55K Kompressor and AEM F/IC 8 Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 HSV Grange, 2005 AMG C55
Cool 55K Kompressor and AEM F/IC 8 Installation

Kompressor Installation

As the title states, I've decided to go down the s/c path, as opposed to a rear-mount turbo setup or the like. I do like the C55, but it's starting to feel slow :P

I have purchased the kompressor already, and it should be here in 2-3 weeks max. Thankfully the blower unit is complete with tanks, tb, bypass tb, injectors w/rail, and the oem pulley is also included.
I did, however, forget about a few items required for this install; the s/c tensioner, and s/c idler pulley. I priced these two items up at my local MB dealer.... $1050 for the tensioner, and $1450 for the idler FML. A few online parts stores have them for around the $300.00 mark, so it seems that's the way I'll be going (if anyone knows where I can get these particular items other than the dealer feel free to pm me).

All that aside, I have the 26x7x2 HE from frozenboost, along with a pump to suit. The HE looks fairly chunky, I would have preferred a 3.5" unit but It won't fit without serious modification!

(I will be adding pics when i get home from work!!)

AEM F/IC 8 Install

I picked the F/IC due to it's well known compatibility with late model OBDII vehicles, and mainly because in Aus there is no one capable of flash tuning the mercedes. In theory, the aem should be perfect for this scenario, with built in o2 skewing and full fuel control I should be able to keep the OE ecu's fuel trims to a minimum! (I hope :P )

Using Star Finder I was able acquire a full schematic of the C55 ecu - right down to the colour coding on the wires. The wiring will be complete by the end of the week hopefully if I'm not too busy. But I'm kind of stuck on finding a safe spot to mount the aem ecu! keeping in mind the harness is only 18 or 20" in length

- Once again, I will be putting up pics tonight to better explain the progress.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
There was a member that installed a 55k supercharger and he made a beast of an engine. He still posts on the forum and he may be able to provide you with assistance if you need help. Check out the thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-complete.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...it-thread.html
Old 11-23-2011, 06:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Thumbs up

Damn,

Lucky you I can't wait to retro fit the E55 engine on my car... 6 more months to wait

Good luck in your project VATH told me the ECU to adapt was a big mess.

I test drove a C55 amg with the AMG kompressor the other day and it's insane don't want the C63 anymore
Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 HSV Grange, 2005 AMG C55
Sorry about letting this thread die, my friend borrowed my car a month or so ago... and she totalled it!

So, apparently there was $10k+ damage just to the suspension alone... Seeing as i have all the bolt-ons still, I'd be keen to find another clean C55 to keep the project going

Will keep this updated as soon as i get a replacement amg!