Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jturkel
hi vincent,

if you intend to pass the eurocharged drag time (which, by the way, doesn't actually reflect the actual fastest run it ever made)...you need to do much more than your suggest mods. i'm about as modded as they come at this point and i'm not near that. my best was about a 12.5 at 112 or 113 on 91 and you can see my mods in my sig.

if you intend to try to beat Jake's car, you need to do much more. some ideas you might want to consider or address to have a faster time:

-perhaps upgrade the supercharger, or mod it
-convert to turbo
-fuel....you'll need to change injectors/pump
-maybe nitrous
-some serious tuning if you do the above
-transmission....only jake has reached the tq limits on the car and is familiar with this
-larger TB
- p/p heads
- cam

as far as spare tire, mine doesnt have one nor did it come with one. in fact, IIRC, most didnt.

to answer your questions:

yes you can have a code3 pulley and a larger crank pulley....but you will likely having some serious lack of fuel issues, will throw overboost codes (you'll have to mess with the MAP sensor), and may get some heat issues by running such high boost. for some reason, i still feel that a 181mm crank pulley and a machined down supercharger pulley may make slightly more power than a 185 simply because of a little less rotating mass.

as far as headers, yes they make power and make the car sound hella nice. not sure who said they dont, but they do. make sure you go with ones that are stainless steel and not mild ceramic....the latter will eventually leak.

i've had this dream for a while too, but at a point, you start realizing with all the money it will take to put into it to get it to be so fast, you can just get another car.

as far as weight savings, if you ever save up some serious money, you could always do a carbon fiber hood, trunk, and doors. you could take out the back seats and the passenger....though i like the car b/c of its functionality....of it having the ability to seat 5. you could also opt for a carbon fiber drive shaft, which no one makes at this point. less rotating mass, less power lost to the wheels.

as far as your mod list, i would honestly do it differently:

"Code 3 pulley
secondary cat and resonator delete
johnson pump
NKG spark plugs
spark plug wires
later on mods:
headers
eurocharged heat exchanger
sl55 intake
"

i would delete the resonator first. then do pulley. once you have the money, then do heat exchanger and johnson pump simultaneously. do these before all the others as this will lower your IATs and allow you to run quicker more consistently. then plugs and wires OR SL55 intake if you are dissatisfied with the code3 (by the way, if you remove the weather stripping lining the firewall, it will make the supercharger louder)....then headers.....i wouldn't tough the secondary cats until the end.....there is no power to be gained with removing those and if/when you do headers, you may not like the loudness of deleting the secondary cats....i may still do it, but i love the current sound i have.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
hey vincent, i got my 2006 c55 at the end of my senior year in high school, but my first car was a bmw x5 4.4 (piece of junk hand me down) so i know how you feel about being young and having power. i have a little bit more torque and power than you cus my car is bone stock, but i know you've felt and understood the amount of power these things have. the only thing that kept me from buying a c32 instead of my 55, was the tip tronic. the button's on the back of the steering wheel that i have are a dream come true! anyways, try racing some e46 m3's while your still stock and good luck with the project and stay safe.

-michael
Old 04-21-2010, 09:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
Chamm, I would be very interested in your c3p pulley, pm me if you are willing to sell it
Old 04-21-2010, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 amg
"i got my 2006 c55 at the end of my senior year in high school"

There's your first problem. See what you have to do is, work hard and then you'll appreciate your toys much more.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:27 PM

'03 C32, '08 ML63
Originally Posted by 400+ HPC32 AMG

There's your first problem. See what you have to do is, work hard and then you'll appreciate your toys much more.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
hey vincent, i got my 2006 c55 at the end of my senior year in high school, but my first car was a bmw x5 4.4 (piece of junk hand me down) so i know how you feel about being young and having power. i have a little bit more torque and power than you cus my car is bone stock, but i know you've felt and understood the amount of power these things have. the only thing that kept me from buying a c32 instead of my 55, was the tip tronic. the button's on the back of the steering wheel that i have are a dream come true! anyways, try racing some e46 m3's while your still stock and good luck with the project and stay safe.

