C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

SMG M3 vs. C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes G500 Black
NT WORK, if you read further on that link, you will that it's just a matter of closing the hood tight! It's NOT a mechanical failure.

A lot of owners have this problem because they forget to close the hood tight. Then the SMG gear indicator would blink. It's just a safety precaution from BMW.

Why would that post make you concern?? The solution is right there! The original poster even admitted that the hood was the problem. I don't see where the concern is.

SMG is as reliable as a 6-speed manual tranny. Yeah, there MAY be cases of failure...but certainly no more than an automatic transmission (which is way more complicated). SMG uses the same parts and clutch as the normal M3 with 6MT. Automatic mode on SMG kinda sucks...but it's good when you need to answer cell phone. Most owners use the Sequential mode all the time (as do i).

BTW, to everyone here, i do own (not lease) a '03 BMW M3 SMG. And yes, i do know how to use launch control. And, yes, i do have a decent education, probably on par with everyone here. I am just here learning about your car (just to get a better idea of what i am up against...kinda like stalking the "enemy") . I only jump in when you guys claim that you guys can blow an M3 away (which i doubt for obvious reason).

Thanks.

Last edited by Thai; 07-04-2003 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:14 AM

2003 C32
Originally posted by Thai
I only jump in when you guys claim that you guys can blow an M3 away (which i doubt for obvious reason).
Yes, because that quote comes on unannounced all the time. Instead of using this forum to ask questions about our cars, monitor performance upgrades, or just have a sense of community, we're over here whipping out our internet dicks talking about how we own R/S4s and E46 M3s all the time. We definitely DON'T wait until an S4 or M3 owner comes over, in the spirit of cooperation and car admiration, talks about how all our cars are great and we should appreciate them. Nope, we're here just posting pictures of our timeslips and great stories of how I beat an E46 by 3 seconds in the quarter mile.

That's sarcasm, by the way. I explain that because it's a big word that some 15 year olds (for some M3 posters, not you specifically) haven't come across it yet.

You can keep lurking all you want to come in and "correct" us. The old joke applies:

"Did you know that every new BMW comes with a coupon to visit a proctologist?"

"Why's that?"

"So that we can figure out what exactly is up your ***."
Old 07-04-2003, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by BEn xD
Hey blando, you sure do talk a lot of smack for such a bland boy. You think your little C32 is better than my M3? You wish son, you wish. You might think "hey, atleast it doesn't drive like a friggen track car." Well, if you had that kind of lame excuse, what kind of enthusiast are you? I own one and that's the lamest insult I have ever heard. You might have a slightly more "comfortable" ride but hey, ATLEAST I CAN SHIFT FOR MYSELF! No thanks to slushboxes.

I bet I get more chicks than you too. Girls love manual trannies. If you want an automatic, get a Civic or something.
Thai Pad Prik & Ben Bull****

Two jerks with intellects rivaled only by garden tools.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:51 PM

Read sig
my brother has a SMG M3...and usually we run into C32's and then it gets to the line. It seems both of the cars are dead even
Old 07-04-2003, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your post is quite hilarious. Someone who implies that another person is "immature" should atleast have some decent grammar, correct? I see that you live in Diamond Bar. See you around.

On the matter of the manual and the SLUSHBOX...
I have yet to come across an M3 owner that couldn't shift properly. Heck, I'm 15 and I can shift decently well. A M3 owner that can't shift? Not likely. You'll tear up the clutch in a day or two... and then you'll become a C32 owner.
15??? That explains the maturity level very well

P.S. Hope the CHP give you a nice welcome for driving without a license soon.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:09 AM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Originally posted by Marko
Thai Pad Prik & Ben Bull****

Two jerks with intellects rivaled only by garden tools.
Hmm, shows a lot of maturity!
Old 07-05-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by Thai
Hmm, shows a lot of maturity!
Hmmmm, file that one under "pot calling the kettle black".
Old 07-05-2003, 12:51 PM

Someone End this thread.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I bet I get more chicks than you too. Girls love manual trannies. If you want an automatic, get a Civic or something.

Old 07-05-2003, 07:31 PM

Yeah its the kids on this forum that start all the thread wars. Manual,Automatic Or Paddle Style Gear Box's, its there choice of what they want if you dont like it thats your opinion. But dont try to change others minds on what you think is right it will just cause arguments.

Someone should lock the thread from further disscussion.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Hehe you obviously get no dates, because if you ACTUALLY are attracting girls, you'd realize that manual/automatic makes abso*******glutely no goddamn difference whether she wants to sleep with you or ditch you.

Unless you've been hiring call girls or something, and all they're after is your $.

What a complete moron. Why don't you make love to your car and jack off to it.

Your comment is as assinine as a chick saying she gets more guys because she carries Gucci bags instead of LV bags.

You have been 0WN3D!!!!!!!! Now deal with it and get a real life! No offense.

Last edited by oggle; 07-06-2003 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And now this thread will be owned...

There is nothing wrong with debates, but please try and keep them civil! If you don't have a C32, and you come to this forum, expect C32 owners to defend their purchase. You would do the same on a forum for your car, right?

Regardless, these endless debates are absolutely ridiculous! It quickly loses the top of C32 vs "whatever" car, and almost always turns into pointless name calling.

This thread is closed. Feel free to debate in the future, but KEEP IT CIVIL!