Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Thumbs up Spotless Water Deionization System Promotion

Customer Testimonials:

Absolutely works. Can't live without it now. Also, get the Airmax dryer from Moe at Glistening Perfection. This two system process will eliminate drying, which will also cut down on the swirling potential from the hand drying. Highly recommended.

chardonet (6speedonline)

Grab a CR system from Moe - you won't be disappointed!

MidnighTT (6speedonline)

If you don't already have the CR system...you definitely need it...fantastic!!! I love mine!!!

TUUNER (6speedonline)

I also purchased a CRspotless, and some other products, from Moe some months ago. I got the same VIP treatment that you experienced. He's a pleasure to deal with. It's great to be able to speak with someone so knowledgeable and experienced. As far as the CRspotless, I concur, it works just as advertised. It's a great time and swirl mark saver.

Paladin (Rennlist)

I received the cr spotless from Moe on saturday. Used for the first time this afternoon. In a word...incredible.Even the windows are cleaner and require no wiping off after wash. Worth every penny. Moe was a pleasure to work with....had a delivery problem and Moe offered a free refill for my inconvenience. Even my wheels are shinier. I was doubtful at first but a friend if mine kept raving about it so I decided to try it. Im glad I did.

points (Rennlist)

Got mine today. Came home from C&C and it was sitting on my doorstep. Washed both cars in less time than I ususally spend on my 997 alone.

Well worth it!! Thanks Moe.

LeNoah (6speedonline)

Got mine last week and fired it up today in conjunction with a pressure washer for initial rinse and semi-final rinse and worked incredible. Just used an open hose for the last few seconds to "flood" and basically didn't really have to wipe anything down... Thanks again Moe

INSman (6speedonline)

Sale ends 2/15/10

Click HERE to Order
Old 02-05-2010, 09:31 PM

SLK32
What kind of difference in TDS's can I expect in using your filter system? Do you guarntee this?

How long do the filters last? What is the price for replacement filters?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Originally Posted by 430
What kind of difference in TDS's can I expect in using your filter system? Do you guarntee this?

How long do the filters last? What is the price for replacement filters?
Since this unit is a de-ionizing system, your TDS readings will be 000. This is pure H2O. How long it stays at 000 is a factor of your water hardness and the amount of water you flow through this system. With a TDS input of around 400 ppm, typical residential reading, you can expect about 200 gallons of DI water. The replacement resin is typically less than $60 a refill.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Since this unit is a de-ionizing system, your TDS readings will be 000. This is pure H2O. How long it stays at 000 is a factor of your water hardness and the amount of water you flow through this system. With a TDS input of around 400 ppm, typical residential reading, you can expect about 200 gallons of DI water. The replacement resin is typically less than $60 a refill.

FYI, I use a Wet Spot for my boat and it is rechargeable with common salt you buy at Sam's or Costco rather than requiring a new cartridge? How is this different or better than your "Spotless System??"

What does WETSPOT do?
Wetspot removes the hardness by using a resin. The resin carries sodium. When the hard water carrying the dissolved calcium and magnesium come in contact with the resin, the resin releases the sodium and grabs onto the calcium and magnesium ions that are making them hard. Thus, releasing a softer water. If there is dissolved manganese and/or iron in the water, Wetspot can also remove them.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
FYI, I use a Wet Spot for my boat and it is rechargeable with common salt you buy at Sam's or Costco rather than requiring a new cartridge? How is this different or better than your "Spotless System??"

What does WETSPOT do?
Wetspot removes the hardness by using a resin. The resin carries sodium. When the hard water carrying the dissolved calcium and magnesium come in contact with the resin, the resin releases the sodium and grabs onto the calcium and magnesium ions that are making them hard. Thus, releasing a softer water. If there is dissolved manganese and/or iron in the water, Wetspot can also remove them.
Not familiar with the WETSPOT system, but many pro-level detailers use the CR Spotless systems. Allegedly, after washing, you can rinse with a CR Spotless or equivalent system and just let the vehicle air-dry - no water spots since there're no impurities in the water to be left behind.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 C320 Sedan
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Not familiar with the WETSPOT system, but many pro-level detailers use the CR Spotless systems. Allegedly, after washing, you can rinse with a CR Spotless or equivalent system and just let the vehicle air-dry - no water spots since there're no impurities in the water to be left behind.
Same thing will happen if you buy a good car washing soap and park your car in the garage after words. Save 500 dollars to spend on mods
Old 02-07-2010, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by krisv420
Same thing will happen if you buy a good car washing soap and park your car in the garage after words. Save 500 dollars to spend on mods
Respectfully disagree - for one thing, the carwash shampoo/soap is really just for cleaning; with additives for lifting dirt/grime so one is less likely to mar the paint's finish. Once you rinse the soap, assuming you do a thorough job, there really should be little (if any) left on the car - so, it has no real bearing on post-rinse water spots.

These water spots all come down to one thing - the quality of the rinse water. If you have extremely high quality water with no impurities, you can allow the vehicle to try in the sun or shade and (in theory) there should be no water spots left behind. If the water has impurities, it doesn't matter if you let it dry in the sun or shade - once the water dries, there'll be spots.

I don't own one of the CR Spotless systems (or any comparable system), but I understand their benefit. If you want to save 500 bucks and avoid one of these, then at least grab a couple high-quality waffleweave microfiber towels and blot the car dry post-rinse.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 02-07-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Respectfully disagree - for one thing, the carwash shampoo/soap is really just for cleaning; with additives for lifting dirt/grime so one is less likely to mar the paint's finish. Once you rinse the soap, assuming you do a thorough job, there really should be little (if any) left on the car - so, it has no real bearing on post-rinse water spots.

These water spots all come down to one thing - the quality of the rinse water. If you have extremely high quality water with no impurities, you can allow the vehicle to try in the sun or shade and (in theory) there should be no water spots left behind. If the water has impurities, it doesn't matter if you let it dry in the sun or shade - once the water dries, there'll be spots.

I don't own one of the CR Spotless systems (or any comparable system), but I understand their benefit. If you want to save 500 bucks and avoid one of these, then at least grab a couple high-quality waffleweave microfiber towels and blot the car dry post-rinse.
Well said...I'm not sure paying a detailer upwards of $500-1000 to remove hard water spots on the paint is worth skimping out on a system that costs $350. It all comes down to an ounce of prevention being worth less.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
The wet spot is actually a water SOFTENER, not DE-IONIZER. What's the difference? Soft water still leaves spots. It uses a different resin than the DI water. Soft water takes the calcium and magnesium in water and exchanges those ions for sodium and chloride...salt water basically. DI is more advanced as it takes the same calcium and magnesium ions and exchanges them for hydrogen and hydroxide...H2O....pure water. It gets a little confusing based on who's product you're looking at, but the CR is the industry standard and is the only portable DI system in the world that actually works as advertised.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
We've met our GB quota and every order placed qualifies for the special pricing. And some of you need the Boss's permission to spend the $$$....I think Valentine's Day is around the corner Drop her a hint.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Doesn't matter how pure the water is in a extremely dusty environment...
Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Originally Posted by gt4awd
Doesn't matter how pure the water is in a extremely dusty environment...
Very true...that's why we use the airmax to quickly dry the car without even touching it. Swirls and scratches can be greatly minimized the less contact you have with the paint.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
How much does just the airmax system cost?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Originally Posted by gt4awd
How much does just the airmax system cost?
http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...max/Categories

As part of the group buy, we'll include S+H AND the orthotote shoulder pad system. Just order the dryer and make a note of the group buy in the special instructions section.