C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

$1900 to change all the plugs, coils, and wires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz c230
Remember that even if you insist on getting work done at a dealer, realize that different dealers charge difference prices. Your $4,300 quote could easily be $3k at another dealer. Out of curiosity, I got a quote for Service A for my car for $150 and another place wanted $225. Both authorized dealers with showrooms and everything. Of course I decided to do the oil change myself for $50-60. Complimentary inspection came later while my car went in for something else (warranty coverage).
Old 03-01-2011, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
The 17mm boot tool

is for popping off the metal boots easily and without damage to the wires,
you can use a standard thin wall 5/8 in or 16mm socket for the plugs but easier to use the one with the spring loaded swivel.PM some guy on the forum that has some

Harborfreight tools has obd2 scanners for 60 bucks. live data from a bit over 100. 20% off coupons in most field and stream magazines
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG
I bet the seal from the airbox to the mass airflow sensor needs to be resealed with some liquid seal. Try that first. As it'll cost about 8 bucks and won't require any tools.

Originally Posted by CoogAMG
So the shop's name is Eurocar-Werk...

I went to pick up my car and asked for codes on the estimate, and Eric (I think that's his name) said "the mechanic didn't list them," and just showed me the "detailed notes" he made...

Then he charged me $150 on the way out, for diagnostics and "oil clean up." I didn't complain because I just wanted to get my car back without any drama....

Drove the car home without any issues, even the idle behaved ok, but didn't know if the fair weather was a contributing factor...

Backstory FYI: I did scheduled maint at this shop once about 1.5 years ago, then had them change my pads several months ago... I guess after having a few opps to size me up, he (Eric) figured he'd roll the dice for a big payoff...

Anyway-

@OhLord: the check engine light was on, but not anymore. Will stop by Autozone within the next few days to see if I can get codes anyway, and post them. In the meantime, which OBD-II do you recommend? There seems to be a lot of choices...

And where do I order that MB socket tool from? I see the part number, do I just order it from MB directly? Also I couldn't tell if a torque wrench would be necessary here or not, your thoughts? Sorry for all the questions...

@BHeart, don't know if this will help you, but it's what I'll be going by: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...lug-r-r-2.html

Guys again, thanks for all the comments/advice, they continue to inspire confidence that I can do this job myself!