C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Modified C32 Intake Manifolds Installed *Pics*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo
Modified C32 Intake Manifolds Installed *Pics*

Hello fellow Mbworld W203'ers This another one of my Informational threads since no one else wanted to share.

Well I'm pretty quiet with what mods I installed on the 32, But since I'm in the mood for sharing I just installed the
NeedWings Modified Intake Manifolds for the C32/SRT6. Link Here: (Click me)

Now I been talking to rob the last couple months about the larger ones, and also provide measurements for it, to see if they would clear...Rob I guess ended up modifing the stock ones to get them to fit for our c32's (Sorry C55 guys)

I also purchased the Modified Intake Y Pipe and had it Teflon/Thermal Coated. (It's yet to be installed since I'll have to take the Supercharger off to get to it which in turn is a PITA.

Installation on these called for the Sl55 intake.... I had the Code 3 Style type intake... So I made it work.
Installing these new intakes was challenging as theres absolutely no room with these new ones to fiddle around with. You will need to retune! but with out the retune, I notice not a whole lot until around 3500rpms..... Then it feels like Vtec (Can I say that ??? ) or Cam kicking in......noticeable difference!

Pictures below along with some brief remarks!

So what you notice first compared to the stock one, is the Intake Manifold Pipe that goes into the Intake Y pipe is completely different and also a whole lot bigger.
Second, the intake Manifold Inlets/Outlets are ported along with the inside, which is noticeable if you hold them up side by side

(Modified on top, Stock is on the Bottom)

(Stock on the left, Modified on the right)

Modfied Intake Manifold Installed on the right, Stock one is on the left

The Car itself.... My sig Picture is super old!

Enjoy guys, Ill make another update once I install the Y Pipe along with getting a retune (Im still on 2009 Eurocharged software)

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-08-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Wow, awesome! I haven't been by Needswings in a while. Definitely have to check these out.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
looking good, and yes it does make power

you able to fit the sl splitter back in?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
They look good. Any pics with the airbox on?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by loungn14

+1, looks good!!

As an aside, did you ever install the Code 3 IC like I did?? Mine has been on since November with 0 issues so far!!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
why do you have to remove the s/c to install the inlet? just remove the t/b and there should be enough room
Old 04-09-2011, 03:11 AM

Volvo
On the C32, Keep in mind doesn't have the space as the SRT6 or SLK32.... To answer everyones questions..

As for the IC no, I havn't tried again but plan to coming up, since I'm taking off the S/C (may do a small port on it... doesn't hurt) Replace S/C fluids, Install Y pipe then probley look at the IC again, but this time, I'm using Cork gaskets for the IC. Then a re-tune!! I am unsure if the SL55 spliter will work... Need to get one first haha
Here's a shot with everything put back together.... I like to keep it looking stock.... I pass smog with no issues!

I am unsure if the SL55 spliter will work... Need to get one first haha

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-09-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
clk500
looks great
how r your AF now with the new set up
Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by loungn14

What kind of power do they make, and are they worth the $700?

OP, is that the C32 airbox?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:16 PM

Volvo
Not sure about the AF, though I do believe im running lean now, due to more air into the system. When I install the Y Pipe, Ill take it in for a tune (Im not really driving it until it's tune..... Makes me nervous until I know its at a good AFR like before, and yes its on the stock c32 airboxes (has greenfilters though)

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-09-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:44 PM

C32, 911 SC
Very cool!

Before and after dyno or comparison would be great if you have it.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
Waste of money, after the supercharger the air is already compressed boosted, if you make larger pipes you get nothing. how you can get more air in the system without modifying the supercharger(pulley). get a pulley and tune instead of that.
i put an 80mm tb on my car and i got nothing in term of hp/tq!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:26 PM

Volvo
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
Waste of money, after the supercharger the air is already compressed boosted, if you make larger pipes you get nothing. how you can get more air in the system without modifying the supercharger(pulley). get a pulley and tune instead of that.
I would do some research before you make that claim bro.... loungn14, The SRT6 and a few others have shown Dyno Proven results. These help the restriction that the stock manifolds have, Doesn't mean its sucking more air, but it can reach its target faster.

An example: http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...32hp-25tq.html (Mods, If im not allow to post this link, please delete it)

Those aren't even the Needwing ones that are ported along with teflon coated.
Many more threads are there as well about it

Also keep In mind, you need to have the approriate tune and mods to take full advantage (your car also has to learn that theres more air flow now and will adjust after a while)

If your here just to bash my thread please stay off, I have no intention of starting a flamewar, (This is an informational thread) If you have hard evidence that these don't provide a benfit, and remain respectful, we would love to hear about it

Cheers!

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-09-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:28 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by OverDrive
I would do some research before you make that claim bro.... loungn14, The SRT6 and a few others have shown Dyno Proven results. These help the restriction that the stock manifolds have, Doesn't mean its sucking more air, but it can reach its target faster.

An example: http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...32hp-25tq.html (Mods, If im not allow to post this link, please delete it)

Those aren't even the Needwing ones that are ported along with teflon coated.
Many more threads are there as well about it

Also keep In mind, you need to have the approriate tune and mods to take full advantage (your car also has to learn that theres more air flow now and will adjust after a while)

If your here just to bash my thread please stay off, I have no intention of starting a flamewar, (This is an informational thread) If you have hard evidence that these don't provide a benfit, and remain respectful, we would love to hear about it

Cheers!
true but I was fully ported and polished, stacked pullies, custom everything and its brother and even gasket matched to the hill!

the sl splitter does more then the mod btw...do that.....
Old 04-09-2011, 05:42 PM

Volvo
Haha thats why I said the magic keywords " you need to have the approriate tune and mods to take full advantage "

But ya, I'll have to try to get the Sl55 spliter then give yall a ring for the retune, I think you have a place here in SF that can do the retune on it... It has a Jerry/Eurocharged custom tune, from a while ago when yall came to the bay area.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:54 AM

C32AMG.335 e92 fbo.protomotive996 gt2
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
+1.by the way highly modded porsche 996 tt from 750hp to 900hp are running the stock 67mm throttle body,so our small SC doesnt need bigger TB and intake manifold.good tuning and cooling with 185mm pulley are the only important mods,all others are waste of money.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:41 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by ali saklaoui
+1.by the way highly modded porsche 996 tt from 750hp to 900hp are running the stock 67mm throttle body,so our small SC doesnt need bigger TB and intake manifold.good tuning and cooling with 185mm pulley are the only important mods,all others are waste of money.
I don't understand what you're talking about. The simple fact is they flow more air. More air + more fuel = more power. Similar setups have been proven over and over again by the crossfire guys who's cars and ingenuity would blow us all away any day of the week.

OP: Good work on pulling the trigger on a mod almost nobody else has
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 AM

C32AMG.335 e92 fbo.protomotive996 gt2
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
I don't understand what you're talking about. The simple fact is they flow more air. More air + more fuel = more power. Similar setups have been proven over and over again by the crossfire guys who's cars and ingenuity would blow us all away any day of the week.

OP: Good work on pulling the trigger on a mod almost nobody else has
first excuse my english,
i agree that more air+fuel =more power,but our SC with 185mm pulley is maxed out and the oem TB and intake manifold are more than enough for the air flow delivered from the SC.The BIGGER INTAKE MANIFOLD can flow more air than the oem but in our cars they dont because the flow of air is already determined by the blower(before manifolds)
Thanks