C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Will this fit on a 2006 C55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, C55 (Sold)
Exclamation Will this fit on a 2006 C55?

Hey guys.

I need help on this: I went to a tire installation store to change the meats, and guess what? The mechanic parked the car almost on top of a sidewalk, front first. Since the car is a bit low (like any other W203s) the front bumper got a crack. I was witness when the mechanic tried to "fix" the situation pulling the car in reverse and heard the awful sound of plastic grinded against concrete (almost cried).

Anyway, they told me that they pay for the fix if I send them a quote from any body shop. The guys in the shop basically told me that the bumper needs to be replaced.

I saw this one on internet, would it fit in my beloved C55? The idea is to move the other, functional parts into the new bumper (fog lights, grille, etc.)

http://www.ultimatemotorx.net/20meclkw22dr.html
Old 09-21-2011, 02:43 PM
pww

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'05 C55 AMG
If they are paying, just go to a dealer and get a quote?

If they can do the paint and install, use:

http://www.genuinemercedesparts.com/
Old 09-21-2011, 02:51 PM

C63, C55 (Sold)
Yeah I did that, however the mgr of the tire store is a close friend of mine and I wanted to give him options. The OEM is about 1.2k, so I was looking for something else, if possible.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
This guy (https://mbworld.org/forums/members/8...nonball55.html) has a black Brabus C55 front bumper for sale... He is willing to work out a deal too...
Old 09-21-2011, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by LuisC55AMG
Yeah I did that, however the mgr of the tire store is a close friend of mine and I wanted to give him options. The OEM is about 1.2k, so I was looking for something else, if possible.
Have you checked with Gary@Suvneer? Looks like he has comparable prices.

Here is the thread where he's selling the front bumper...

I think his prices have been updated from when the thread was first posted, so you may want to contact him directly. He's pretty quick with responses...
Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 PM

C63, C55 (Sold)
Thanks guys! Wow, those were very quick responses, that is why I love this forum so much
Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Go with OEM if you can...trust me, nothing else will compare in quality.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 PM

'09 SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Go with OEM if you can...trust me, nothing else will compare in quality.
No disrespect meant here, but we're talking about a bumper cover. Clearly, OEM bumper covers crack when you go over curbs or hit other cars.

Do OEM bumper covers have a different plastic that they use that makes it better than any other plastic?

I mean... I always try to go with OEM parts, but this seems like one of those replacements where it shouldn't matter.

Like I said, no disrespect - just wondering if you knew something more...
Old 09-21-2011, 05:09 PM

C63, C55 (Sold)
I was asking me the same question, since I saw also another brand (Extreme dimensions) that is using a polymer called Duraflex. I saw videos where the guys twist the bumper, hit it with big stones and it just stays in the original shape. Zero cracks. That was very interesting.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
Yes, most aftermarket bumpers DO use different plastic. And the fitment of like bumper strips will be no where near as tight.

Don't get me wrong, I have an aftermarket bumper and it looks great, and for the price it was awesome, but it's no where near OEM quality. I had to pay for mine entirely out of pocket, so I needed to keep the cost down. However, if you are not going to pay, I'd recommend going OEM.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:22 PM

'09 SL65 AMG
Yes, most aftermarket bumpers DO use different plastic. And the fitment of like bumper strips will be no where near as tight.

Don't get me wrong, I have an aftermarket bumper and it looks great, and for the price it was awesome, but it's no where near OEM quality. I had to pay for mine entirely out of pocket, so I needed to keep the cost down. However, if you are not going to pay, I'd recommend going OEM.
Well, that's cool. I guess I'm just used to the case where a name brand and competitors use the same stuff, but because of the name/marketing - the name brand always has the better reputation. I'm not necessarily referring to car products.

I was thinking from the angle that he was trying to save his friend that owns the garage some money.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by supernautk
Well, that's cool. I guess I'm just used to the case where a name brand and competitors use the same stuff, but because of the name/marketing - the name brand always has the better reputation. I'm not necessarily referring to car products.

I was thinking from the angle that he was trying to save his friend that owns the garage some money.
Yeah, I can understand that. I mean if he doesn't mind, then sure an aftermarket one will do the job. But I'm not even a super picky person and sometimes it bugs me a little bit.

FYI, the OEM Bumper is made out of polyurethane and many aftermarket ones are made from polypropylene. IMO, polyurethane is softer, thicker and more resistant to rock chips because of that.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 PM

'09 SL65 AMG
Thumbs up

Yeah, I can understand that. I mean if he doesn't mind, then sure an aftermarket one will do the job. But I'm not even a super picky person and sometimes it bugs me a little bit.

FYI, the OEM Bumper is made out of polyurethane and many aftermarket ones are made from polypropylene. IMO, polyurethane is softer, thicker and more resistant to rock chips because of that.
Good to know!