C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Good Low-dust Brake Pads....EBC Red Stuff?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 E63 Estate | 09 & 10 Rx8 R3
Oh and no squeaking either... I did OE pads and rotors in the front myself. No problems whatsoever.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gl 450 r350
EBC Brake Failure

2007 GL 450
I loved my EBC red stuff brakes until last weekend when the right front EBC Red stuff pad delaminated from the steel back plate. The pad was still over ¼ inch thick. I was going 75 mph on Interstate 35 when I step on the brakes and the pedal went to the floor. Upon removal of the left side pad. I bumped the pad on the caliper, and the right side pad came loose from the steel plate as well. I have emailed the manufacture to see if these pads where defective, of they can only handle so many heat cycles before they should be replaced?
Old 03-21-2014, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
i have EBC RedStuff pads on all 3 of my benz's, front and rear, and i will never use anything else. i had Akebono's and my EBC RedStuff outlasted, outperformed, and are also a nice little aesthetic touch (the red looks good on my red c280, and match my red brakes on my C63 AMG perfect..i took the Akebono's off after about 3k miles and put on the EBC Redstuff and i have NEVER had a problem with them at all EVER. very very low brake dust, AMAZING bite, and wear life is fantastic. idk if some of you other guys have had problems with them, but i have them on all 3 of my Benz's as well as EBC red rotors and pads on my bike 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R SE ( The white/red/black with carbon fiber EVERYTHING with the slipper clutch, quick shifter, Ohlins TTX fully adjustable rear shock and NIX30 fully adjustable inverted forks.. not the white/blue POS =P ) and i love them. EBC Redstuff pads are amazing. people dont realize that they have a specific break in period pad coating, so yes for the first like two or three days its gonna feel a little weird if you arnt used to them. they do however heat up very fast, and once they heat up, they are incredible pads. ill never go back to anything else. EBC products are incredible and i am a life long customer for sure. i fully stand behind their products 1000000000%

Just my .02 cents