C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Got my baseline dyno! Need opinions please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ddtham
Since the thread went from C32 dyno to C600, I might as well add what happened today.

I was driving the old beater (C280) all day today, just to see how it runs after water pump and thermostat housing replacement. Nonetheless, I miss the 32 already so I took the 32 to go to a late meeting for work in Mexico.

I was minding my own self, when a nice Alpine White E46 M3 rolled up and jumped at around 30 MPH on me and pulled a full car length. I gunned it and at around 70 MPH I started catching up, but had to brake because of traffic (damn traffic in Mexico...).

I gave the guy thumbs up and he waved and followed him to go onto a one lane on-ramp on a deserted highway. He gunned it again and I gunned it as well up to 80 MPH and semi-rode his tail. He tapped his brake and I braked as well because of an Impala that looks like la policia's car pulling up beside us

I pulled next to the M3 and we both laughed. This time he downshifted (I think it's an SMG) and we both went from 50 MPH to 95 MPH. And to my surprise, I didn't pull on him!

We were neck to neck all the way to 95 MPH. He took his exit and we both waved and smiled (nice guy), I forgot to ask if he was stock. I was actually very surprised that I did not pull on him during that short burst of run.

My mods are EC 185, EC Jerry Tune, C3P Intake, Resonator Delete, CM30, NW PSK, NW ISO and Toyo R888 rear tires (very grippy). I also turned off my ESP.

It makes me curious on what kind of mods he has, as I pulled on lightly modded E46 M3s (6M) when I was stock before. This one sounds kind of whiny (or is it my own SC whine playing tricks on me). I know SC M3 would kill me like no other, but what do you guys think?

The temperature was around 90F, heatsoak maybe?

I was going to get my dyno for AFR and numbers after the mods last week, but it wasn't successful. So, hopefully I get a dyno this week and see how my numbers compare. However, my trusty butt is telling me it's a lot faster at all rpms.
you were definitely heat soaked. No N/A M3 can keep up with a fully modded C32 such as mine...heck, i pull hard on the new ones tlo

you need to get that heat exchanger ASAP to drop those IATs.....i can't even imagine where your IATs must be....surely well north of 160F and probably by the time you're through 3rd gunning it, maybe even 180+

you probably should also consider changing your spark plugs. since you are running more boost and added a bunch more hp, you should get some plugs that are one step colder. just IMO
Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by jturkel
you were definitely heat soaked. No N/A M3 can keep up with a fully modded C32 such as mine...heck, i pull hard on the new ones tlo

you need to get that heat exchanger ASAP to drop those IATs.....i can't even imagine where your IATs must be....surely well north of 160F and probably by the time you're through 3rd gunning it, maybe even 180+

you probably should also consider changing your spark plugs. since you are running more boost and added a bunch more hp, you should get some plugs that are one step colder. just IMO
Josh,

Jake has informed that my EC HE is on its way I can't wait to install it myself, hopefully it will be here early next week!

I've been doing some research on on step colder spark plugs and I will try it soon. But, I think that's where my performance mods ends.

Thank you for your helpful insights everyone! I will be posting some dyno numbers if I can get it done this weekend.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 '02
Josh,

Jake has informed that my EC HE is on its way I can't wait to install it myself, hopefully it will be here early next week!

I've been doing some research on on step colder spark plugs and I will try it soon. But, I think that's where my performance mods ends.

Thank you for your helpful insights everyone! I will be posting some dyno numbers if I can get it done this weekend.
be sure to pressure test it after installation to look for leaks, just in case.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Make sure you re-gap your plugs a little tighter, running this much boost can effectively blow out your spark if gapped normally.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 SC
Thanks again for all of the advices! Those of you who's running full 55K intake, have you tried Eurocharged Intake and notice any difference?

I wished our cars can run NW Dual CAI with Devil Horns, those are really cool!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:12 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Thanks again for all of the advices! Those of you who's running full 55K intake, have you tried Eurocharged Intake and notice any difference?

I wished our cars can run NW Dual CAI with Devil Horns, those are really cool!
have not tried the eurocharged intake, but i imagine they're all pretty much the same unless you can control the airbox/tube from soaking up heat.

i just lined the bottom of my 55 airbox with 2000F heat resistance cloth and called it a day. i think it works, but i dunno....I've fail to see a IAT change from doing that. my IAT is around 114F on a 90degree day.