Eurocharged dual intakes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Originally Posted by BLKC55UPT
Macbryanie....
definitely not a dud...the pics that 320dreamer are the DUD!!!!
search the forum you'll see that the ones that fit the cross fire don't fit our cars...And the pic that dreamer posted is that intake...needswings emailed me that pic macbrt
Fair enough....If that is what they sent then that is what they are...So are the needswings around $400 as well?, Evosport SL55 is at $400, SL55 at approx $370 (parts.com) and eurocharged is unconfirmed. They all have approxiamately the same gains...I am just after some more intake once eurocharged 65mm is in effect.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by splinter
Isn't that a very old thread about the intake Jerry was making when he had LET??? I still use his original intake that he made (I think about 10 of them?)
Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged dual intakes!-c32-engine-mods.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
Macbryanie....
definitely not a dud...the pics that 320dreamer are the DUD!!!!
search the forum you'll see that the ones that fit the cross fire don't fit our cars...And the pic that dreamer posted is that intake...needswings emailed me that pic macbrt
there arent any c32 intakes for sale at the needswings site. mine are true n/w dual cai and i never said they would fit. simply saying the pics you posted werent n/w intakes. looks like 50$ worth of tubing, a sl55 y pipe and a couple filters. not robs style. i will show this to rob this weekend and get his input. the cost of the n/w dual cai is 799$
Old 09-29-2011, 01:47 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Talked to Jerry from Eurocharged months ago, he said the CAI's are no longer being made because his jig is broken.

Talked to Rob at needswings, the C32 intake kit is NOT the same as the SRT ones offered on their website. They do make custom C32 dual intakes, but they aren't pretty. They have rubber hoses combined with metal piping. Brackets are extra $$ otherwise they are attached with zip ties. It's not listed on their site, but they will make it for you if you request it. Ask Rob to send you some pics. I'm considering this kit. Eurocharged intakes are no go for sure. Doesn't look like the Eurocharged ones will be made again any time soon.

Bry
Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
$799 for an intake. Wow, thats just a little too much. Its just some mandrel bents piping with K&N filters. The only thing hard to replicate would be the splitter.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:26 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
$799 for an intake. Wow, thats just a little too much. Its just some mandrel bents piping with K&N filters. The only thing hard to replicate would be the splitter.
agreed. There's also very minimal bending required. The needswings intake is much more resonably priced. If you know a good fab shop and don't need mandreal bends, fabbing an intake would be really cheap assuming you already had the upgraded splitter.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
theres more to it. teflon coating costs $ and the y pipes are custom made. add filters 90* bends and the drivers side reducer, mandrel bends and the outside powdercoating and the cost adds up. he also has to make a profit. add the fact they flow at over 700 cfm and you have a high end very well built hp adding intake. everything else is just second place . there have been a bunch of folks who have repicated the idea but nobody has charted the flow robs intakes have.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I bought Dreamers Eurocharged intake without the filters and fabbed them a little to make this setup. It works great and contrary to popular opinion i dont get much heat soak unless the temps are well over 90 degrees in which case I had heat soak with the stock setup as well. Check it out https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...questions.html

I also got a price of $85 for teflon coating from Needswings and I'm working on taking the front air dam out and customizing a cold ram air type for the front of the car out or sheet metal.

Last edited by JUAN CASAUS; 09-29-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Banned

2002 C32 AMG alabaster white
so i guess i will be "settling" on the needswings intakes...if jerry's tools are broke!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by macbryanie
splinter; Thank you. I never saw this thread before. I saw you were on the original order list. Could you share any feedback of the intake. I contacted eurocharged a couple of weeks ago regarding intake and was advised of no options, needswings the same. Was seriously considering the evosport. If the production goes ahead again of this intake; count me in. Looks clean and the replacement of the filters is easy.
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Isn't that a very old thread about the intake Jerry was making when he had LET??? I still use his original intake that he made (I think about 10 of them?)
Took another route than Jerry and Erick’s intake prior to actually taking delivery.

Still have (what I believe to be) LET’s first production heat exchanger and shorty exhaust manifolds fitted though.
They're holding up and performing nicely. :y
Old 09-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

2002 C32 AMG alabaster white
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
thats not a needswings setup. homemade maybe but no way a needswings. this is the real deal!!! btw the e/c setup can be built for about 75$ from any muffler shop. i had a set and gave them away for 100$ or so
addeda pic of the real needswings. they teflon coated on the inside and mandrel bent. the dual y pipe is custom made and theres a place for the brake booster tube. filters are k&n
How did you make it look like that?
I want those exact ones, PLEASE divuldge into what you did, they look sweet. PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
How did you make it look like that?
I want those exact ones, PLEASE divuldge into what you did, they look sweet. PLEASE!!!!!!
it was the easiest mod so far.. sent 625$ to a member for his dual cai and installed them on my car!! its a perfect fit for the slk32