C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

SMG M3 vs. C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
LOL, blah, blah, blah. Quote all the magazine times you want. I have raced M3's numerous times, on the road, on the highway, and even with my Fiancee driving my car, and it's always the same result, M3 in the rearview mirror..............They have nice front air dams though
Old 07-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Almost a Member!

C32
Ha, ha, ha!

Yes I agree with ChrisC32... isn't THAT what REALLY counts???

I love the astonished look on the face when an M3 owner realizes that the 4-door is still pulling right beside them (or better)

Now, if only I could find an M3 for lunch... everytime I see one lately they're going the other direction

Last edited by NT WORK; 07-03-2003 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:30 AM

BMW Z4 M Roadster
Originally posted by ChrisC32
LOL, blah, blah, blah. Quote all the magazine times you want. I have raced M3's numerous times, on the road, on the highway, and even with my Fiancee driving my car, and it's always the same result, M3 in the rearview mirror..............They have nice front air dams though
Simply ridicule
Old 07-03-2003, 10:31 AM

BMW Z4 M Roadster
Originally posted by AlpharettaC32
Was this at all affected by the loose steering/suspension that the C32 apparently had?

Naah, probably not.:o

You know it's funny...M3 or S4 owners come over here all the time wanting to compare their car in one way or the other, but you don't see AMG owners going off and doing the same in a comparable percentage at all.

So is that M3/S4 owners have a glaring lack of self-confidence or just that you're overcompensating for shortcomings in other departments?

Or to be serious..here's a question for you:

If you say that the C32 does 0-60 in 6.3, why does track challenge have one that does it in 5.5? Couldn't be that you're talking out of school, is it?

Best of luck with your engine not exploding!
No, the first is Quattroruote, the second is www.track-challenge.com
Old 07-03-2003, 11:04 AM

Reality check time!

I owned an M3 and an M5 at the same time. The M3 was a piece of crap as a daily driver and more suited for a track with shorter straightaways. Over 95 mph is was impotent. My current E500 hits the same speed as my M3 did when I go the wot at 50 mph over a pre measured distance. I sold the M3 after 6 months and one towing and numerous whines, rattles, etc.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:10 AM

2003 C32
Originally posted by Gabri343
No, the first is Quattroruote, the second is www.track-challenge.com
Okay, then maybe you can answer the other question of whether the C32 was affected by the stabilizer (suspension/steering) play that is noted on Track-Challenge?

As for "Quattroruote", any magazine that can't get a C32 to 60 in less than 6.3 seconds is either written by the blind or the stupid. I leave it to you to determine which is correct.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:40 PM

BMW Z4 M Roadster
Old 07-03-2003, 02:47 PM

BMW Z4 M Roadster
Old 07-03-2003, 02:51 PM

BMW Z4 M Roadster
Result:
1. Audi: Very good V8 engine and very good riding quality is making the norm in this class of topclass sport sedans. But more comfort would fit better here. The manual transmission
is not as good as the BMW one.

2. Mercedes: With automatic transmission and comfortable chassis the C 32 is not representing the uncompromising sporty vehicle like the other competitors. The only deficit that makes it get the second place is the high consumption. For large distances the C 32 is the first choice!

3. BMW: A very good sport sedan - very fast, very loud, very hard (chassis). It needs less fuel than the other competitors but the high fixed costs foil this advantage. For long rides the BMW chassis is too hard and the endine is too loud above 5000 rpm. This car is more for the track - not for the streets
Old 07-03-2003, 03:12 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Originally posted by Gabri343
Result:
1. Audi: Very good V8 engine and very good riding quality is making the norm in this class of topclass sport sedans. But more comfort would fit better here. The manual transmission
is not as good as the BMW one.

2. Mercedes: With automatic transmission and comfortable chassis the C 32 is not representing the uncompromising sporty vehicle like the other competitors. The only deficit that makes it get the second place is the high consumption. For large distances the C 32 is the first choice!

3. BMW: A very good sport sedan - very fast, very loud, very hard (chassis). It needs less fuel than the other competitors but the high fixed costs foil this advantage. For long rides the BMW chassis is too hard and the endine is too loud above 5000 rpm. This car is more for the track - not for the streets
The last sentence is the most relevant. The Bimmer is more for the track. Unfortunately, as we tried to tell AmgBoy, 99% of the owners drive their cars on the streets. That's where the C32 shines - in the real world.