-michael
michael....i'm not trying to start a war here, but....

since when is a bmw x5, regardless of motor, a piece of junk? its NOT a piece of junk regardless of it being your first car or your last. sorry. but for sounding like a spoiled brat for that line.

also, your stated that you have "a little bit more torque and power because you are stock"? that doesn't even make sense. why would that be because you are stock?

and i think you mean the only thing that you were able to convince your parents on buying the C55 vs the C32 for you? as opposed to you buying it?

sorry for getting into the nitty gritty.....your post kind of irked me.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white

-michael
Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
sorry for the , lets get back to the oriGINAL thread.. Good luck on your journey..
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Talking

Originally Posted by 400+ HPC32 AMG

i bought the car myself. i've been working all my life, saving money to buy a corvette c5 that i was originally gonna spend 18k on. my dad gave me the bmw as a hand me down with 50k miles on it and it's had tons of problems ever since i had it. if you have a brain, you know that bmw v8's are garbage. the car looked great, but the drivetrain was all so terrible. i sold the 2001 x5 about 6 months ago for 5k above blue book, so i got 16k for the car off craigslist. but before i sold it, i had the decision to make for my next car which was either a 2004 or newer m3, a c32, or a c55. the c55 was my choice because i loved the growl of the v-8 and because it's the newest of the bunch. i found mine on craigslist from mb of san francisco with 35k miles on it for an 06' and they were asking 28k, but i got them down to 25 even. so i used the money from the bmw (they paid cash) and took some money of my own out and bought the car with cash at age 18. my point to c32 kompressor was even though he has slightly less power than me, i know he has felt the vast amount of power these cars have. if you guys wanna bash on someone, bash on the kid on the c63 forum that got a 2010 c63 for his first car at age 16. i worked hard for my car and did not expect you guys to come at me like that. i might need some opinions for this diffuser ebay is selling for my car in the near future here.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
if you have a brain, you know that bmw v8's are garbage.
Ascari disagrees. 5L BMW V8 making 625bhp

Old 04-22-2010, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by King320
Ascari disagrees. 5L BMW V8 making 625bhp

cool, the car won't last for more than 50k miles. bmw v8's are trash for reliability. if you like them so much, go to the bimerfest forums.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
cool, the car won't last for more than 50k miles. bmw v8's are trash for reliability. if you like them so much, go to the bimerfest forums.
HA, you have no idea what you're talking about. Sounds like you're monkeying a line that you overheard at an MB dealership or from one of your friends. They're at least as reliable as MB V8s. And I was on the Bimmer forums... when i had an E46 M3. Glad you're here, but if you want people to treat you like an adult try not to talk to others like you're still on the playground.

Last edited by King320; 04-23-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
yeah you're right michael..... the Dutch multi-millionaire Klaas Zwart, founder of Ascari is so stupid to pick that garbage BMW V8 engine for his race cars.... if he had half a brain he would have billions by now right? and use a Yugo motor instead
Old 04-24-2010, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
thanks for the welcoming to the page, but why don't you do this. purchase a bmw 4.4 liter v8 with no warranty left and just listen to the engine after 65k miles start to deteriorate away. i've had personal experiences with it and other people i've known with 745's and 540's have told me the same thing. the e46 m3 is the best thing bmw has ever made. again, personal opinion, but you may agree with me. that's why one of my options was to originally purchase an m3. and if anyone could send me to a link that sells high quality rear carbon fiber diffusers for my 2006 c55, that would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-20-2010, 09:08 AM

CLK55 AMG
so summer if finaly here and the first mod is deleting the resonator and secondary cats. hopefully this will be done within the next 2-3 weeks as i have school next week and then i start working. before and after videos will be posted
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 AM

'03 C32, '08 ML63
Originally Posted by c32kompressor
so summer if finaly here and the first mod is deleting the resonator and secondary cats. hopefully this will be done within the next 2-3 weeks as i have school next week and then i start working. before and after videos will be posted
I deleted my resonator recently, left the secondary cats. Gave the perfect sound in my opinion. More aggressive on acceleration, better idle sound, and still quiet while cruising at 80.

Not sure what deleting the secondaries will do to the sound.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Biscuit
I deleted my resonator recently, left the secondary cats. Gave the perfect sound in my opinion. More aggressive on acceleration, better idle sound, and still quiet while cruising at 80.

