C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New Member - thinking about this car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010 | 11:44 PM

G37
New Member - thinking about this car

Hi everyone - I'm brand-spanking new to this forum. I currently drive a G37 sedan, but I am thinking of purchasing a used C55 - there's a Kleeman C55 for sale at a Florida 'wholesaler' - an off-lease auction purchase, one-owner, according to the dealer; I can't get any info on the particular Kleeman package - I suspect it's just headers, exhaust and a tune, and I was wondering what the experts here (a) thought about the car and the price notwithstanding the fact that all you have are pics and a description, (b) could provide me with any info on the Kleeman package installed on the car, or best guesses, and (c) general opinons.

The badging says K5 8, and Kompressor on the quarter panels, but it does not appear to have a supercharger, so I am a little leery of the whole thing - it appears the previous owner felt compelled to imply supercharging when none was involved...

http://www.centralfloridaautomotive....z-C55-Kleemann

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2010 | 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
i've never seen a S8 Kleemann C55, but it appears that it is supercharged. In pic 12 or so, you can make out the heat exchanger (kind of like a FMIC) and i believe that there is just a MB OEM style cover on the supercharger in the engine bay pics.

there are a couple guys on here with that car. i'm sure they'll chime in.
Old 05-14-2010 | 12:24 AM

G37
Oh, well, holy crap - this seems like a good deal? How reliable are the Kleeman engines? What would this run at the wheels I wonder - 450, around there? It seems like the owner got rid of it after the warranty expired - are there any members here who can run VIN checks and get service data? I was totally thrown by the stock cover, but then again I know nothing about C55 engines....
Old 05-14-2010 | 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
the badging looks a bit funky. usually it says Kleemann on one side and then 55 S8 on the other side....but maybe the previous owner messed with that

....the S8 Kleemann package is much more than exhaust, tune, and headers. The Kleemann S8 package obviously includes full exhaust and tune, but also includes a supercharger, full suspension (IIRC), special cams, an actual LSD (C55 doesn't have one), upgraded brakes, and some tasteful exterior/interior mods. Not to mention, that adds up to 600hp and 560 tq. Not too shabby lol.

as far as it being priced reasonably, again, hopefully someone with one will chime in here shortly. i know there are at least 2 or 3 guys with S7s or S8s on here.
Old 05-14-2010 | 12:47 AM

G37
Bump for an s7 s8 owner comment! ^^ I hope you disinfected your merc logo before letting that girl lick it. Seems very unsanitary. Or is that a new detailing trick?

I am getting excited about this car - 24k miles.
Old 05-14-2010 | 01:48 AM

LADA 1600
From the looks of it, it just looks like a regular C55 with a Kleeman exhaust and misplaced badges.

Here's a Kleeman S8, you can compare it and see how different it is visually. http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/to...n-C-55K-S8.htm

Price seems right, probably a little low due to the modifications. Also seems pretty standard, no nav, xenon lights, etc.. which also contribute to the lower and reasonable price.

Maybe you can bargain it down a few more grand due to the after market modifications.
Old 05-14-2010 | 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by masterianvii
From the looks of it, it just looks like a regular C55 with a Kleeman exhaust and misplaced badges.

Here's a Kleeman S8, you can compare it and see how different it is visually. http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/to...n-C-55K-S8.htm

Price seems right, probably a little low due to the modifications. Also seems pretty standard, no nav, xenon lights, etc.. which also contribute to the lower and reasonable price.

Maybe you can bargain it down a few more grand due to the after market modifications.
good find.

OP, looks like it ISN'T supercharged and is a scam on it at least being a stage 8 or even 7 for that matter (i don't know what stage includes the supercharger). sorry bud.
Old 05-14-2010 | 06:15 AM

G37
yeah, I was just looking at a Kleeman C55 S8 at serious wheels (http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/to...n-C-55K-S8.htm), and this is for sure not that car - just looking at the rear of the kleeman, and comapring, you can see that (a) the exhaust tips are out severla inches too far, and (b) the exhaust is not a Kleeman - cans are much too large, looks stock. The badges are all in the wrong places, the engine bay is definitely not the same - for instance, there are no supercharger pulley assemblies visible in the front of the engine, for goodness' sake. So it is not a Kleeman, just a semi-murdered out poseur with low miles. So the whole thing makes me suspect. I think somebody bought Kleeman tips and badges, and popped them on the car. So I'll probably pass, becuase the seller seems kinda shady as it is. They are like the internet version of the dude with the 12 cars in his front lawn in the unzoned neighbor hood next to the mall.
Old 05-14-2010 | 06:18 AM

G37
oh, and thanks everybody for your comments - much appreciated.