C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Cadillac takes aim at C32 AMG & M3 with 400HP CTS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
I too get tired of making excuses for Mecedes cars and hate seeing them loss in every category lately. They are marked down in just about every category you can think of now, especially quality, dependibility with questionable handling. The cars are just becoming to cheap in quality, workmanship & materials and subpar in the important performance areas for us enthusiasts. Mercedes is arrogant as always and the products are really below par.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

"cost" of the caddy has nothing to do with it. Even if it went for above $60K, it is still a "caddy" and will never be the European driving machine it so badly wants to be. No matter what the purchase price may be, it will still be considered 'cheap' in other respects. ( by comparison)

Those are the cold, hard facts. Live with it.

What have I forgotten.........Oh yeah! And, it's ugly.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by E55 KEV
I too get tired of making excuses for Mecedes cars and hate seeing them loss in every category lately. They are marked down in just about every category you can think of now, especially quality, dependibility with questionable handling. The cars are just becoming to cheap in quality, workmanship & materials and subpar in the important performance areas for us enthusiasts. Mercedes is arrogant as always and the products are really below par.
You want to talk "excuses"? Think how BMW must feel. Let's go over what has been proven time and time again, shall we?

BMW service: In a word-pitiful. There is no room for debate here. For a manufacturer that allegedly produces the "ulitimate driving machine", it is abominable that their service is not on par with their product. I've witnessed this first hand, and have had several second hand stories from BMW owners relay this to me personally.

BMW blown engine syndrome: Need I say more?

BMW resale value: What's that?

M3 Drivers. Unlike a porcupine, the *****s are on the inside. This is an old joke that happens to ring true. I'm not the writer, only the messenger.

Sorry for singling out Beemer here, but my point is to show you things aren't nearly that bad with M-B. Not perfect, but then again, what manufacturer is? I've had great experiences all the way around with my car and my service.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:10 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
the S54 blown engine has already been fixed, so give it a rest will you. That's about the only case BMW has problem with their engines, well that and the mysterious X5 4.4 caught on fire.

the current M3's resale value it's probably better than the C32 right now because you don't see much used M3 around for the taking.

service wise, all the brands are the same. When dealership or service consultant don't give a s h i t, you are bound to get bad service.

that was the saying about BMW drivers, not M3 drivers. Get it right if you want to pick on them. 5-6 of my friends has E36 or E46 M3. Are they *****s? NO. By saying that kind of stuff, guess what that makes you??

In general, BMW's quality and dependability has gone up while MB is coming down. But they are now pretty much on the same level. Audi has much better qualiy now, but still not very dependable.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG, Volvo S80T6
CTS is a very big threat to German car makers...

Dont be fooled into thinking that MB and BMW are not watching this car very carefully. This is the beginning of what could be a serious American threat to Euro car market. With 400hp, this is gonna be a screamer. And for 50k! Sounds and looks good to me. The next generation STS is going straight after the E class and will definately take a few buyers.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by FrankW
the S54 blown engine has already been fixed, so give it a rest will you. That's about the only case BMW has problem with their engines, well that and the mysterious X5 4.4 caught on fire.

the current M3's resale value it's probably better than the C32 right now because you don't see much used M3 around for the taking.

service wise, all the brands are the same. When dealership or service consultant don't give a s h i t, you are bound to get bad service.

that was the saying about BMW drivers, not M3 drivers. Get it right if you want to pick on them. 5-6 of my friends has E36 or E46 M3. Are they *****s? NO. By saying that kind of stuff, guess what that makes you??

In general, BMW's quality and dependability has gone up while MB is coming down. But they are now pretty much on the same level. Audi has much better qualiy now, but still not very dependable.
Francis,

So sorry to hear that 5-6 of your friends drive BMW's. You have my condolences, as do they. Where do I begin with your asinine comments?

Let's start with the blown engine issue that you so conveniently tried to sweep under the rug. The fact that it has happened repeatedly, warrants some criticism, wouldn't you say?

Regarding the resale value, you are COMPLETELY mistaken. The M3's resale value blows, and most everyone knows it. Look in your local classifieds! Now, debate THAT. I'm not making this stuff up, Frank.

Guess what your comment "service wise, they're all the same" makes you? If you guessed "delusional", you're correct! Have you ever BEEN to a BMW service dept.? I have, and they are horrible. KIA has a better service department. Don't even get me started on the inherent electrical problems with most Beemers-Sheeeesh! Most of the people that I know that drive BMW's know their service advisors faaarrrr too well, if you know what I mean.

