C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Anyone now anything about 05 C55 with BBS wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
+1 i bet you're loving those paddle shifters, i'm really loving mine. moose, that is if he can find one FS. i've been looking for 5 months now.
The paddles look great in the car but have not had a chance to play with them much. Last night the drive back from Miami was in a light drizzle so I drove nice and easy home.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
They still make that box
Call up Bob at Renntech in WPB
Old 02-13-2011, 12:44 AM

2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
They still make that box
Call up Bob at Renntech in WPB
Any idea on the cost? I can only assume if will be big bucks if it is from Renntech. Also what about a tune? Mike had said he had a guy that he would recommend, but do not remember his name.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by DRIVENONE
Any idea on the cost? I can only assume if will be big bucks if it is from Renntech. Also what about a tune? Mike had said he had a guy that he would recommend, but do not remember his name.
from what i've seen brand new is +$1,000 i'm not sure on the exact price. i'm trying to find a used one if anything. no rush though!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Yeah its that high. I want to say $1500. Youre paying for the renntech name.
but you wont find much of a deal.Thats prob the number one mod that goes pretty fast on the used parts list. At 1 point there was discussion of Mike making a knock off since it didnt look hard to make.

C55asleep? used to have one but when he sold his car, he parted it out and that peice went real fast.

Mike was prob referring to Eurocharged. My old neighbor Justin is the guy that does itfor them locally here
Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Yeah its that high. I want to say $1500. Youre paying for the renntech name.
but you wont find much of a deal.Thats prob the number one mod that goes pretty fast on the used parts list. At 1 point there was discussion of Mike making a knock off since it didnt look hard to make.

C55asleep? used to have one but when he sold his car, he parted it out and that peice went real fast.

Mike was prob referring to Eurocharged. My old neighbor Justin is the guy that does itfor them locally here
$1500 is allot of money for an airbox. But it sure looks nice and I guess I will keep my eye out for one. Does Renntech ever do group buys? I am sure we would get enough people together to order some if they discounted it.

have you done your ecu? Do you know how much hp Justin can get? Does he do it locally done there and do I need to mail my ecu somewhere? I am done in Miami a couple times a year so I could stop in his shop.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Give up on that bc Renntech is not interested in selling to thew W203 C Class ever
The reason "Because we don't like to spend money!"

The 19th they are doing a group tune down here. The companys name is Eurocharged. PM Loungn14 for details. Dont know how much pwr the C55 puts down with a tune
Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Give up on that bc Renntech is not interested in selling to thew W203 C Class ever

The 19th they are doing a group tune down here. The companys name is Eurocharged. PM Loungn14 for details. Dont know how much pwr the C55 puts down with a tune
I was told 25rwhp with the eurocharged ecu tune moose. I'm going to do it at a local dealer in a month or so.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:26 PM

2005 C55 AMG

I looked them up and just spoke to Jerry about it. they are going to be in Ft. Myers on Sunday, so i might make the drive down. He said with a tune for 93 octane and the couple things done to the car they typically get 25-30hp to the rear wheels and remove the top speed limiter. I guess I need to see how peolple have liked the tune from them. Have you heard anything good or bad about it? You can pm me you want. They are running a special since they are coming down for $399 and then you have lifetime free flashes also. Seems pretty good since they normally sell for $800.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Hello guys thanks for all the nice words and i'm glad the car went to another mike lol! Moose I hope your doing good I gotta catch up with ya.

As for the tune, the man for the job is Jeremy at OE tune. You guys know i'm beyond being **** so for my new 63 its an OE tune. I really hope you guys hit him up he has years of tunning behind him and my ECU is in route to his shop via FEDEX. Very picky a total Merc guy and allways takes the time to go into detail. I cant recomend him enough!