C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Rarest of rare colors!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55
Rarest of rare colors!

I posted this on the picture thread, but I wanted to get some comments from you guys regarding the color. I've never seen another Midnight Blue 2006 C55. Thanks for looking!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:52 PM

2005 C55 AMG
What sort of comments are you looking for?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 AM

E CLASS
That's because it's probably Capri Blue ...don't believe they ever had a Midnight Blue C55 in 2006. ...unless it's a custom aftermarket job
Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Those chrome door handles and mirrors have got to go imo but to each their own.
Enjoy your new ride.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Clemson guy...
jk
Enjoy ur car man!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
Clemson guy...
got their butts whooped in the ACC championship last year.

GO JACKETS!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
This thread seemed awfully familiar when I opened it....

Oh, here's why https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-2006-c55.html

It's really cool that you love your new car and we're all happy for you. However it is not a one of a kind, ultra-rare C55. The chrome mirrors and door cups have got to go, like stated in you previous post they were a DIO and are not rare in the least bit. The only reason you haven't seen them on other C55's is because they're gross. The color is nice but I'm pretty sure if it's a factory option that there are others with it. Black and silver are preferred by most so that's why you won't see many in blue.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 AM

2006 C55
The reason I reposted the pics are that I finally got high quality pics of the car. The previous post was with cell phone pics...but thanks for taking the time to point that out and pretty much be as negative as possible chris.bachman.

I would ask you how you know its not one of a kind? My guess is that 80-90% of the 451 C55's made in 2006 are silver or black. This leaves 40-50 world-wide in the other colors. I've seen pics of C55's in several of the other colors including red, white, pewter, etc, but never one in this color. So, maybe it is one of a kind.

Anyway, thanks for the classy reply chris.bachman.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by Viper98912
got their butts whooped in the ACC championship last year.

GO JACKETS!!!
Hope you guys enjoyed that championship that you were lucky to win! :-) GT is going to be down this year...unfortunately we are too! :-(
Old 05-27-2010, 09:46 AM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by NORCAL///AMG
That's because it's probably Capri Blue ...don't believe they ever had a Midnight Blue C55 in 2006. ...unless it's a custom aftermarket job
It could be capri blue...hmmm...wonder what the paint codes are for either/both? I was told it was midnight blue, but I'm not 100% sure. I think its darker than capri blue. Either way, I've not seen another in either color. It is the factory paint, FYI.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:50 AM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by NORCAL///AMG

Hmmmm....looks as though you may have been right! I did a quick search and found that indeed only capri blue was avaliable in 2006. My mistake guys.

http://autos.yahoo.com/2006_mercedes..._sedan-colors/
Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM

95 E300D, 97 FZJ-80
Originally Posted by clemson_tiger
The reason I reposted the pics are that I finally got high quality pics of the car. The previous post was with cell phone pics...but thanks for taking the time to point that out and pretty much be as negative as possible chris.bachman.

I would ask you how you know its not one of a kind? My guess is that 80-90% of the 451 C55's made in 2006 are silver or black. This leaves 40-50 world-wide in the other colors. I've seen pics of C55's in several of the other colors including red, white, pewter, etc, but never one in this color. So, maybe it is one of a kind.

Anyway, thanks for the classy reply chris.bachman.
I would ask you... "why do you think they'd only make a single car in a particular color?" It stands to reason that there's at least one more in your color out there somewhere.

Granted this is a 2005 (more than twice as many built), but it illustrates the point that if I can find one in a two minute internet search...they're out there.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM

a car.
I'm not saying your car isn't special Clemson_Tiger. It's an AMG and it's a limited production model. All of the AMG's in here are special and rare in their own right. I'm trying to point out that your chrome accessories did not come from the "factory" but rather they were put on at the dealership. It's educational information, not derogatory towards you.

As for the color, yeah it's very uncommon and quite possibly "rare". But no it is not one of a kind. When you talk about your own car it's best to have all the facts. Isn't that what you were looking for, information about these things?

http://www.yakez.com/for-sale-detail...062221658.html

http://www.yakez.com/for-sale-detail...872876009.html
Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 AM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by Xander Crews
I would ask you... "why do you think they'd only make a single car in a particular color?" It stands to reason that there's at least one more in your color out there somewhere.

Granted this is a 2005 (more than twice as many built), but it illustrates the point that if I can find one in a two minute internet search...they're out there.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
I've seen this car as well. I guess the point I'm trying to make is...I've never seen another 2006 in Capri Blue, and I've done extensive searching. I've only seen this one 2005. I like the car in particular because of the rare color. I'm not 100% sure how the production of these car's work, but I do know that with most production cars today they spray them as they come off the line. One may be white, the next red, the next blue...which make to reason that of the 40-50 of these cars that were not black or silver, they may only have had one order for a capri blue one. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is possible...its not like they lined them up and said 200 silver's, 200 black's, 20 whites, 20 reds, etc...they probably made so many silver, black and white's and they others may have all been ordered by the dealer or buyer.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 AM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
I'm not saying your car isn't special Clemson_Tiger. It's an AMG and it's a limited production model. All of the AMG's in here are special and rare in their own right. I'm trying to point out that your chrome accessories did not come from the "factory" but rather they were put on at the dealership. It's educational information, not derogatory towards you.