Hope this helps. An educated auto enthusiast is a good thing.

Last edited by Marko; 04-19-2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:30 PM

Re: CTS is a very big threat to German car makers...

Originally posted by vinmanc32
Dont be fooled into thinking that MB and BMW are not watching this car very carefully. This is the beginning of what could be a serious American threat to Euro car market. With 400hp, this is gonna be a screamer. And for 50k! Sounds and looks good to me. The next generation STS is going straight after the E class and will definately take a few buyers.
Anyone that would choose a caddy over an E class gets exactly what they deserve-a GM. They obviously don't care that much about engineering, or fine automobiles for that matter.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
Vadim said: Commendable effort. But the car looks like it was designed by a 5-year old with a machette.

lol I couldn't agree more
it could have 700 hp 800torque but it's still a cheap lookin feelin GM car without any good style
Old 04-20-2003, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
I still think the nay-sayers need to calm down until the car actually comes out. Speaking stricly about performance, it may surprise, just as the Z06 did.

It seems like a lot of people buy Benzes to stuff their underpants

That being said, I have one too.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:36 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Marko
Francis,

So sorry to hear that 5-6 of your friends drive BMW's. You have my condolences, as do they. Where do I begin with your asinine comments?

Let's start with the blown engine issue that you so conveniently tried to sweep under the rug. The fact that it has happened repeatedly, warrants some criticism, wouldn't you say?

Regarding the resale value, you are COMPLETELY mistaken. The M3's resale value blows, and most everyone knows it. Look in your local classifieds! Now, debate THAT. I'm not making this stuff up, Frank.

Guess what your comment "service wise, they're all the same" makes you? If you guessed "delusional", you're correct! Have you ever BEEN to a BMW service dept.? I have, and they are horrible. KIA has a better service department. Don't even get me started on the inherent electrical problems with most Beemers-Sheeeesh! Most of the people that I know that drive BMW's know their service advisors faaarrrr too well, if you know what I mean.

Hope this helps. An educated auto enthusiast is a good thing.

Sorry that you're part of this message board, and it's okay, you don't have to be jealous about my friends have Bimmers. I'm sure one day if you have friends, they'll have BMW too.

Did you even read what i've said. My car would sell for $42k right now, as my friend's 02 M3 SMG could sell for a little more than that. Trust me, we've asked around.

it's good that you have been to a BMW dealership for service. FYI, I had a 2000 Topaz Blue 328Ci, and my bro has a 97 528i. Oh yeah, the Ci means it's a coupe, if you don't know what that means.

Later!!

Last edited by FrankW; 04-20-2003 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:49 AM

Sorry that you're part of this message board, and it's okay, you don't have to be jealous about my friends have Bimmers. I'm sure one day if you have friends, they'll have BMW too.

Did you even read what i've said. My car would sell for $42k right now, as my friend's 02 M3 SMG could sell for a little more than that. Trust me, we've asked around.

it's good that you have been to a BMW dealership for service. FYI, I had a 2000 Topaz Blue 328Ci, and my bro has a 97 528i. Oh yeah, the Ci means it's a coupe, if you don't know what that means.

Later!!
Francis,

Your frustration is showing again. My friends are much more savvy than your shallow acquaintances, and therefore have made sensible purchases with resale value, dependablility, and the non-***** factor in mind.

Later, indeed!

Old 04-20-2003, 10:17 AM

c32
caddy

I've not done much homework, but the thought of buying American has seriously crossed my wallet. i.e. France, Germany, Canada and others that didn't cross the sand line.

Hey who knows, we once race during an import only meet. And a Camaro was allowed because it was built in Canada!!
Old 04-20-2003, 11:01 AM

Re: caddy

Originally posted by my401
I've not done much homework, but the thought of buying American has seriously crossed my wallet. i.e. France, Germany, Canada and others that didn't cross the sand line.

Hey who knows, we once race during an import only meet. And a Camaro was allowed because it was built in Canada!!
401, I'm with you about the 'sand line' thing. That is VERY unfortunate and unacceptable behavior. What goes around comes around.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:04 PM

c32
Sand Line

I know this should be in another section, but while talking about funding others. This past year I spent 4 weeks in Nova Scotia, 4weeks in Europe (Germany and France) bought 2 Mercedes and live in a French Heratige community! I feel like a Trader! This was before known issues. P.S. Have Hatachi HD TV. JUST SHOOT ME!
If autos were disposable I'd drive the CTS. By the way check comparison of size between the C coupe and CTS, very close.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:31 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Francis,

Your frustration is showing again. My friends are much more savvy than your shallow acquaintances, and therefore have made sensible purchases with resale value, dependablility, and the non-***** factor in mind.

