What's the deal with mb world????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by thepinoc
So technically... if one of your good friends decided to go VIP/herra ferrashu on you, you'd stop talking to them? just wondering, lol

I personally like some stance, but it gets a little over the top when you really lose functionality for the sake of looks.
If you wanna see some herra flush cars, head over to the w203 coupe section, not the amg section. I've seen some ugly cars here, but why make a thread about it like the highly intelligent op has done?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 PM
pww

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
You're telling me that stretching narrow tires over really wide wheels poses no risk? Not just a risk to the driver but to those around him when something fails? Or wheels sitting at ridiculous negative camber? When a component fails because it was never meant to be used in that manner?

I know you could argue that adding massive horsepower to a vehicle makes it unsafe, but you can always drive an 800hp car at normal speeds with all safety measures in place.

I have an opinion, which everyone is entitled to one of their own, and my opinion is that stance and VIP look retarded and I will never accept nor associate with a member of that community.

I'm not gonna say that extremes don't exist, and I personally don't like the VIP/Oni camber look, but I respect the passion and work they put into it. I know a lot of people like you, and there will always be people like you. That's fine. With every car brand/type you get people like this. I don't really have much to say, except that you are definitely exaggerating the dangers of stretching tire. Yes, at a certain point you can have too much stretch. Most people in the scene aren't taking the tire widths to that limit. And many of those cars have plenty of power and drive their cars hard and every day with out problems or posing dangers.

And if you think this looks retarded, so be it. I think its the best a car can look, and I think everyone finds a point between this and pure performance for their cars.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by thepinoc
So technically... if one of your good friends decided to go VIP/herra ferrashu on you, you'd stop talking to them? just wondering, lol

I personally like some stance, but it gets a little over the top when you really lose functionality for the sake of looks.
I can honestly say I don't know anyone who would be in to that "scene".

Originally Posted by pww
I'm not gonna say that extremes don't exist, and I personally don't like the VIP/Oni camber look, but I respect the passion and work they put into it. I know a lot of people like you, and there will always be people like you. That's fine. With every car brand/type you get people like this. I don't really have much to say, except that you are definitely exaggerating the dangers of stretching tire. Yes, at a certain point you can have too much stretch. Most people in the scene aren't taking the tire widths to that limit. And many of those cars have plenty of power and drive their cars hard and every day with out problems or posing dangers.

And if you think this looks retarded, so be it. I think its the best a car can look, and I think everyone finds a point between this and pure performance for their cars.
You know what, I did like that look. I liked it when I used to buy Import Tuner and watched Fast and Furious, when I wanted a sweet Civic SI and when I still rode the bus to school. Then I grew up and my taste became more "refined" I guess.

People like what they like. I don't like that.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Originally Posted by pww
blahblahblahblah

that looks terrible.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you find good looking may be ugly or silly to others, and vice versa. Some people prefer the stock look over any custom look you can think of.
+1
Old 04-25-2011, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
lol got responses now huh lol...go to a kids forum where ramble might get you places...has it ever come to your attention that performance sedans lose alot of their luster by slamming? It should be obvious by your search(if you did that)that slamming isn't something most here careless to do lol
Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by c32used
lol got responses now huh lol...go to a kids forum where ramble might get you places...has it ever come to your attention that performance sedans lose alot of their luster by slamming? It should be obvious by your search(if you did that)that slamming isn't something most here careless to do lol
Go get em Vic!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by c32used
oh shoot it makes the performance worse? i was hoping to cut the springs on my c55 and make it have a 3" clearance so that the aero at 250mph would be much better, but my dreams are now shattered
Old 04-25-2011, 11:36 AM
pww

'05 C55 AMG
You know what, I did like that look. I liked it when I used to buy Import Tuner and watched Fast and Furious, when I wanted a sweet Civic SI and when I still rode the bus to school. Then I grew up and my taste became more "refined" I guess.

People like what they like. I don't like that.

Oh boy can you generalize.

Not to be rude, but is it safe to assume most of you fall under the category of believing that the only wheels that look good are Brabus and OEM reps? Maybe some Carlsson's thrown in there too if you're feeling crazy?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by pww

Oh boy can you generalize.

Not to be rude, but is it safe to assume most of you fall under the category of believing that the only wheels that look good are Brabus and OEM reps? Maybe some Carlsson's thrown in there too if you're feeling crazy?

