C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

BMW punks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 S420 2006 C55AMG 2002Mustang GT
BMW punks

i figured id put this up to see what you guys have experienced with this and like the name entails. firstly, i love bmws think there nice cars i have nothing against the company and i hope to one day have an m3 or m5 to compliment the AMG. that all being said this morning i had my girl at the car wash and i was washing her.... go figure. these two kids like teenage guys show up in 325is revving their engines and circling the little isalnd were the bays are looking at me. i pay them no mind. so they wash their cars too. afterwards they come around and make sure i see em leaving again then burn out and leave...... punks. reminds me of when i was a kid and thought mustangs were fast. this clientelle of BMW drivers by me just irks me. i really never try to show off the car or try and act like hey look at me. thats why i got a C55 originally. anyways i guess thats my rant but its just so juevenille to me these little kids. i mean revving and burning out leaving a car show is one thing but. saturday morning at a car wash.....is it that small?
Old 09-24-2011, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by AMGnut88
i figured id put this up to see what you guys have experienced with this and like the name entails. firstly, i love bmws think there nice cars i have nothing against the company and i hope to one day have an m3 or m5 to compliment the AMG. that all being said this morning i had my girl at the car wash and i was washing her.... go figure. these two kids like teenage guys show up in 325is revving their engines and circling the little isalnd were the bays are looking at me. i pay them no mind. so they wash their cars too. afterwards they come around and make sure i see em leaving again then burn out and leave...... punks. reminds me of when i was a kid and thought mustangs were fast. this clientelle of BMW drivers by me just irks me. i really never try to show off the car or try and act like hey look at me. thats why i got a C55 originally. anyways i guess thats my rant but its just so juevenille to me these little kids. i mean revving and burning out leaving a car show is one thing but. saturday morning at a car wash.....is it that small?
You just came across some "cool kids". I'm sure this could have happend in any other type of car as well. I know some idiot BMW drivers, but I also know some that are not "punks". As long as your the better person and don't engage in them, your the winner. Anyways, a 5.5 liter V8, would be devistating for their 2.5 liter I6...
Old 09-24-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
... what they need
Old 09-24-2011, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
I dont know what it is.. but the younger kids are just more attracted to buying bmws.

My littlest brother is 18 now and all his rich friends got BMWs bought for them and they think they are in the hottest cars available. Mostly 328s and 335s. They roll around together and the kids all look the same. Designer sunglasses, backwards yankee cap, bling earring, and tapeup. Its very comical.

Id rather it that way; seems like the benz crowd, especially AMG crowd, is more mature and knowlegable about cars in general.

Its funny tho how all the young BMW fanboys talk down benz so hard, yet i feel like the "AMG" letters scare the crap out of them. Maybe its not so much that they really believe they are faster, but because they are just terrified of the thought their PERFECT DRIVING MACHINE losing to AMGS.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by Benzboy13
I dont know what it is.. but the younger kids are just more attracted to buying bmws.

My littlest brother is 18 now and all his rich friends got BMWs bought for them and they think they are in the hottest cars available. Mostly 328s and 335s. They roll around together and the kids all look the same. Designer sunglasses, backwards yankee cap, bling earring, and tapeup. Its very comical.

Id rather it that way; seems like the benz crowd, especially AMG crowd, is more mature and knowlegable about cars in general.

Its funny tho how all the young BMW fanboys talk down benz so hard, yet i feel like the "AMG" letters scare the crap out of them. Maybe its not so much that they really believe they are faster, but because they are just terrified of the thought their PERFECT DRIVING MACHINE losing to AMGS.

"Designer sunglasses, backwards yankee cap, bling earring, and tapeup. Its very comical."

I know EXACTLY what you mean. These kids are hilarious driving their base model 3 series around. Mostly the e46...
Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 PM

E55 AMG, Porsche 911 SC
i can relate. where i'm from the typical BMW driver resembles the 'characters' from the Jersey Shore show. only thing is they're Armenian, not from NJ. haha

god help BMW's image
Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
haha, kids!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
the coolest crowd of drivers besides us in IMO are subaru drivers. they always seem to be chill people. the more performance mods they have, the cooler they become. at least they give you a thumbs up when they get smoked on the highway.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Craigslist 325is and look at the prices. The typical 16 year old kid can work half a summer and buy one. Why should there be any surprise?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
the coolest crowd of drivers besides us in IMO are subaru drivers. they always seem to be chill people. the more performance mods they have, the cooler they become. at least they give you a thumbs up when they get smoked on the highway.
For sure, I couldn't agree more. One of my friends has a sick WRX hatch and he's a pretty down to earth guy.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:02 PM

W203-4M W163
I see teenagers/early 20s driving 3 series all the time, some modded in ridiculous ways, fake M3 badges, moronic exhaust tips etc. And the attitudes are always the same. The only thing you can do is ignore them. Not sure why the BMW is their car of choice (I would think Jason Statham movies with the ubiquitous Audis would attract them more)
Old 09-24-2011, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Another reason why I got a AMG instead of a bmw...
Old 09-24-2011, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Personally, I think it's because BMW is seen as a more "youthful" brand.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:34 AM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
I don't know why this stuff just never seems to happen to me. I've owned my C32 since the end of the Vietnam War I think and no one has so much challenged it to a race...