As for the color, yeah it's very uncommon and quite possibly "rare". But no it is not one of a kind. When you talk about your own car it's best to have all the facts. Isn't that what you were looking for, information about these things?

http://www.yakez.com/for-sale-detail...062221658.html

http://www.yakez.com/for-sale-detail...872876009.html
Chris, I AM looking for information...but you were busting on me from the first words you said. If you would have re-read the post that you linked I state in the very first sentence that I'm "sorry for the quality of the pics, more to come"...which was the whole reason for this post...to have a thread which had quality pics of this car that I'm proud of. Your first post was negative from start to finish. I maintain that the chrome mirrors on the car were on the car when it had 0 miles on it upon delivery to the original owner. They are an MB part with an MB part number. They were indeed DIO, and I honestly don't know every detail regarding DIO's, but I believe that they are an original MB part. I know the aftermarket has these in a "cover", but this is an original DIO and I believe that they are worth keeping because of it. I think it would be much like having a roof rack or a ski bag from the same year. Both were DIO that pretty much nobody else has...which set's a car apart. No wheel locks or all weather floor mats are different because they don't trully affect the look of the car.
http://autos.yahoo.com/2006_mercedes...73&PID=3196516

Last edited by clemson_tiger; 05-27-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: error
Old 05-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63
Those pictures are not very high quality. If you were in socal I'd take pictures for you.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 AM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by mikekuriger
Those pictures are not very high quality. If you were in socal I'd take pictures for you.
Thanks Mike,

I could only hope that they could be as high quality as the pic you have as your signature.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
clemson_tiger is really taking a beating in here. New owner - where is the love guys?

Nice pics clemson.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 PM

a car.
I'm happy to see a new member and owner in the forums. I apologize if my posts came off harsh, did not intend to offend you Clemson. When reading your posts it came across as high and mighty though, like you just strolled in with the rarest Mercedes ever made and had all the answers already. I'm sure that's not your intention, rather that you're just looking for a group of like minded people to converse with and get some answers.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Your car is gorgeous, I do like the color. Take good care of it and enjoy the amazing ride.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:23 PM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by mrobinso
clemson_tiger is really taking a beating in here. New owner - where is the love guys?

Nice pics clemson.

Truer words have never been spoken! Not sure why I've drawn all of this heat? Thank you for the kind words mrobinso!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
And this is prolly the most friendly subforum of mbworld as well..

Go gamecocks~~!!

btw, how old are you clemson? Oh and just run ur VIN number on a website (u gotta do some search..too lazy to find it for ya).. that way u can check ur orig paint..

Last edited by Quicktwinturbo; 05-27-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:32 PM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
I'm happy to see a new member and owner in the forums. I apologize if my posts came off harsh, did not intend to offend you Clemson. When reading your posts it came across as high and mighty though, like you just strolled in with the rarest Mercedes ever made and had all the answers already. I'm sure that's not your intention, rather that you're just looking for a group of like minded people to converse with and get some answers.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Your car is gorgeous, I do like the color. Take good care of it and enjoy the amazing ride.
Thank you Chris, and I apologize myself for coming in like that. I've owned several MB's in the past, an '02 SLK 320 and a '07 C230, but this is my first AMG. I love the performance of the AMG but even more I love the alure and rarity of the cars. I'm a classic car guy by nature so the thought of having something different than what others may have is what "gets me". Having one of 451 is special enough, but I bought this car (disregarding the fact that it has high miles, 80k) because I thought it was a little more specail, color wise. Its certinly no better than any other (hell, its got ugly chrome mirrors & door coves as well as wheels I don't like...not to mention the miles) but I like to think that the color sets it apart. I like to feel like I have something a little different, something special. Again, no harm or disrespect intended...I'd trade this car for a 40k Silver C55 any day, but just trying to love what I have. I apologize again. Thanks for looking at the car!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:34 PM

2006 C55
And this is prolly the most friendly subforum of mbworld as well..

Go gamecocks~~!!

btw, how old are you clemson? Oh and just run ur VIN number on a website (u gotta do some search..too lazy to find it for ya).. that way u can check ur orig paint..
Quick, I'm a 32yo Clemson grad '01. And....that screen shot is a once in a life time type thing...you know it too! LOL I think, in my life, we are at least 2.5 wins to every loss to you guys...not to mention the last 10-15 years of dominance! hehe :-)
Old 05-27-2010, 12:39 PM

2006 C55
Oh, just to add to the VIN reference...I actually put it in on the MB AMG Private Lounge and it says the car is Black...which is also noted on the Carfax I ran before buying it. Buuuuuut...there is no way this car has ever been painted. The under hood, the strut towers, etc are all showing the factory capri blue paint. Someone pretty much would have had to remove the engine to change the color on this car. I have no idea why it shows as black but it does...and its not. I am 110% the car has never been painted, anywhere...much less a full new paint job with a color change.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by clemson_tiger
Quick, I'm a 32yo Clemson grad '01. And....that screen shot is a once in a life time type thing...you know it too! LOL I think, in my life, we are at least 2.5 wins to every loss to you guys...not to mention the last 10-15 years of dominance! hehe :-)
Come on now~

http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

You are welcome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rarest of rare colors!