Later, indeed!

who's Francis??

Why would I be frustrated? I enjoys all sort of cars, and at the same time I criticize all sort of cars as well for their quality and material used. I'm not the one that picks on every other brand just because they are not MB. Please, give it a rest. I wonder what do you drive. Oh WOW, so all your friends drive Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans? Haha, you are a funny guy for for someone double or triple my age. When someone's a *****, a car can't change'em even when it's a Mercedes-Benz for some middle age guy from GA.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
who's Francis??

Why would I be frustrated? I enjoys all sort of cars, and at the same time I criticize all sort of cars as well for their quality and material used. I'm not the one that picks on every other brand just because they are not MB. Please, give it a rest. I wonder what do you drive. Oh WOW, so all your friends drive Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans? Haha, you are a funny guy for for someone double or triple my age. When someone's a *****, a car can't change'em even when it's a Mercedes-Benz for some middle age guy from GA.

hahhaa, TELL THEM FRANK!!!
Old 04-20-2003, 06:01 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Where do I begin with your asinine comments?

Oh I'm sorry, forgot to answer this part.

You can stop with stopping your asinine comments first.

yeah, let's talk about the blown engine issue, like EVERYONE already did before your 29 posts. The M3s that had the blown engine problems was all produced within a certain period of time frame. It was already over with. I'm not trying to "sweep it under the rug" because I can see past that incident. What more can I say when you have a narrow mind set = "everything that is not a MB is bad"
Old 04-20-2003, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
From my experience, BMW service cannot compare with MB service in general.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:42 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by oggle
for me, they are about the same, except HOI:MB has newer and more fancy entrance then ShellyBMW next door where I got my 328Ci.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
Originally posted by oggle
from my experience BMW service is MUCH better than MB!! i get BMW loaner cars. and car washes.... not at my local MB dealer though

Jerry
Old 04-20-2003, 09:53 PM

who's Francis??

Who is double or triple your age, Francis? Must you continue this tirade in vain? How do YOU know what my friends drive? Are you psychic simply because your misguided friends have Beemers that are in the shop most of the time? What a j a c k a s s you are, Francis!

I happen to like other cars besides MB, but the list is narrow due to common knowledge and personal experience. Hope you and the rest of the *****s had a nice weekend 'cruising' around critiquing other sub-standard cars!

You're losing here, Frankie.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by SiLvaC32
from my experience BMW service is MUCH better than MB!! i get BMW loaner cars. and car washes.... not at my local MB dealer though

Jerry
You're obviously going to the wrong dealership then! I get Mercedes loaner cars and car washes AND competent service!

BMW wouldn't know 'competence' if it bit them in their collective a s ses.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:50 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Who is double or triple your age, Francis? Must you continue this tirade in vain? How do YOU know what my friends drive? Are you psychic simply because your misguided friends have Beemers that are in the shop most of the time? What a j a c k a s s you are, Francis!

I happen to like other cars besides MB, but the list is narrow due to common knowledge and personal experience. Hope you and the rest of the *****s had a nice weekend 'cruising' around critiquing other sub-standard cars!

You're losing here, Frankie.
once again, who's Francis?? IT's Frank, get it right if you want to insult.

Yea yea, you're the man! watever, go enjoy ur little C32, if you do in fact have one.

of course we will enjoy driving around in our cars. How can we not enjoy W208 CLK55, CLK320, C320, C240, C230 kompressor sedan, C240 sport, E46 328i, E46 330Ci, E46 M3, and the C32.

seems like the only one who can't enjoy driving around is yourself. The ***** that grows in Atlanta, GA with 31 posts.

losing on what?? Who is a better *****?? I guess you are right. You won that catagory.

Last edited by FrankW; 04-21-2003 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
You're obviously going to the wrong dealership then! I get Mercedes loaner cars and car washes AND competent service!

BMW wouldn't know 'competence' if it bit them in their collective a s ses.
there is only 1 dealership here in santa barbara. that is cutter motors. and i was treated real well at cutter BMW but not at cutter Mercedes. but that is just my experience.

lets just be nice guys... no more flames!

Jerry
Old 04-21-2003, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally posted by SiLvaC32

Jerry
Maybe you should goto Penske then.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cadillac takes aim at C32 AMG & M3 with 400HP CTS!