I'm just bustin' your ***** PWW. You've obviously got more common sense than the half-wit that started this thread. If you like the stance scene that's fine. It's obviously got it's place inside the MB Community, however the AMG crowd probably wants nothing to do with it.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
:locked: in no time!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
pww

'05 C55 AMG
I'm just bustin' your ***** PWW. You've obviously got more common sense than the half-wit that started this thread. If you like the stance scene that's fine. It's obviously got it's place inside the MB Community, however the AMG crowd probably wants nothing to do with it.
Fair enough I understand how it would want nothing to do with it. Hell I don't even want my C55 to be "stanced". I'm running a 255 on a 9.5 and can't wait to go 265 (lost to a kids Impreza by .00x seconds, haven't heard the end of it since.. all thanks to a little tire spin)

If anything I'd be looking to take this route (speaking about tire/wheel and stance strictly) when I do get coilovers.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
I can understand both sides. I have many many friends who are into the VIP scene. They love to slam their cars with gigantic expensive wheels.

Personally, I have nothing against it. Some look nice, while some don't. It's just a style that people prefer.

But that picture of that IS...does no justice to the point you are trying to get across. That is a horrible example of a clean VIP car.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM
pww

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by danlnyclhoe
I can understand both sides. I have many many friends who are into the VIP scene. They love to slam their cars with gigantic expensive wheels.

Personally, I have nothing against it. Some look nice, while some don't. It's just a style that people prefer.

But that picture of that IS...does no justice to the point you are trying to get across. That is a horrible example of a clean VIP car.
I'm not talking about VIP.. there are two parts of the stance scene. VIP is the one I don't particularly like...
Old 04-25-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by pww
Fair enough I understand how it would want nothing to do with it. Hell I don't even want my C55 to be "stanced". I'm running a 255 on a 9.5 and can't wait to go 265 (lost to a kids Impreza by .00x seconds, haven't heard the end of it since.. all thanks to a little tire spin)

If anything I'd be looking to take this route (speaking about tire/wheel and stance strictly) when I do get coilovers.

Looking at the picts above ^^^ I see major issues of 1. Rub and 2. clearance. Again, this is why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors. Except as a pure track car, the one above would not be a feasible DD for my commute. Heck, the front spoiler alone qualifies as a snow plow!! I am not even sure that would be a good track car. And is that rear wing a certified aerodynamic wing?? (many improperly engineered wings can actually increase lift or slow the car).

I am loving the obligatory race car tow hook on the right front and arrow pointing at it . As if this car is really tracked???

Last edited by Newzchspy; 04-25-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Rub and clearance are some issues I encounter while trying to DD my car...yes it is a PITA sometimes, but my satisfaction of not knowing what wheel gap is seems justifiable. CF front lip soon will make DD a real adventure However, I would not consider myself into the VIP or stance scene, I just like my car low...

anyways, this thread sucks.

Last edited by C_DirtyTwo; 04-25-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:27 PM
pww

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
Rub and clearance are some issues I encounter while trying to DD my car...yes it is a PITA sometimes, but my satisfaction of not knowing what wheel gap is seems justifiable. CF front lip soon will make DD a real adventure

anyways, this thread sucks.
I've been debating getting the CF lip after I lower my car... it should make life interesting hahah
Old 04-25-2011, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pww
I'm not talking about VIP.. there are two parts of the stance scene. VIP is the one I don't particularly like...
what's the other part? (honest question lol)

I always thought VIP was one style....I went to a meeting not to long ago and the cars all looked the same. Gigantic wheels with slammed cars + other mods.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sorry but what does PITA stand for?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
sorry but what does PITA stand for?
pain in the a$$
Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 PM
pww

'05 C55 AMG
what's the other part? (honest question lol)

I always thought VIP was one style....I went to a meeting not to long ago and the cars all looked the same. Gigantic wheels with slammed cars + other mods.
That is what VIP is, I'm more into this kind of scene:

Old 04-25-2011, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by jturkel
pain in the a$$
and I thought it was a type of bread???
Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
VIP style is more of the bigger cars, dumped on full face wheels, curtains, tv's. interior made to look like a limo.. Pretty cool when done right with the right car.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by Budget Baller
God you'd hate my rides. I go out of my way to replace after market with OEM. You can call me the Anti Flush.

Now this is HellaFlush...

A Honda/MBZ/BMW.....why didn't I hella think of that.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32
I dunno, I'm actually with the OP in that I flush several times a day.

But that's just how I roll.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's the deal with mb world????