Furthermore, if they conducted these tests on normal roads with normal drivers and without dropping clutches, the results would be way different. Hey, the other day I dusted an M5. I bet it's because the guy couldn't launch and shift like the pros. The magazines say I should have lost, but I didn't. Afterwards, I was right back to comfortable cruising on my way up to Boston. For many people, the C32 is the best of both worlds and the best in the REAL world.

They're all nice cars. Why do you go on and on about this? Are you trying to justify your purchase? My advice to you: forget the magazines and the competitiveness and enjoy your car. Be happy with your car for your own reasons.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:33 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Unfortunately, if you were to race a SMG-M3, you would not beat it.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:57 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Originally posted by Thai
Unfortunately, if you were to race a SMG-M3, you would not beat it.
You guys just can't stop can you? I said they were all nice cars and that they are all very close in performance. So close that reaction time, outside temp, tire selection, traction, whether the SMG guy wants to drop his clutch in "launch mode," etc. will dictate who beats who. Stop reading the magazines! Enter the real world.

Why don't you 1) get a SMG M3 first and 2) drive to NY and we can sort it out then. Until then I'd avoid taking such a definitive postition.

Regardless, they are two different cars. I will take the C32 anyday over the M3 because I want more than a track car.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Banned

2003 BMW M3
Hey blando, you sure do talk a lot of smack for such a bland boy. You think your little C32 is better than my M3? You wish son, you wish. You might think "hey, atleast it doesn't drive like a friggen track car." Well, if you had that kind of lame excuse, what kind of enthusiast are you? I own one and that's the lamest insult I have ever heard. You might have a slightly more "comfortable" ride but hey, ATLEAST I CAN SHIFT FOR MYSELF! No thanks to slushboxes.

I bet I get more chicks than you too. Girls love manual trannies. If you want an automatic, get a Civic or something.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:30 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
The real world?? Didn't that video at the beginning of this thread good enough??

SMG M3 gives you a consistent launch everytime...and it's easy to do. So, there's no messing up of anything...there's no "clutch drop".
Old 07-03-2003, 07:14 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Originally posted by BEn xD
Hey blando, you sure do talk a lot of smack for such a bland boy. You think your little C32 is better than my M3? You wish son, you wish. You might think "hey, atleast it doesn't drive like a friggen track car." Well, if you had that kind of lame excuse, what kind of enthusiast are you? I own one and that's the lamest insult I have ever heard. You might have a slightly more "comfortable" ride but hey, ATLEAST I CAN SHIFT FOR MYSELF! No thanks to slushboxes.

I bet I get more chicks than you too. Girls love manual trannies. If you want an automatic, get a Civic or something.
I have said they are all nice cars. I have said to each their own. Bottom line is that we all buy these cars for our own reasons. I already own and have owned numerous sports cars with MTs. I wanted a sporty four door auto for the stop and go around the city and for the long rides. And I definitely don't need a car to "get more chicks." I 've done just fine in that department on my own.

In terms of talking smack, read the thread again. I have been polite, direct and concise. My only issue was with the guy who was talking on "your" behalf (you being an actual M3 owner.) I never said my car was better than yours. I stated my preference. My opinion. In fact, I went to great lengths to say they're all great cars. If I wanted to talk smack, I'd invite you to visit me in NYC and do it to your face. I don't play the hide behind the keyboard game.

Lastly, we didn't start this thread and we don't troll your boards with this BS. Let's say this is a waste of time and leave it at that.

Last edited by blando; 07-03-2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
.....You think your little C32 is better than my M3? You wish son, you wish.....
Let me stressed this first, BEn xD, there is absolutely no hard feelings or insult to you or your car. I am commenting this only because I found your comment pretty funny....

Its a MB forum, no matter how neutral we are, we are still biased. Its a fact that we cant deny. For you to come to our forum and say "you wish your C32 is better than a M3" is pretty silly. Of course we think our car is GOOD (well, it might not be BETTER 'cause no one really cares), otherwise, we wouldnt have bought it. Imagine what would you react if we start to come to the Bimmers forums and say "our C32 is better than your little M3"??? Who in the world would ADMIT "oh, I just spent 60K on a car and I hated it!"

