H&R sports springs for 2006 C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 55
H&R sports springs for 2006 C55

Hi Everyone,

I have read all related threads on this topic in this forum. It appears H&R sports springs is best cost-wise. I am doing this purely to minimize the front gap, rear drop is actually perfect for my taste.

I have 52K miles, car is completely stock and daily driver, no suspension issues. I can only afford the springs for now.

I would like to know from other C55 drivers how long before they had to replace shocks as a result of the extra stress the H&R springs put on the shocks. I was advised the shocks will wear much out much faster.

Would I be better off saving for coilovers later?

Thanks in advance. I learn a lot from you guys everyday.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by bebeko2
Hi Everyone,

I have read all related threads on this topic in this forum. It appears H&R sports springs is best cost-wise. I am doing this purely to minimize the front gap, rear drop is actually perfect for my taste.

I have 52K miles, car is completely stock and daily driver, no suspension issues. I can only afford the springs for now.

I would like to know from other C55 drivers how long before they had to replace shocks as a result of the extra stress the H&R springs put on the shocks. I was advised the shocks will wear much out much faster.

i think that if you're doing it for looks (to fill that gap) go for the inexpensive springs. but if you're doing it for performance, go for KW coilovers. or go for cheap coilovers to fill the gap if you're worried about the shocks.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Hi Everyone,

From the info I've gathered on this forum, apparently the C55 dampers are stiffer than the aftermarket alternatives, eg. Bilstein/koni. I'm currently using the C55 dampers and springs on the my C32. The H&R springs aren't the best option for our AMG cars as they share the same H&R springs as the standard W203 models. There are problems with the suspension bottoming out in the front because of the lack of spring travel and the increased weight up front in our cars. I had C55 dampers and H&R springs ready to install. However, after doing some research found out that it was a bad combo. Just keep your current stock setup and save up for coilovers.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
From the info I've gathered on this forum, apparently the C55 dampers are stiffer than the aftermarket alternatives, eg. Bilstein/koni. I'm currently using the C55 dampers and springs on the my C32. The H&R springs aren't the best option for our AMG cars as they share the same H&R springs as the standard W203 models. There are problems with the suspension bottoming out in the front because of the lack of spring travel and the increased weight up front in our cars. I had C55 dampers and H&R springs ready to install. However, after doing some research found out that it was a bad combo. Just keep your current stock setup and save up for coilovers.
Plus one!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Hi Everyone,

If the rear is already perfect for your taste you might want to reconsider going with H&R. Look at some of the W203 before and after pics and particularly note how low the rear is. If you do go with H&R make sure you go with the thickest rear spring pad you can - #4. Or, better yet, go with Renntech or Vogtland for the C55 as they have more of a bias towards lowering the front as opposed to the rear and thus maintain the stock look (just lower).

Last edited by wawy; 08-14-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:28 PM

C 55
Thank you all for the input.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55, 2006 Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel, sold 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins, sold 87 190e-16v, sold 97 e420
Hi Everyone,

Here's another option. Plus size your tires and fit 235's and 275's on the car and the wheel well problem goes away and the car now looks mean. :-)

Trending Topics

Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by kent426
Here's another option. Plus size your tires and fit 235's and 275's on the car and the wheel well problem goes away and the car now looks mean. :-)
I had 285's on the rear and can tell you do not do this unless you wanna rub EVERYWHERE you go even if you're sitting by yourself lol.