fit your needs for a decent price
Old 01-04-2010, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Nam - nice meeting you the other night! I was contemplating driving off in your car since I miss mine so much!

Anyways - I'm not sure what's going on with your alignment of the washer and the bearing / shaft.

Is it possible that the pins might be slightly bent when you were wrenching on the old washer?
Also, didn't you recently replace the bearing? Is it possible that the bearing is not seated perfectly?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM

02 C32
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Nam - nice meeting you the other night! I was contemplating driving off in your car since I miss mine so much!

Anyways - I'm not sure what's going on with your alignment of the washer and the bearing / shaft.

Is it possible that the pins might be slightly bent when you were wrenching on the old washer?
Also, didn't you recently replace the bearing? Is it possible that the bearing is not seated perfectly?
Patrick i check anyway i can even check the pulley itself and its balance is GOOD, i think my old washer was the same before i take them off. BTW when align the washer i was using a brand new bearing (not the pulley) that i bought for spare to align it. I also take out the old pins and put a new one in the shaft but still no help. Finally i end bend the pins where is can get close to the center and bolt them up. I was think NEW WASHER, BEARING, and PINS, and still not center? That dont make any sense. I'm new and this car but not at the modification whiles, i been done alot more thing to the car then just replace a bearing.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Mine is a bit off balance as well. After I installed it I could see a slight wobble when the car was on, but nothing significant. Every thing works fine and I have had no problems so far. My dad has an srt6 and his had no wobble, so I thought there was some thing wring with mine and I tried every thing to seat it correctly, but it still has a bit of a wobble. I left it like that and it has worked fine. Every fits tightly and nothing rubs.

As long as every thing is ok and tightened correctly, I would leave it that way.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM

02 C32
Originally Posted by loudandheard
Mine is a bit off balance as well. After I installed it I could see a slight wobble when the car was on, but nothing significant. Every thing works fine and I have had no problems so far. My dad has an srt6 and his had no wobble, so I thought there was some thing wring with mine and I tried every thing to seat it correctly, but it still has a bit of a wobble. I left it like that and it has worked fine. Every fits tightly and nothing rubs.

As long as every thing is ok and tightened correctly, I would leave it that way.
Thanks so much for the input loudandheard. I knew i remember my old washer are like that. BTW did you find out where is the oil leak on car and fit it.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by NamC32
Thanks so much for the input loudandheard. I knew i remember my old washer are like that. BTW did you find out where is the oil leak on car and fit it.
Yeah, it was exactly like you said. The oil cooler was the culprit and I used the same parts that you suggested, worked like a charm. Thanks for the help, I couldn't have done it with out your advice.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:07 PM

02 C32
Originally Posted by loudandheard
Yeah, it was exactly like you said. The oil cooler was the culprit and I used the same parts that you suggested, worked like a charm. Thanks for the help, I couldn't have done it with out your advice.
No problem. thanks you too