Sprintbooster mounting ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:53 AM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Multiple
Sprintbooster mounting ideas

Hi Folks,
I just ordered a sprintbooster gen II with the remote throttle map toggle. Anyone that installed one have any suggestions for mounting it neatly/seamlessly? I was thinking of running the wire under the dash and sticky-taping the remote near the ignition key, but open to ideas.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
(RHD car)Mine is tucked almost under the dash to the passenger side - just left of the steering column. Only see it when you tilt your head abit (eg:like looking at the foot brake). Clear from leg rubbing when climbing in and out etc. It stays on green always but recently it seems to have a mind of its own (last couple of months) changes to red on occasion and almost always when I stamp it. Had it for 10months I think. But love it all the same.It is a gen2.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
Hi Folks,
I just ordered a sprintbooster gen II with the remote throttle map toggle. Anyone that installed one have any suggestions for mounting it neatly/seamlessly? I was thinking of running the wire under the dash and sticky-taping the remote near the ignition key, but open to ideas.

FYI, don't do it to make your car faster because it doesnt!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Multiple
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]

FYI, don't do it to make your car faster because it doesnt!!!
Of course. Fully aware of all the literature about what it does and it doesn't. I think of it as just a throttle map, similar to the "sport" mode button on my old M3 or many cars these days.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
After living with a SBII, have you guys found its important to be able to switch modes, or do you keep it in green (or red) and mount it on the passenger side like macbryanie? Does switching modes to C or S still change the cars character? I have no experience with one and am thinking about getting one (know its not a power gainer etc etc). ...just the jumpy/hesitant throttle needs to be more progressive.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Multiple
Originally Posted by ghiaguy
After living with a SBII, have you guys found its important to be able to switch modes, or do you keep it in green (or red) and mount it on the passenger side like macbryanie? Does switching modes to C or S still change the cars character? I have no experience with one and am thinking about getting one (know its not a power gainer etc etc). ...just the jumpy/hesitant throttle needs to be more progressive.
I have only had it on for a week or so, but it is exactly as advertised and I love it so far. Downshifts are so quick and smooth, not as abrupt as before. Worth it, in my book. Ordered it from sprintbooster.us and it arrived in 2 days.

I leave it in sport mode (green) and hid the remote under the carpet near the center console. It was a lot easier than figuring out some permanent mounting system that has to come off when I trade the car in.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
Great! Thanks for the prompt reply- I think I'm going to have to bite. There was an ebay vendor selling for $260 shipped, but now I don't see that anymore... Snooze you lose i guess. Did you buy the AMG one or '00-'07 all MBZ one?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM

Multiple
Originally Posted by ghiaguy
Great! Thanks for the prompt reply- I think I'm going to have to bite. There was an ebay vendor selling for $260 shipped, but now I don't see that anymore... Snooze you lose i guess. Did you buy the AMG one or '00-'07 all MBZ one?
I don't know if there is an AMG-specific one? sprintbooster.us only had one for all 01-10 auto benzes and I got that one. Part number: SBME0002S
Old 07-28-2012, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
i just fitted one to my C32 AND LOVE IT!

Makes the car much more fun to drive.

i mounted the switch just behind the fusebox cover at the side of the dashboard....as i did have it mounted next to the instrument panel but the bright light really annoyed me.

i leave mine on green aswell......i have not even tried the red setting yet.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:11 AM

Multiple
Originally Posted by varoom
i just fitted one to my C32 AND LOVE IT!

Makes the car much more fun to drive.

i mounted the switch just behind the fusebox cover at the side of the dashboard....as i did have it mounted next to the instrument panel but the bright light really annoyed me.

i leave mine on green aswell......i have not even tried the red setting yet.
The red makes the car very twitchy and very fun!