C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Eurocharged Remote Dyno Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 SC
Eurocharged Remote Dyno Tune

Just a bit of a background, my car dynoed at 297 whp and 294 trq (SAE corrected) on a dynojet in 90+F weather when it was 100% stock.

I haven't gotten the chance to dyno the current setup yet, but when it hooks up, the front end lifts and ESP still blinks at 70 mph when shifted. Oh, and those of you who has modded C32 knows this, but seeing the headlights go up and down from the torque on the freeway when you gunned it is still as amusing as ever (those of you who are contemplating modding should do it imo)

I was wondering if anyone of you has done the EC Remote Dyno Tune from Jerry and have any feedback for me.

I am currently running the following:
1. C32 with 92K miles (Service B completed 500 miles ago)
2. EC 185mm crank pulley and EC Tune
3. Code 3 Intake (DIY)
4. EC Heat Exchanger and Johnson CM30
5. NW ISO Kit and NW PSK
6. Resonator delete

The car runs great with no problem (knock on wood). Is there a huge benefit or noticable gain if I were to get the following prior to my remote custom dyno tune:
1. SL55 full intake
2. Shorty headers
3. Secondary cats delete (need to find a store that is willing to do this in SLC)

I have an access to a new Mustang dyno in the area. Jerry told me that all I need is the remote tuning cable ($100 from EC), a laptop and a wireless internet connection to get my own custom dyno tune

I just wanted to make sure that all of the go-fast items installed before doing my custom dyno tune. So, any opinions are appreciated to help me move forward. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
How are you going to gather your A/F data? Did you have an O2 bung welded in before your primary cats?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by wawy
How are you going to gather your A/F data? Did you have an O2 bung welded in before your primary cats?
+1, only a "real" dyno or a gauge (if you have one) is going to get you those. I think you can send Jerry the data remotely that you have and he can tweak that however. Regardless, it won't be "real time".....
Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM

C32, 911 SC
Thanks for feedback,

Shouldn't it be real time if the AFR reading in the Mustang dyno is connected online to Jerry's computer?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by ddtham
Thanks for feedback,

Shouldn't it be real time if the AFR reading in the Mustang dyno is connected online to Jerry's computer?
You're going on a dyno then??? Sure, if you're on a dyno at the time of the remote, then yes, it'll be real-time. I thought you were just doing a remote tune off the dyno?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:37 PM

C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
You're going on a dyno then??? Sure, if you're on a dyno at the time of the remote, then yes, it'll be real-time. I thought you were just doing a remote tune off the dyno?
Yes, will be renting a Mustang dyno. It's Jerry who will be remote

Any thoughts on doing the upgrades first prior to dyno tune?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Yes, will be renting a Mustang dyno. It's Jerry who will be remote

Any thoughts on doing the upgrades first prior to dyno tune?
Other than Nitrous and spacers, you seem to have all the mods that I would do....

BTW, you're going to love the new tune.............
Old 02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
its just my opinion but jerry has so many files that with the mods you have theres really no reason to go on a dyno to tune. i did my first tune on the dyno and my last was remotly tuned with jerry and just told him what i had . the afr 's logged at 170 mph were 11.8. cant get any better than that and didnt spend a dime on dyno time. i wish i could have dynoed after to see the hp # before i totalled the car
Old 02-23-2011, 11:47 PM

C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Other than Nitrous and spacers, you seem to have all the mods that I would do....

BTW, you're going to love the new tune.............
I am somewhat torn apart in the shorty headers, but would like to do SL55 intake for sure, who knows I might just have fun and create a hole and put some filters to make sure I still have the SC sound unique to code3 intake.

When you mentioned spacers, I assumed you're talking about phenolic spacers? I heard mixed reviews with them, anything interesting that you found, Newz?

Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
its just my opinion but jerry has so many files that with the mods you have theres really no reason to go on a dyno to tune. i did my first tune on the dyno and my last was remotly tuned with jerry and just told him what i had . the afr 's logged at 170 mph were 11.8. cant get any better than that and didnt spend a dime on dyno time. i wish i could have dynoed after to see the hp # before i totalled the car
I will take that into consideration, my only grief is that I still need to do dyno runs to find out what numbers I am at anyway. Jerry is giving me an affordable price that I cannot pass in terms of dyno tuning.

I am very sorry to hear about your beast, your SLK32 is that factory freak that puts down 325whp stock right?

I figured that after all of this is done, I can stop modding the engine and maaayybe do wheels, a bit of a drop, bi-xenon and call it quit.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
I see that to get a remote tune you need that $100 cable. Since I'm a college kid, I'm trying to save all the money I can. Would this cable work?

http://www.amazon.com/OBD2-Diagnosti...ies/B002WIN8VQ
Old 06-26-2011, 02:41 PM

C32, 911 SC
I would think that all cables that can connect your laptop to the OBD port in your car would work.

Update:
I haven't been able to get the remote dyno tune because my dyno operator is unwilling to connect his dyno to the internet. So, I might just have to go the conventional way of getting off-the-shelf tune with my own wi-fi at home.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Oh that's a bummer. Are there any other dyno places in your area? Also what the the pros and cons o getting an off the shelf tune vs a dyno tune?
Old 06-26-2011, 02:59 PM

C32, 911 SC
Thanks,

There are other dyno shops in the area, but I am procrastinating My car is fast enough, that I would doubt an updated tune would make a world of a difference right now.

