C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Audio Question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Audio Question!

So I was reading this thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...layer-etc.html) as to find a solution to be able to play music from my iPhone with an aux cable. I took a look in my glove box and it has that little punch out hole. But before i get to taking the thing apart and ordering parts, I wanted to know if this is possible in an 03 c32 amg.

My car has the stock deck, with no command. No nav or anything. Just the cd, tape, tel, and radio buttons. As i was reading this thread, it was brought to the attention that you need a CDC button, which I do not see/have. I searched the thread further and saw that you could hold down the CD button for 5 seconds and it should bring up an Aux. Tried, didn't work.

So basically I guess my question was: is this possible for my car?
If not, what are the solutions I have here. Don't really want an FM transmitter or a tape deck aux, I like the clean look.

Thanks guys, sorry if this was already gone over.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
i'm pretty sure you can't just plug in a cable to the back of your factory radio and have an aux. why don't you just do an aftermarket HU with an AUX. in the front and USB? the dash kits look really good for that car.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:51 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Have a look at my writeup- 1st link in my signature. Factory headunits are terrible even most new ones.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
that was an awesome write up tw2. what i meant when i said that the fuse holder you were using and power wire you were using were crap was that they were really cheap and of low quality, but hey as long as it works right.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:17 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Just for my own knowledge, what shows that they are crap? specifically the power wire?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Aftermarket it is!
Your diy was very helpful, found myself a project to do this weekend.
Thanks for the info guys.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by tw2
Just for my own knowledge, what shows that they are crap? specifically the power wire?
i notice that those style fuse holders melt a lot. they never seem to get current to pass through efficiently. the power wire looks like an off brand piece because i have never seen a good green one before used by a reputable brand, but we'll leave it at that since i noticed you're in a different country, different market. i'd have to see what brand it is and the ends of the wire to really determine the copper value inside.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:16 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by uzi67
Aftermarket it is!
Your diy was very helpful, found myself a project to do this weekend.
Thanks for the info guys.
Thanks. Just take note that I did not have BOSE. If you have BOSE you can still follow my instructions mostly but you need to either do what marcus did (link in writeup) or rewire car slightly and change speakers.

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
i notice that those style fuse holders melt a lot. they never seem to get current to pass through efficiently. the power wire looks like an off brand piece because i have never seen a good green one before used by a reputable brand, but we'll leave it at that since i noticed you're in a different country, different market. i'd have to see what brand it is and the ends of the wire to really determine the copper value inside.
I was just curious. At the end of the day, average stuff is completely adequate for my purposes. The cable is fusion car audio http://www.fusionelectronics.com/
Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
With Bose you can use the factory speakers and speaker wire. You just need to use an amp that can handle a 2ohm load. Did it with mine until I changed out the speakers.