C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

KLEEMANN Kompressor for C55- $7900!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I don't get too caught up in Dyno numbers....... so easy to put in diff calibration factors to say what you want the customer to see. Not suggesting klee does anything funny.... but very very hard to compare dyno 1 to dyno 2...... even same make.

I was pleased to put down my numbers..... but am even more pleased to put down the real world tq which is getting better each day winter approaches.... hitting low 60's this weekend. Fun FUN.

The real indicator of HP will be Trap Speed.

I used to work with a guy who carried around a print out of his latest dyno-sheet in his shirt pocket at work.. and he would show it to anyone who would listen..... even fine secretaries were getting the "Look at my tq curve" speeelllll ....

{{{{hmmmm kind of like the guy who used his dyno-sheet as an avatar }}}}}}

Last edited by betrezra; 09-29-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
I am very tempted to pull the trigger on this. This price is now in line with the price for a Magnacharger for a Corvette or Camaro. The only thing holding me back now is the question about tuning, I'll probably have to call Brandon and talk to him over the phone. He said the system runs on the stock tune, but every supercharger kit I've ever seen either comes with a handheld tuner or has to have the ECM sent off and tuned. So I'm a little confused about that aspect, even more so since I've never messed with superchargers before. I work on cars every day, so I'm fully capable of installing the system myself otherwise.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Having gone through my dramatic install with one place that did bad work, and then having it re-done at kleemann I learned there are alot of little tricks that do not nec come through in the install manual..... not saying you can't do it..... but things like tapping the waterpump for a bolt/pulley... if done wrong will damage your Water pump, and send your belt tensioner out of alignment..... both of which happended to my car after 1st installer attempt...... tow truck was in order. Cory really installs the kit like it's HIS car.... I could not be happier with mine. Wires loomed like factory, and routed like factory....... all nice and tidey.

regarding the stock tune.... I believe they use your stock computer but use a fuel press regulator to up the fuel pressure on stock injectors. But I'm pretty sure they will put a kleemann tune on your stock computer to get it dialed in. That is the other bennie of having the install performed at klee usa.... they have their hands on your car, drive it, and adjust the tune on the dyno and road to give you a properly tuned product.

All My 2cents worth.

Great guys to work with. I can't say enough about them.

I would not hesitate to send my family members to them.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by betrezra
I don't get too caught up in Dyno numbers....... so easy to put in diff calibration factors to say what you want the customer to see. Not suggesting klee does anything funny.... but very very hard to compare dyno 1 to dyno 2...... even same make.

I was pleased to put down my numbers..... but am even more pleased to put down the real world tq which is getting better each day winter approaches.... hitting low 60's this weekend. Fun FUN.

The real indicator of HP will be Trap Speed.

I used to work with a guy who carried around a print out of his latest dyno-sheet in his shirt pocket at work.. and he would show it to anyone who would listen..... even fine secretaries were getting the "Look at my tq curve" speeelllll ....

I agree. On a DD dyno the operator can set the correction factor to 1.2 and wholla, the car making 400rwhp now makes 480rwhp! If the dyno shop doesn't care about their reputation or the owner/management doesn't know that the operator was bribed. On a DJ, the shop can also mess with the results by manually keying in artifically high weather temps, humidity, density, altitude and have SAE correct it to a artificially higher rwhp/rwtq number also.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
Originally Posted by 91RS
I am very tempted to pull the trigger on this.
Same. Ive been kicking around replacing my car with something different, but this has me thinking twice. What type of power do these add to a bone stock car?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic

Old 09-30-2011, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
who me?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mkonei
Same. Ive been kicking around replacing my car with something different, but this has me thinking twice. What type of power do these add to a bone stock car?
That's the exact reason I'm thinking about doing it. And another reason I need to save the money and install it myself, because I could just sell my car and find an 08 Vette for 30-35k and have 430hp to start with. Brandon told me about 100hp and 100tq with stock primary cats still in place.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
There are quite a few putting down 380-410 at the tires. I'm thinking it's towards 350-380 rwhp with blower only. But still strong.