Not sure what deleting the secondaries will do to the sound.
deleting resonator results in a more aggressive and deeper exhaust tone/note. deleting the secondary cats results in a louder exhaust tone/note.
headers.....well, that just makes the car sound hella awesome and go hella fast
Old 05-20-2010, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
your looking at about 3 months backorder on the c3 pulley. if your are serious about beating jakes time the c3 isnt the route you want . you need a 178 stacked with a machined oem s/c or 185 to even start to get close. long tube headers and sec. cat delete along with res. delete. full sl55 intake setup with devil horns from needswings will get the air to the s/c but lean issues will drive you crazy.
at 16 let me suggest this. c3 with sl55 intakes and a e/c dyno tune. shorty e/c headers with sec cat and res delete keeping the oem muffler. oil catch can and maxbore on the t/b to 77mm. this will get you much better rwhp and keep you in the races but not the fastest. upside is you wont have to worry about overboost, lean conditions or detonation
lastly accept the fact your 16 and have NO EXPERIENCE driving or racing. this isnt a knock on you just a fact. keep the racing on the track and act like the 3.98 gpa young adult you are on the street. enjoy the 32!

lastly go to crossfireforum.org and check the srt-6 forum out. same driveline and this guys race the fire out of them! much info for you to soak up
A C3 with a 185 lower will get you power BUT then you have to deal with CELs all the time. I believe that the way to go is a custom 180 with a C3 and a tune and intake. Then you'll need a nitrous system (thats what Jake had). Still then, I'd bet you'd be around 12.5 to 12.7 with those at best. I've driven Jerry's car, Jakes car and Waynes car as well. All three are very fast BUT Jakes will be very tough to beat in the C32 class.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 PM

CLK55 AMG
resonator delete will behappening on friday, made the appointment at my local exhaust shop. its getting done for only 40$. i cant wait!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
Sounds like a lot of fun! Keep us posted with vids!
Old 05-26-2010, 03:59 AM

ML
I can't imagine having any kind of "fancy" nice car or AMG at 16 or even 18. Do you guys even have friends? I know around here, people would hate you and probably kick your ***. Hell, i'll be honest, i hate seeing spoiled rich kids in their nice cars. I drove a 92' 300zx thru high-school and got hated on for it. Only because it looks cool and seems expensive.. only it was dirt cheap and i didn't have much money (1k). So my father did give me a bit and i got it. Only to return and spend $$$$ later on down the road. It finally died at 234k

I feel like a punk driving the C32, and ALMOST feel bad telling people that i have one. I meet a lot of poor kids and adults and that don't have anything, so when i say "Mercedes" i feel like a spoiled rich kid. I am 21, but i look about 18.

Be happy you had the x5 as most kids don't even get that. You still got 16k for it.. thats 16k your father gave you.

You gotta come from money to have money *most of the time*

and to C32kompressor:

I would modify it to an extent, but thats it. After that, a lot of time and money goes into it for small gains. I'd do the basics and make it look good. It's a Mercedes and it's fast enough for what it is. I wouldn't get wrapped up into making it a race car. I'd put my full concentration on picking up the ladies.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 AM

C32 AMG
"I would modify it to an extent, but thats it. After that, a lot of time and money goes into it for small gains. I'd do the basics and make it look good. It's a Mercedes and it's fast enough for what it is. I wouldn't get wrapped up into making it a race car. I'd put my full concentration on picking up the ladies."

He has a good point..
These cars are fast as it is, get a couple more things done to it, make it quick and sound good. Then work on the aesthetics a bit.

2 days after I got mine some broad flashed her tittayss at my friends and I driving outside of Vegas. IT WAS NIIICE!! haha

and DrewZ9266-
Im 21 and driving a benz too, and I just moved back to my home town in northern michigan.. I know people think I spent $50-60k on this car. haha, but I drove a porsche 944 non-turbo in the summers when I was a kid that was a TURD! Everyone gave me **** because they knew it was a Porsche.. I got pulled over by a local cop and he immediately said " I dont care whether youre in a porsche, ferrari, or lamborghini, you cant turn right out of there!"

I LOL'd and told him I paid $3,500 for the car.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:06 PM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
A C3 with a 185 lower will get you power BUT then you have to deal with CELs all the time. I believe that the way to go is a custom 180 with a C3 and a tune and intake. Then you'll need a nitrous system (thats what Jake had). Still then, I'd bet you'd be around 12.5 to 12.7 with those at best. I've driven Jerry's car, Jakes car and Waynes car as well. All three are very fast BUT Jakes will be very tough to beat in the C32 class.
I could be wrong, but last time I was at the shop before Jake sold his C he was running stacked C3 mid-size and a 185...but then again, his car was very heavily modified and had spent 50 hours or more on the dyno getting tuned.

...I guess those are the perks of owning your own dyno...
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM

CLK55 AMG
37$ for the resonator delete. would have done the secondaries but i guess in florida its illegal for any shop to even touch those other than replacing stock ones. car sounds great and clean. ill post some videos as soon as i get a hold of a good camera

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: summer project