C32 bearing sound...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by c32///
is it too long now that the code 3 pulley has went in? and where do i get a shorter belt? or where do i get a larger pulley and for which pulley (what # in the diagram) ...thanks for the help guys still trying to solve it
normally it's easier to change the #4 guide pulley.

i thought the code3 pulley suppose to come with a larger idler pulley for #4? or you can get the pulley saver kit that comes with the new belt i believe.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
The psk will take care of the belt issue if you think that's the problem. Here's a video of my SC bearing when it was bad. I changed the bearing and the sound went away. FYI this was before I had a psk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhT0uDNvIm8
Old 01-15-2011, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG x 2
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
The psk will take care of the belt issue if you think that's the problem. Here's a video of my SC bearing when it was bad. I changed the bearing and the sound went away. FYI this was before I had a psk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhT0uDNvIm8
you changed the supercharger bearing and it went away? did you have the same symptoms (louder when in gear?, goes away when moving?). ill have to check it out with the stethoscope when i get one tommorow or take it to Mike next week...im scared of blowing something when driving
Old 01-15-2011, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
C32,

Just put a wrench on the tensioner but instead of turning it counter-clockwise to loosen the belt turn it the opposite way a little and see if you hear it hit metal.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:59 PM

C32 AMG x 2
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
C32,

Just put a wrench on the tensioner but instead of turning it counter-clockwise to loosen the belt turn it the opposite way a little and see if you hear it hit metal.
okay i will do first thing monday when i take my car to my schools shop..if i do hit metal what does it mean? and if i dont what does that indicate?...thanks for the tips
Old 01-16-2011, 02:00 AM

E63 W211 08, C32 W203 02
hey guys i have my c32 that has a code 3 intake/pulley and k&ns and other small mods...anyways recently i noticed a bearing sound or knocking noise coming from under the hood. The noise goes away a bit when the engine gets warm(to operating temperature since im in toronto, Canada and its pretty cold now). However the noise is amplified when the car is put in gear ( D or R ). i took off the serpentine belt today and moved the pulleys and all bearing seemed fine, i couldnt hear anything either with my stethoscope. The tensioner pulley was moving a bit though and it kind of seemed consistent with the sound...anyways i dont know what it is and my local shop doesnt either...im not really intrested to take it to the stealership cause theyre gunna charge me an arm and a leg plus give me **** for my code 3 pulley. So if anyone has tips comments or any help please respond cause i dont know what im gunn do
I'm having the same probelm!!!! Just started to make that noise last week. It's around 30F in NY. The noise goes away after 5-10 mins of driving. I have the Code3 pulley installed as well. I don't think it's the C3 pulley that's causing the problem. I had that pulley running in my car for more than 2 years. I think it's time for me to change the #4 pulley.

Last edited by gtr886; 01-16-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 PM

C32 AMG x 2
Originally Posted by gtr886
I'm having the same probelm!!!! Just started to make that noise last week. It's around 30F in NY. The noise goes away after 5-10 mins of driving. I have the Code3 pulley installed as well. I don't think it's the C3 pulley that's causing the problem. I had that pulley running in my car for more than 2 years. I think it's time for me to change the #4 pulley.
ya it sucks man..i dont know why it goes away after a few minutes ...anyways im going to get mine checked out tommorow if mike has time and ill update the thread..if you find out anything please let me know
Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 PM

C32 AMG x 2
hey man, so Mike fixed it for me yesterday..it worked and no noise is produced and the car feels a lot smoother. Great job done by Mike once again! He basically got me a bigger guide pulley to compensate for the slack on the belt since the code 3 pulley is smaller and makes the oem a bit loose. So the PSK would potentially fix it. Anyways any questions or if you need some help, im pretty sure Mike would be glad to do it for you. Hope this helps
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 PM

E63 W211 08, C32 W203 02
hey man, so Mike fixed it for me yesterday..it worked and no noise is produced and the car feels a lot smoother. Great job done by Mike once again! He basically got me a bigger guide pulley to compensate for the slack on the belt since the code 3 pulley is smaller and makes the oem a bit loose. So the PSK would potentially fix it. Anyways any questions or if you need some help, im pretty sure Mike would be glad to do it for you. Hope this helps

Does that mean you replaced the new pulley with the OEM part or some after Market bigger pulley.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:30 PM

C32 AMG x 2
Does that mean you replaced the new pulley with the OEM part or some after Market bigger pulley.
The final resolution was discovered by Jerry...the previous owner was running a 178 on it and i didnt know...so when i ran a 178 and a code 3 the belt had a lot of slack. Mike changed the guide pulley to a larger one. After that under hard accel. the car would briefly shut off for literally a second and come back on. Thats because of the ~22psi of boost...so Jerry and crew pulled the code 3 off because i already had the 178 on and Jerry tuned it. For the guide pulley i went back to stock..so i have the extra one off mike. Anyways the car is fine and jerrys tune MAKES a diffrence...highly recommened it was a bigger result then the code 3...anyways hope that helped!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:01 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
The final resolution was discovered by Jerry...the previous owner was running a 178 on it and i didnt know...so when i ran a 178 and a code 3 the belt had a lot of slack. Mike changed the guide pulley to a larger one. After that under hard accel. the car would briefly shut off for literally a second and come back on. Thats because of the ~22psi of boost...so Jerry and crew pulled the code 3 off because i already had the 178 on and Jerry tuned it. For the guide pulley i went back to stock..so i have the extra one off mike. Anyways the car is fine and jerrys tune MAKES a diffrence...highly recommened it was a bigger result then the code 3...anyways hope that helped!!!
178 on good nights still hits 18-19psi. you are good to go
Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 PM

04 Crossfire MB 5.0L M113 V8 6spd, 05 Bagged SRT6w/55K AMG V8 ,2016 C300 Sport
Mine does the same thing, I live outside of Philly, its cold right now! Same thing , after warmup the noise goes away. I have the Code 3 pulley saver kit installed too, I'm thinking its my Code3 bearing on the S.C.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:38 AM

C32 AMG x 2
Originally Posted by silverjimm
Mine does the same thing, I live outside of Philly, its cold right now! Same thing , after warmup the noise goes away. I have the Code 3 pulley saver kit installed too, I'm thinking its my Code3 bearing on the S.C.
i guess just invest in a stethoscope and check...thats the only way youll know..