Regarding off-the-shelf vs. dyno tune, some people might argue differently especially given the knowledge Jerry (Eurocharged) has with C32 platform. But traditionally, custom dyno tune can yield more hp because of all the parameters that are unique to your car can be tweaked, while still pushing on the AFR threshold.

Off-the-shelf tune is more general and is based on your other mods and will have to safely work with other cars with similar mods, therefore limiting the threshold because of safety concerns.

However, Jerry from EC has been tuning M112K for a long time now, rendering his off-the-shelf tunes safe and still pushing on the threshold for maximum power.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Alright thanks for the help. I wonder how much a remote tune costs if I bought that cable...
Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 AM

'02 C32 ///AMG, 2000 BiTurbo Audi S4(RIP)
Hey I think Im going to have to change my TB actuator so I'm just gonna throw in the kit Jerry and I had been emailing about, which is exactly what you have.

1. C32 with 145,000 miles
2. EC 185mm crank pulley and EC Tune
3. Code 3 Intake (DIY)
4. EC Heat Exchanger and Johnson CM30
5. NW ISO Kit and NW PSK

Couple questions
1. Did you dyno the car, if not, what do you think you're making?
2. Ever been to the strip?
3. Any noticeable change in MPG?
4. Any advice?

Also FWIW i think you should get a custom tune. You have easy accessibility to one of the best c32 tuners around, and it sounds like the same for the dyno for you. I just feel like a custom tune might just make your car run not just faster, but "healthier." as it may correct any little deviation that's specific to to you're car. Plus "Custom Dyno tuned" just sounds cool : ) Hopefully we'll be comparing notes in the nest couple weeks
Old 07-28-2011, 01:44 PM

C32, 911 SC
Couple questions

1. Did you dyno the car, if not, what do you think you're making?
Speak of the devil, I am planning to do a dyno run this coming Sunday So, I will keep you updated on the results. But just to give an illustration, I have a video of my runs with 2003 Honda CBR600 F4i with a friend of mine which I will post soon. From 65-110 mph, it was pretty much even before he started walking uptop. I should be making around 330-340rwhp on a Mustang dyno.

2. Ever been to the strip?
Unfortunately no, but planning to sometime this summer.

3. Any noticeable change in MPG?
My mpg is pretty much even before and after mods when cruising at 65-70 on cruise control (25 mpg ish). Overall mpg went down by maybe about 1mpg though on average.

4. Any advice?
If you are handy with tools, I would suggest replacing HE, IC Pump, iso kit and coolant flush by yourself. It's pretty straightforward, but just time consuming. Let your mechanic change the crank pulley and psk and it shouldn't take more than an hour and a half. I am not sure about tb actuator though.

Regarding dyno tune, I am contemplating but we'll see. I am really trying to focus on getting cosmetic mods now (coilovers, quad exhaust, diffuser, bi-xenon, 3-slat grille, front lip and trunk lip). After that, I will call it quit.

Good luck and have fun! Make sure you get the tune after doing all the mods, before gunning it
Old 08-01-2011, 09:51 AM

C32, 911 SC
A quick update for anyone interested. I did a dyno run at our local dyno shootout for Euro cars yesterday. The dyno is a Mustang dyno in 92 degrees weather (graphs to follow). I also let the car sitting for 45 minutes prior to running it.

I pulled 285 rwhp and 325 rwtq All of my four runs were very consistent within 1-2 rwhp/tq from each other. But the low whp numbers and the significant difference between hp and tq baffle me. I might have to go back to the place where I did my dyno (dynojet) before and see if there's any delta (it was kinda far though).

I know it's pointless to compare dynos and my original intention of running was to check on my AFR, can't help feeling kinda down because of the low numbers though. On the other hand, my AFR readings were very conservative (around 11.5 at 155 mph) and the car runs rich and very very safe. Thanks, Jerry!

Any thoughts? thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
A quick update for anyone interested. I did a dyno run at our local dyno shootout for Euro cars yesterday. The dyno is a Mustang dyno in 92 degrees weather (graphs to follow). I also let the car sitting for 45 minutes prior to running it.

I pulled 285 rwhp and 325 rwtq All of my four runs were very consistent within 1-2 rwhp/tq from each other. But the low whp numbers and the significant difference between hp and tq baffle me. I might have to go back to the place where I did my dyno (dynojet) before and see if there's any delta (it was kinda far though).

I know it's pointless to compare dynos and my original intention of running was to check on my AFR, can't help feeling kinda down because of the low numbers though. On the other hand, my AFR readings were very conservative (around 11.5 at 155 mph) and the car runs rich and very very safe. Thanks, Jerry!

Any thoughts? thanks in advance.
Not sure what would account for that Strange
Old 08-03-2011, 06:20 PM

C32, 911 SC
A dyno graph from the run:

Everything looks good to me, it's just the number difference between hp and tq that's kinda threw me off. Any expert opinions?

Last edited by ddtham; 08-03-2011 at 06:23 PM.