C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Newbie on board C55........problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 Honda Accord, 1995 Maxiam, 2002 Sentra Spec-V, 2008 Civic SI, 2007 350z, Now 2005 C55
Red face Newbie on board C55........problems

Hi, I just picked up a silver 2005 C55 a month ago. Honestly, I love the car. It is V8 beast. All my previous cars.......I was trying to spend so much money to mod, but still none of its can compare to it. Although I like it so much, it has so much issues for the C55.....

First day - car picked up - Audio CD is not working, the Sunroof can't 1 touch close, Alignment off, headlight washer not working, etc

First week - I changed the OEM audio to after market audio system installed by Future shop....Alignment and headlight washer was fix by the used car dealer.

Second week - Change flat badge hood emblem, change rear license plate light to LED, Wrap the roof to gross black, tinted window, K&N filter(SUCK) I tell you why later......., Interior CF wrap

Third week - Secondary cat and resonator deleted, sounds awsome!, H&R springs lower, install window vent visor and roof spoiler.

Four week - Oil change, Cabin filter change, Transmission oil and filter change (big money spend). Bought a set brand new Nokian snow tires

This week......problems arrive: One day morning, the car was shaking like crazy and it automatically die while I driving, lucky I am in front of traffic light, I put on N and restarted the car. I search on the website, TB need to be cleaned and idle learned again (because the oil from the K&N Filters) -FIXED.....2 days later, my driving SIDE HID went out(going to pick up a morimoto D2S light bulb tomorrow and scare after the installation, the headlight will flick or the ballast or ingiter will die since people are having problems with the HID headlight)...... And now I realize some noise coming out from the brake pedal while I step on the brake (Master cyclinder going to die?). Some noise when I turn the steering wheel (is it the steering pump getting worst? or I need steering oil change) and some clicking noise from the driver seat when I step on the gas or the brake pedal (can it be fix?)

Wish this is not too long for you(MB members) to read. I hope someone can help me out. I spend too much money on this car recently and I hope all these problems can be fix without big money. I appreicate for your help. THANKS
Attached Thumbnails Newbie on board C55........problems-aug-2012-098.jpg  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C63 AMG, 05 C55 AMG
How many miles on her?

PS pump is most likely your issue. Dying when driving? CEL come on? any codes?

Depending on the miles there is a list of things you should change.... just to be safe etc
Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Perhaps check the fluid level in the steering pump and top up. Mine (c32) was leaking and was simply an O ring. There are repair kits and a really good thread on here for a full refurb diy. With the lights maybe the dealer loosened something inadvertently when repairing the washer etc: have a look at the connections and spray them with electrical cleaner and make sure connected tight, check the fuses that relate to the command as perhaps the aftermarket is drawing more power and giving you the gremlins. Brake pedal the dealer should have checked brake fluid whilst replacing the oil etc but have a check. Otherwise I am out of my league on further input. Mbworld has heaps of info and solutions it has saved me buckets of cash. I would find an independent if no warranty.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
A moto I will always stick to is never start modding a used car until at least a month after purchase for obvious reasons.luckily you have no major problems, I think they can all be easily fixed. Starting with putting less oil on the k&n drop ins.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 AM

2017 GLE 350 Wifey, 2005 C55 AMG
dying at the intersection, could be crank sensor, K&N filters need to be air dried for a couple days before putting them in or there is good chance air sensors will get coated in oil. My xenon headlights did blink, just replaced with new bulbs and problem fixed. I also have to hold my sunroof button to close, it opens 1 touch though. You live in Canada you probably only open that thing like 2 times a yr
Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Originally Posted by moedigga
I also have to hold my sunroof button to close, it opens 1 touch though.
I've got that, I do the window reset after each battery pull and it still stays the same
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 AM

1993 Honda Accord, 1995 Maxiam, 2002 Sentra Spec-V, 2008 Civic SI, 2007 350z, Now 2005 C55
Originally Posted by rlddlr53
How many miles on her?

PS pump is most likely your issue. Dying when driving? CEL come on? any codes?

Depending on the miles there is a list of things you should change.... just to be safe etc
Its a canadian car with 110000km when I bought it. No Message and engine light came up when the car die. I let my friend to scan the car and there are hidden codes, 1 with the Vaccum leak and air pump.

Yeah....few oil changes need to be done soon like steering wheel, rear diff, brake, coolant...etc!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by macbryanie
Perhaps check the fluid level in the steering pump and top up. Mine (c32) was leaking and was simply an O ring. There are repair kits and a really good thread on here for a full refurb diy. With the lights maybe the dealer loosened something inadvertently when repairing the washer etc: have a look at the connections and spray them with electrical cleaner and make sure connected tight, check the fuses that relate to the command as perhaps the aftermarket is drawing more power and giving you the gremlins. Brake pedal the dealer should have checked brake fluid whilst replacing the oil etc but have a check. Otherwise I am out of my league on further input. Mbworld has heaps of info and solutions it has saved me buckets of cash. I would find an independent if no warranty.
THanks for all the information, I am reading the forum every single days. It helped me a lot....., but with people who driving C55 are rare.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
A moto I will always stick to is never start modding a used car until at least a month after purchase for obvious reasons.luckily you have no major problems, I think they can all be easily fixed. Starting with putting less oil on the k&n drop ins.
I already took off the K&N filter and put the stock filters back! lol....
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by moedigga
dying at the intersection, could be crank sensor, K&N filters need to be air dried for a couple days before putting them in or there is good chance air sensors will get coated in oil. My xenon headlights did blink, just replaced with new bulbs and problem fixed. I also have to hold my sunroof button to close, it opens 1 touch though. You live in Canada you probably only open that thing like 2 times a yr
I did let the K&N filter dry for a week before I put it in. The shop told me there might be some more oil inside the filters, thats why make the TB not working smoothly.

I read there is a manual reset for the sunroof right? Havn't try it out yet.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 AM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
C55 Issues

+1. I never mod anything used for at least 1000 miles.

The best mod I did for my C55 was to buy a warranty.

Mine serves as my DD and has been very reliable, but the warranty to date has replaced front thrust arm bushings, front sway bar bushings, front crank seal leak, and tranny electrical connector leak when I was in for annual service this Summer. I'm presently at 44K miles.

The car was returned running as new and still drives as new. The service tab for all that work was about $1,800, my tab was the deductible. Having a warranty has made my ownership tenure much more enjoyable.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by NCE500
+1. I never mod anything used for at least 1000 miles.

The best mod I did for my C55 was to buy a warranty.

Mine serves as my DD and has been very reliable, but the warranty to date has replaced front thrust arm bushings, front sway bar bushings, front crank seal leak, and tranny electrical connector leak when I was in for annual service this Summer. I'm presently at 44K miles.

The car was returned running as new and still drives as new. The service tab for all that work was about $1,800, my tab was the deductible. Having a warranty has made my ownership tenure much more enjoyable.
Good for you man..........I want to buy warrenty too! But I got the car in the used car dealer.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Originally Posted by macbryanie
I've got that, I do the window reset after each battery pull and it still stays the same
you have to re learn the settings. open and close it a few times in a row