Please allow me to make an assumption: a M3 and a C32 at a traffic light, green light goes, the C32 beat the M3. Then the M3 driver says to her girl: "I lost because I havent mastered the gearbox well enough and I mis-shifted". Do you think your girl will symphazise you or do you think she will be talking to herself "yeah, right, sure....."?? Maybe a stick-shift will pick up more girls, but whats good if the guy cant shift? (I am only referring to the majority of those "untrained everyday drivers".)

Just enjoy your "self acclaimed" better M3.

Last edited by Harris; 07-03-2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:55 PM

2002 C-32 AMG Renntech
Weak, if you need a car to get a chick your game is lame...what a loser post

Old 07-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Benz
Hmmm... Interesting points here..... I have an avi video that shows my 97 Camry "beating" my friend's E46 M3 in launch. Maybe I should post it on the net to tell the world that my *ONE* video file is proof enough that the Camry is faster than a M3....
Old 07-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Almost a Member!

C32
Originally posted by Thai

SMG M3 gives you a consistent launch everytime...and it's easy to do. So, there's no messing up of anything...there's no "clutch drop".
Hey Thai... I was looking for an "auto" type for my wife to drive too and heard people were having issues with SMG from a friend at my BMW dealer. So I steered away from it, went with the C32 instead (obviously). Just noticed this post on bimmer.org about real owners having that issue that you might want to consider...

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...3514103&page=1

I liked both cars... but this had me concerned.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:34 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Ben Xd and Thai just cracks me up with their hilarious post shows how mature they are...

I'm not even gonna bother to argue with THAI because appearantly he only knows how to drive a M3 with a magazine.

One of my best friend drives a jet blk E46 M3 SMG. He let me drove his car and I let him drove mine. We talked about how we like and dislike each car, and we both go home happy.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:51 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
BTW, it's annoying when one of us C32 owner is trying to prove that the C32 is better than the M3. It's just as annoying when one of the M3 owner try to prove that the M3 is better. SHUT UP already.

btw, if you have the time to argue, go read every magazine or car tv show test that involves M3 and C32. I'm sure you'll be surpriced how different magazine has different opinion.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Banned

2003 BMW M3
Originally posted by FrankW
Ben Xd and Thai just cracks me up with their hilarious post shows how mature they are...

I'm not even gonna bother to argue with THAI because appearantly he only knows how to drive a M3 with a magazine.

One of my best friend drives a jet blk E46 M3 SMG. He let me drove his car and I let him drove mine. We talked about how we like and dislike each car, and we both go home happy.
Your post is quite hilarious. Someone who implies that another person is "immature" should atleast have some decent grammar, correct? I see that you live in Diamond Bar. See you around.

On the matter of the manual and the SLUSHBOX...
I have yet to come across an M3 owner that couldn't shift properly. Heck, I'm 15 and I can shift decently well. A M3 owner that can't shift? Not likely. You'll tear up the clutch in a day or two... and then you'll become a C32 owner.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
.....On the matter of the manual and the SLUSHBOX...
I have yet to come across an M3 owner that couldn't shift properly. Heck, I'm 15 and I can shift decently well. A M3 owner that can't shift? Not likely. You'll tear up the clutch in a day or two... and then you'll become a C32 owner.
If you're only 15 and think you know everything....I feel very sorry for you. I am VERY sure you will come across A LOT of people who dont know how to shift "PROFESSIONALLY" in the years to come. Its those who can shift "PROFESIONALLY" that can have a SLIGHT chance of beating a C32.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:13 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Your post is quite hilarious. Someone who implies that another person is "immature" should atleast have some decent grammar, correct? I see that you live in Diamond Bar. See you around.

On the matter of the manual and the SLUSHBOX...
oh, I'm sorry, me bad Engrich.... me fob....are you happy now, kid.

hmm, what did I do when i was 15? Ah, yes, I was hoping I'd be 16, so I can get the license. So, you are driving around without someone 21 and older next to you? I better only see you when you are on the way to school because that's the only thing your permit allows you to do.

edit: hopefuly you won't get your license suspended like someone from DB high with a M-roadster. oh yeah, suspended by the PARENTS btw.

Last edited by FrankW; 07-03-2003 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:02 AM

15 puahahaha...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SMG M3 vs. C32 AMG