** WHAT would you do, if you were in my situation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CLK 55
** WHAT would you do, if you were in my situation

Hey guys,
So, i have this problem while I was dealing with one of the memeber in here MBworld, and I would like to know what would you do to solve this problem.

Here is a story,

I ordered a camber kit from Ghost Rider, and I received an evenlop without any content and envenlop being damaged.

So I tried to talk it our with Ghost Rider and we did not find any solution here. He still believes that I received the actual product eventhough I showed him all picture of the damaged envelop, and ofcourse he is not willing to refund me or send me a new camber kit.

here is his side of story and post; and I posted pictures as well..

please, if you have couple minutes, take a look and let me know what you think

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...31-urgent.html
Old 02-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
I'd take down that 4th photo with the names and address, right now!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM

'03 CLK 55
Originally Posted by ScottW911
I'd take down that 4th photo with the names and address, right now!
I got it

thanks
Old 02-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
It’s incumbent upon the seller to ensure shipped goods are received in satisfactory condition.

For Ghostrider to have invested but $4.90 in shipping for his $215 camber arms may have been penny wise and pound foolish in this instance.
Setting aside for the sake of this discussion that he is selling his commercial wares via IB/MBW without having procured proper sponsor status, you ought to rightly be made whole if he’s at all a man of conscience.

Certainly he had the good sense to insure the shipment for its market/replacement value, yes?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by splinter
It’s incumbent upon the seller to ensure shipped goods are received in satisfactory condition.

For Ghostrider to have invested but $4.90 in shipping for his $215 camber arms may have been penny wise and pound foolish in this instance.
Setting aside for the sake of this discussion that he is selling his commercial wares via IB/MBW without having procured proper sponsor status, you ought to rightly be made whole if he’s at all a man of conscience.

Certainly he had the good sense to insure the shipment for its market/replacement value, yes?
Excellent observations. I have quoted you to the other thread for some enlightenment.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430

I'm actually a sponsor... I was also trying to figure out the best method of shipping. With that being said:

To be honest, I spoke with the Post Office, and the guy I spoke with believes the package was delivered with some content. That's why it was wrapped in plastic, and came with a note attached. I have asked repeatedly what was missing so I can write the Dead Letter Office in MN to see if the items had been recovered.

It seems that he wants the content and a refund.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:53 PM

'03 CLK 55
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
I'm actually a sponsor... I was also trying to figure out the best method of shipping. With that being said:

To be honest, I spoke with the Post Office, and the guy I spoke with believes the package was delivered with some content. That's why it was wrapped in plastic, and came with a note attached. I have asked repeatedly what was missing so I can write the Dead Letter Office in MN to see if the items had been recovered.

It seems that he wants the content and a refund.
If it was only damage and had a content, why would they put a sticker says Received without contents.

Plus, what would it really benefit me for lying and dealing with all this hassles in this forum?

We're all here with one common interest, and there might be few people who just wants to take advantage of it, but I am not that kind of person. I bought it straight from you without asking you any question and sent you money as soon as you sent me a pm, because I trusted you.

Especially, if you are sponsored on this forum, you really gotta take care of this issue, and it should never hapen again.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by s4avt
If it was only damage and had a content, why would they put a sticker says Received without contents.

Plus, what would it really benefit me for lying and dealing with all this hassles in this forum?

We're all here with one common interest, and there might be few people who just wants to take advantage of it, but I am not that kind of person. I bought it straight from you without asking you any question and sent you money as soon as you sent me a pm, because I trusted you.

Especially, if you are sponsored on this forum, you really gotta take care of this issue, and it should never hapen again.
The sticker has two phrases on it, the bolded phrase is actually the one of importance.

You filed a dispute with PayPal, we can raise it to a Claim and let them get to the bottom of this.

I will be faxing over the information to USPS on Monday of what to look for, hopefully they will find it and we can both have some closure.

I will say you have taught me a very valuable lesson... Thank you for that.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:08 PM

'03 CLK 55
So, as you said,

bold letter is important, which is package damaged.. and content missing..

don't you get it? both of them are true.. nothing is more important the other.

when you get the damaged package they just stemp it as packaged recieved damage.

but when you get both stemps, that means it is damaged and no content,

It is two different stemps, not a sticker. they said they put the sticker on to make it more readable and able to make a important note there.

I thought that was pretty clear to me, if you want, you can go to post office with picture and ask them which one is more important phrase...

GR, thanks that atleast you are trying to fix the problem, but this is more of your responsiblity to take care of it, and I still don't understand why I should be a victim of this happening. All I did was paying you money and receiving an empty package

and get called an lying from you

Last edited by s4avt; 02-27-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:13 PM

'03 CLK 55

I really appreciate for your comment.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
So, as you said,

bold letter is important, which is package damaged.. and content missing..

don't you get it? both of them are true.. nothing is more important the other.

when you get the damaged package they just stemp it as packaged recieved damage.

but when you get both stemps, that means it is damaged and no content,

It is two different stemps, not a sticker. they said they put the sticker on to make it more readable and able to make a important note there.