The 430hp vette is at flywheel.... so you will have to discount to the tires.

I came from an 01Z06 C5 with 350RWHP..... and while it was fun for a while it got old quick for me. Def superior for all out racing over my clk, but riding inches off the ground, shoddy interior, malfunctioning power windows, etc..... drove me away. Now don't get me wrong, if I were to get back into autocrossing again, I'd pick up a used c5 for 12K and have a ball. But for a comfy / FAST / daily driver I'm really enjoying my clk-k.

If you do the install, please post up a built thread. I try to learn all I can about this setup, in case I have to do some r/r myself later.

If you find yourself in Houston, hit me up you can check out my kleemanized beastie.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Please keep this thread below in mind when venturing into adding a blower to a n/a car:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ires-club.html

The low price of entry into the factory blown e55, and the potential on the drag strip along with daily luxury make the e55 a good option.

I stuck with my little clk because it's a little different, and a sleeper.

But you can't ignore the e55's running 11's on street tires
Old 09-30-2011, 11:23 AM

C55 AMG, BMW 535i, Mazda Cx-7, Nissan 240sx
tempting
Ill have to see how much install, tune, and other things are.

I do suppose you have to get an intercooler, IC pump and different airboxes?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
The Kleemann kit comes complete with blower, heat-exchanger, pump, etc.... GL.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are quite a few putting down 380-410 at the tires. I'm thinking it's towards 350-380 rwhp with blower only. But still strong.

The 430hp vette is at flywheel.... so you will have to discount to the tires.

I came from an 01Z06 C5 with 350RWHP..... and while it was fun for a while it got old quick for me. Def superior for all out racing over my clk, but riding inches off the ground, shoddy interior, malfunctioning power windows, etc..... drove me away. Now don't get me wrong, if I were to get back into autocrossing again, I'd pick up a used c5 for 12K and have a ball. But for a comfy / FAST / daily driver I'm really enjoying my clk-k.

If you do the install, please post up a built thread. I try to learn all I can about this setup, in case I have to do some r/r myself later.

If you find yourself in Houston, hit me up you can check out my kleemanized beastie.
That is true, but almost everything for a Vette is half the price. I could buy a completely bolt on exhaust with long tubes, cats, and Corsa mufflers (THE sound for a GM) for $3k. I wouldn't want a C5. I work on Corvettes just about every day and driven quite a few and I'd be happy with a C6. I really don't think the interior is that bad on the C6. I do agree it isn't that great on the C5s, especially now that they have some age on them.

I'm almost certain I'm going to do it though. A Mercedes dealer in Atlanta is a authorized Kleemann dealer and they can do any tuning and/or dyno tuning if necessary. They said the guy that actually does the install/tuning has a 2001 E55 with the Kleemann so he'd know exactly what to do. He said the last one they did was a CLS500 and he thought the labor was about 20 hours so that would be in line with everyone here saying $2-3k for install.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
TOTALLY agree modding/tuning the general is much more economic proposition!!!!! $$/HP way ahead with GM.

We try not to run those comparisons here.... else I need tums.

GL.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

TOTALLY agree modding/tuning the general is much more economic proposition!!!!! $$/HP way ahead with GM.

We try not to run those comparisons here.... else I need tums.

GL.
Yeah, I hear ya there. I've always been a GM fan, but I've been a Benz fan just as long. I really do love this car and I planned on keeping it for a while when I bought it. I think it'll be worth doing because then it will be as fast or faster than most new sports cars.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please keep this thread below in mind when venturing into adding a blower to a n/a car:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ires-club.html

The low price of entry into the factory blown e55, and the potential on the drag strip along with daily luxury make the e55 a good option.

I stuck with my little clk because it's a little different, and a sleeper.