Anyway, you just got to give 'em a beatdown if they diss on you like that. Nothing else to do.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by boschk
Craigslist 325is and look at the prices. The typical 16 year old kid can work half a summer and buy one. Why should there be any surprise?
yup, we just picked up an 06 325i for my sister's first car. 42k miles and we got it for $14,700
Old 09-25-2011, 07:30 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/

LOL
Old 09-25-2011, 07:06 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
In my experience, most M3 and M5 owners I have come across are, understandably, a bit more mature. The main reason for that is that even the last generation M3 still sells for a pretty penny (they are retaining their values the same, if not better, than the C55) and so your average 16 year old kid can't afford one, and typically older equates to wiser (not always!). As others have indicated, the lower-end and older model BMWs tend to be driven by the younger crowd. However, in Northern Virginia I have noticed an increase in young guys driving the '08 - '10 335i model coupes in particular who tend to drive a bit "showy" for my tastes. I did have one positive experience with a BMW owner when I came out of my gym this past February, the owner of a 2011 M3 had parked right next to me and was unloading his trunk. I threw my gear in the trunk and just said "nice car" and he said "thanks man", which started a conversation. He was in his late 30s and, although he did look like a jersey shore type, he was pretty cool and by no means an a-hole. Again, I think it just comes back to the fact that the young kids driving the cheaper/older BMWs are just too young to really appreciate/understand respect.

Last edited by mrobinso; 09-25-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:12 PM

Mercedes

Hahaha. I just bought a BMW 330i and would never in a million years think it was fast.....bought it for fuel mileage
Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
Originally Posted by Mercs1
Hahaha. I just bought a BMW 330i and would never in a million years think it was fast.....bought it for fuel mileage
Definitely not dissing the car! When I recently got in an accident in my C55 I looked at the 330xi but ultimately decided against it, reading about a number of gremlins that car had... you read about this at all? Mainly basing this on consumer reviews on edmunds.com.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Just traded in the wifes C63 for a 550i 6spd...... very comfo daily driver for the wife and family trips. I can def see the attraction to brand X. I appreciate all types/brands.

I've seen punks in every make/model. I saw some people in suped up e55's driving like a-holes the other week.... weaving in/out of traffic like F1 racing. So it's no brand specific.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 AM

haha, yea the jersey shore types. i felt i handled it best by ignoring them. they probably saw my mark of perfection on my car which is why they felt the need to act a fool. i have respect for all car enthusiats cars at the heart of it its the love of the car or the ride. but that being said i hate ricers. i respect STI and nismo for their engineering prowess but besides that it does nothing for me. personally its apples and oranges with the diffrent german car companies, variety is the spice of life. but i love all the feedback made my day reading this haha.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
I think it's the "i have to prove something" crowd, whether it be BMW, mercedes, or even Honda that give these cars such a bad rep. I don't think it's brand specific, but it's more noticeable on certain brands. We have all done questionable things with our cars, but hopefully it's not something we make a habit of doing.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:31 PM

this is true, at least the kids are driving bmw's better than the kid with the 96 civic the fart can and the primer spoiler thinking the vtec is gonna kick in and own the world.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
lol. i agree with the posts above. i think its just that bmws are known to be the "ultimate driving machine" and to my knowledge, they handle pretty well on the road stock.

most kids 16-18 getting their hands on the e36 and e46 for cheap. no joke. buddy of mind worked for a summer, sold his 240 to get his hands on an e36 m3 for a fairly reasonable price. he turned it into a track car. and this was while he was still in college. i mean, kids with cars are always gonna be kids. they always wanna show off their ride so i usually dont pay them any attention.

however, i will also admit that i used to be that kid before as well. its all about maturity level. something they will learn as they get older. at least its something i did when i grew a bit older. haha
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by betrezra
Just traded in the wifes C63 for a 550i 6spd...... very comfo daily driver for the wife and family trips. I can def see the attraction to brand X. I appreciate all types/brands.

I've seen punks in every make/model. I saw some people in suped up e55's driving like a-holes the other week.... weaving in/out of traffic like F1 racing. So it's no brand specific.
\

NICE!! One of my all time favorite cars. A true sleeper in every sense of the word!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW punks