I thought that was pretty clear to me, if you want, you can go to post office with picture and ask them which one is more important phrase...

GR, thanks that atleast you are trying to fix the problem, but this is more of your responsiblity to take care of it, and I still don't understand why I should be a victim of this happening. All I did was paying you money and receiving an empty package

and get called an lying from you
I never called you a lie, I just don't agree with your assesment. I am out a kit and money just like you, PayPal holds the funds and I keep it there until I get word that the kit has been received for just this reason. So we are in this together, and we will go through this, together.

Oh, and it would have been nice of you to connect me before filing a dispute with PayPal, so we could have worked through it.

Last edited by Ghostrider; 02-27-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:50 PM

'03 CLK 55
I never called you a lie, I just don't agree with your assesment. I am out a kit and money just like you, PayPal holds the funds and I keep it there until I get word that the kit has been received for just this reason. So we are in this together, and we will go through this, together.

Oh, and it would have been nice of you to connect me before filing a dispute with PayPal, so we could have worked through it.
First to begin with I sincerly apologize for filing a dispute before I talk to you; but I was very frustrated and upset because this never happend to me before.

I don't think I will have problem to go through together if you can believe me that I am telling you the truth. I was may be pushing more agressive because I thought you were not trying to solve this problem and give me all responsibility for it.

I will just wait with Paypal weather they will send me the money or to you, but it has to be solve either I get the kit or the money; at the same time you get what you needed either money for they find the kit for you; however, I can't take 100% responsiblity for this.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
First to begin with I sincerly apologize for filing a dispute before I talk to you; but I was very frustrated and upset because this never happend to me before.

I don't think I will have problem to go through together if you can believe me that I am telling you the truth. I was may be pushing more agressive because I thought you were not trying to solve this problem and give me all responsibility for it.

I will just wait with Paypal weather they will send me the money or to you, but it has to be solve either I get the kit or the money; at the same time you get what you needed either money for they find the kit for you; however, I can't take 100% responsiblity for this.
I wasn't asking you too, just that it gets worked through properly.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
fyi, it only took one experience some years ago to teach me the lesson. for
the past half dozen years, everything i send is insured and with delivery
confirmation. the buyer always has the option to opt out, san charges, if
they wish and assume the risks which go along with such a transaction
Old 02-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
I'm actually a sponsor...
Didn’t notice the ‘Sponsor’ label under your screen name. My mistake.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
I agree with splinter and others. Its generally known that the shipper is responsible for the condition and content of the item until it arrives to the buyers door, where the buy stipulates its in satisfactory condition.

Send the shipper is a sponsor, that means he's a retailer and that rule is more prevalent.

To the buyer, if you saw the envelope was damaged, you should've refused the package. Long as you didn't open the envelope, you can go to the post office and tell them you refuse the package and the post office will auto send back the item back to the shipper free of charge.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 02-28-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:58 AM

'03 CLK 55
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
I agree with splinter and others. Its generally known that the shipper is responsible for the condition and content of the item until it arrives to the buyers door, where the buy stipulates its in satisfactory condition.

Send the shipper is a sponsor, that means he's a retailer and that rule is more prevalent.

To the buyer, if you saw the envelope was damaged, you should've refused the package. Long as you didn't open the envelope, you can go to the post office and tell them you refuse the package and the post office will auto send back the item back to the shipper free of charge.
Thanks, but they just dropped the envelop off in my box.

I didnt even had a chance to refuse or take any action
Old 02-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Didn’t notice the ‘Sponsor’ label under your screen name. My mistake.
Neither did I. Hmm.

Ghostrider, what name do you sponsor under? Are you P1 Performance?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold

u can take it back and say you refuse it, long as you don't open it. I've done with packages they just left at my door before.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 PM

'03 CLK 55
u can take it back and say you refuse it, long as you don't open it. I've done with packages they just left at my door before.
I see what you saying and what you meant, but unfortunately,

It was already open and I had to take plastic bag off to see where it was from... I am not expecting just from him... you know
Old 02-28-2010, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Neither did I. Hmm.

Ghostrider, what name do you sponsor under? Are you P1 Performance?
That's me!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by raymond g-
fyi, it only took one experience some years ago to teach me the lesson. for
the past half dozen years, everything i send is insured and with delivery
confirmation. the buyer always has the option to opt out, san charges, if
they wish and assume the risks which go along with such a transaction
Lesson learned!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Me too!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
I see what you saying and what you meant, but unfortunately,

It was already open and I had to take plastic bag off to see where it was from... I am not expecting just from him... you know
So you had to take off the plastic bag to see where it was from? You had to take off the plastic bag to see that it was empty?

Isn't the plastic bag clear?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430

All you would have had to do was take the package, as it was delivered, to a post office and they would have marked it as refused and returned it to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ** WHAT would you do, if you were in my situation