But you can't ignore the e55's running 11's on street tires
You have to weigh the other options with an E55 as well. Mainly a bigger and heavier car but I've been hearing about some pretty costly common problems such as the air suspension going wrong.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by 91RS
You have to weigh the other options with an E55 as well. Mainly a bigger and heavier car but I've been hearing about some pretty costly common problems such as the air suspension going wrong.
An E55 is only good for straight line speed. Not much fun on the twisties. Your C55 can do both (also 4 door practicality) once you bolt on that blower and put some H&R sways on it for around $300 more. Before my engine upgrade and boost increase I was already beating modded E55Ks at Fontana on street tires on more than one occasion. In fact I don't recall losing a race to an E55K ever. Maybe its because of the weight difference or heat soak or maybe I just happen to race against novice drivers or their was some malfunction with their cars at the time.

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-30-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
There are gotcha type costly repairs for the general as well I understand that ecu for the z06 suspension/tc is costly out of warranty.... but I'm sure a lower level of cost vs the MB>

I'd plan to keep $2-5K around if you plan to drive an older amg out of warranty.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGSC
An E55 is only good for straight line speed. Not much fun on the twisties. Your C55 can do both (also 4 door practicality) once you bolt on that blower and put some H&R sways on it for around $300 more. Before my engine upgrade and boost increase I was already beating modded E55Ks at Fontana on street tires on more than one occasion. In fact I don't recall losing a race to an E55K ever. Maybe its because of the weight difference or heat soak or maybe I just happen to race against novice drivers or their was some malfunction with their cars at the time.
I've already got Renntech shocks and springs (lowered a little less than 1"), H&W sway bar in the front, Eibach in the rear, and CLK63 6/4 piston brakes. I wouldn't really be interested in an E55 anyway, too big for my taste.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are gotcha type costly repairs for the general as well I understand that ecu for the z06 suspension/tc is costly out of warranty.... but I'm sure a lower level of cost vs the MB>

I'd plan to keep $2-5K around if you plan to drive an older amg out of warranty.
That is true, but the EBCM doesn't go wrong that often in the C6. I've not seen one in 4 years. I have seen a number go wrong in the C5s though. The module for the real time dampening suspension is a different module though.

I've actually had pretty much all of the common things fixed on my car, which was my plan in buying a CPO car so I had a year of warranty left when I bought it. It only has 41k miles on it now, I don't put tons of miles on my cars. It only had 32k on it when I bought it almost 2 years ago. Also, like I said, I do work on cars for a living so that makes any repairs much cheaper.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
91 - sounds like you already know the answer! Kleemannize Time!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:41 PM

C55 AMG, BMW 535i, Mazda Cx-7, Nissan 240sx
Any kleemann dealer in NYC, If it includes all that nessacery parts, what the hell, might as well
Old 10-13-2011, 02:27 PM

C55 AMG
Trust me on this one..... ship the car to Cory @ Kleeman in Colorado, and have it installed, tuned, and dyno'd by the experts.

There are many imposters in this business, and the outcome will NOT be good if you make the wrong decision on installers. Trust me I know. It cost me 9 mo's of my life and extra hard earned cash to go the wrong route!!!!!!!!!! Please go to Kleemann!!!!!!

Install is $1800-$3000 dep on what you have done..... best to get the quote direct from Kleemann. Trucking one way from Houston to Kleemann was $1200 covered carrier, but there are cheaper solutions..... open carrier is less $700-800. Then you can drive it home for one heck of a road trip.

Good luck!!!

I love my clk-kleemanized machine. I daily drive it now for a few months right through one of the hottest summers on record in Houston..... no cooling issues with AC running in Houston Traffic...... no serious heat soak. And when the cool weather hits... hang-on! My car is more of a beast now in cool 68 deg mornings. I can't wait for 40-50 deg weather!

GL.
I couldn't co-sign this statement more highly if I wrote it myself. And just like Betrezra, I am speaking from "First Hand Experience"!!!!