C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Don't do your emissions after you modify your ECU or replace your battery....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by trbo2nr
Good for another two-years!
Just to clarify, you actually sent your ECU back to Jerry and after it came back and was re-installed, you then passed the inspection? I'm currently also in the "not ready" state for some emission related components and have a EC tune on the car.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo
I had my ecu, sent out to LET, Then when LET came to Cali, had it Dyno Tuned as well. I have a couple Check engine issues, One being the Maf sensor and the secondary smog pump. I cleared the codes... knowing that it will pop back on in the next 20-50 miles, so I immediately took it over to the smog place to have it smoged.... I was a little nervous wen the hooked it up to the obd2.... But it didn't have an issue. Whats even better is they didn't even put the car on the roller to test it under load.... Just reved it to 2500 rpms for 20 seconds... I was told that most mercedes they do this with since of our traction control haha to bad they didn't know dyno mode.. Im sure if they heard the S/C wine... they would have said its modded or something.... I even have headers... and all sorts of stuff done to my car..... They were looking hard at my engine to see if it had anything since my front end has the huge heat exchanger. Lucky the VRP headers are black, so they blend in...

Last edited by OverDrive; 05-12-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by Lenin
Just to clarify, you actually sent your ECU back to Jerry and after it came back and was re-installed, you then passed the inspection? I'm currently also in the "not ready" state for some emission related components and have a EC tune on the car.
I added a BG44K to the tank and the next day it passed. Keep in mind I drove the car 800 miles and more and even thinking closer to 900-1000 and it would not pass. Did the BG44K do the trick, I don't know. All I know is it passed the very next day. After speaking with others, they know some new cars have failed in sensors not ready and BG44K has fixed those too. Hey, I'm good for
two years...
Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Well I have same issue and never noticed it til I went to get tags thus was warned I had to get emissions done first..I don't believe I disconnected my battery but if I did well I been driving my car since April or May put 1000+ miles on it and was rejected due to not being able to get the readiness codes read...I had readiness codes reset and put 110+ miles on it and rejected again..but as I read I am 100s of miles left to allow a drive cycle right. I'm already at a point were I have my tags expired sine June 2010...I really don't wish to waste time...I am gonna see if I can have my tune flashed back to stock and hope the 185 works well with it. I'm gonna try driving cycle described above and see.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by c32used
Well I have same issue and never noticed it til I went to get tags thus was warned I had to get emissions done first..I don't believe I disconnected my battery but if I did well I been driving my car since April or May put 1000+ miles on it and was rejected due to not being able to get the readiness codes read...I had readiness codes reset and put 110+ miles on it and rejected again..but as I read I am 100s of miles left to allow a drive cycle right. I'm already at a point were I have my tags expired sine June 2010...I really don't wish to waste time...I am gonna see if I can have my tune flashed back to stock and hope the 185 works well with it. I'm gonna try driving cycle described above and see.
I think CLKCLK had the same issue and had Jerry adjust something in his flash to allow it to pass smog. In other words, you keep your tune, but something is adjusted for the smog sensor checks. You might inbox him and see....
Old 07-22-2010, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Contact your tuner and tell them to check your file and see how the O2 sensors are coded. In my case the O2 sensors (by mistake) were coded not to communicate back. This is done sometimes on track only cars where the primary cats are deleted and to eliminate the CEL. I did not need that. My primary cats are still in place. So, after the tuner realized the error, the file was corrected and the ECU was re-flashed. PM me if you need a longer explanation.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
I got mine to pass after someone told me to run BG44K in the tank. I ran the car for one day and went back and it passed. That was the best $20 I've spent in getting it to pass.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
I got mine to pass after someone told me to run BG44K in the tank. I ran the car for one day and went back and it passed. That was the best $20 I've spent in getting it to pass.
What that? BG44k? Also my problem is not being able to read readiness codes...will this turn them on?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I used BG44K and it did not do a thing for me to change the readiness status.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
What that? BG44k? Also my problem is not being able to read readiness codes...will this turn them on?
They can't read it because there's not enough history Vic. Sounds like you need to drive it some more and hopefully easily so you don't throw any CELs. Lemme use it for a few days, I 'll put some miles on it for you (see my POst about the ML 55 doing this). I don't think its the ECU tune doing this??
Old 07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had the same problems and it was not the ECU. Mine kept showing up as not ready... After the BK44K fuel treatment was added, the codes could be read and the car passed the emissions. That's all I know. I had someone tell me this has happened to new cars and told them to do the same. They passed as well. I don't know what happens but my friend said gas can cause some of the emissions issues we've seen. I had my ECU sent to Jerry and he could not find anything wrong with it. I even drove 1000+ miles and still would not pass until I added the fuel treatment to the tank. I won't say it fixes everyone's emissions issues but it fixed mine. I drove the car like 50 miles after adding the BK44K and bingo.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lenin
I used BG44K and it did not do a thing for me to change the readiness status.
Yeah I understand. I'm just glad it worked for me. I was at the end of what I could do. I sent to Jerry and he found nothing wrong, I drove 1000+ miles and the same issue. Not sure how BG solved my problem but I was just thankful I
was able to get the car renewed for another two-years.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
They can't read it because there's not enough history Vic. Sounds like you need to drive it some more and hopefully easily so you don't throw any CELs. Lemme use it for a few days, I 'll put some miles on it for you (see my POst about the ML 55 doing this). I don't think its the ECU tune doing this??
I think it may be tune IF those 3 readiness codes were turn off and member CLKCLK said after getting flash revised by Jerry all was fine.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
I had the same problems and it was not the ECU. Mine kept showing up as not ready... After the BK44K fuel treatment was added, the codes could be read and the car passed the emissions. That's all I know. I had someone tell me this has happened to new cars and told them to do the same. They passed as well. I don't know what happens but my friend said gas can cause some of the emissions issues we've seen. I had my ECU sent to Jerry and he could not find anything wrong with it. I even drove 1000+ miles and still would not pass until I added the fuel treatment to the tank. I won't say it fixes everyone's emissions issues but it fixed mine. I drove the car like 50 miles after adding the BK44K and bingo.
Interesting...I guess it's worth a try in order to weed out possible causes right....what I got to lose it's only $20 and local instead of driving around...
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
lol my friend I put thousand plus miles before first rejection...I been driving it Fri-Sunday every weekend since April....history should be there. On 2nd rejection I had readiness codes reset with Star machine and put in over hundred and ten miles before 2nd rejection.

(P.S my number one button is broke on laptop)