C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

HELP The New Guy!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c32AMG
HELP The New Guy!!!

Hello guys, im about to percuss a 2003 C32 AMG with 110k miles on it. what do i need to look for before percussing?? body wise the car is clean, no paint work but as for the motor and tranny what should i look for, it does not knock or have anything wrong that i can see, or hear.
I also have a ton of questions that I would like to clear up before i get the car. such as..

1.Im mixed up on if the car is reliable or not because everywhere i read its
ether they love it with no problems or they hate it and well never get a MB again..

2. I was going to get the EuroCharded stage 1 Power package kit .. good choice right when getting the car?? would you per fur something different..

3. Does taking the 2nd cats and resonators out make the car drown on the highway ?

4. I live in the NY area is there any performance shops around the area that someone could recommend for this car?

thanks for your time and feedback.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:23 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Good luck. My C32 has been the most fun out of any car I have ever owned. It has also been by far... BY FAR the most unreliable car I have ever owned. I bought it with 50k on it and it's coming up on 130k. In that time:

2 seat computers
entire fuel tank and sender
dashboard
front end rebuilt twice
motor mounts
transmission mounts
shifter linkage bushings
swaybar bushings
belt tensioner
supercharger pulley bearing
rear window shade
idler pulley
antenna amplifier
oil cooler seals
timing cover seal
valve cover gasket
power steering reservoir seals
rear tires ever 15k miles...
and a ton of other stuff that I probably forgot....

Currently the back shocks are bad and I am hunting ebay for a new steering rack. Yep, the rack is bad now.

Motor does run great and the tranny was just serviced and is good. Stupid thing is, I will probably keep it going. The car is a blast to drive. Just a tad maintenance intensive. I had a pulley on it for about 60k miles but took it off this summer.

Chuck
Old 10-30-2012, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG, Porsche 911 SC
Originally Posted by PeterC32
Hello guys, im about to percuss a 2003 C32 AMG with 110k miles on it. what do i need to look for before percussing?? body wise the car is clean, no paint work but as for the motor and tranny what should i look for, it does not knock or have anything wrong that i can see, or hear.
I also have a ton of questions that I would like to clear up before i get the car. such as..

1.Im mixed up on if the car is reliable or not because everywhere i read its
ether they love it with no problems or they hate it and well never get a MB again..

2. I was going to get the EuroCharded stage 1 Power package kit .. good choice right when getting the car?? would you per fur something different..

3. Does taking the 2nd cats and resonators out make the car drown on the highway ?

4. I live in the NY area is there any performance shops around the area that someone could recommend for this car?

thanks for your time and feedback.
With a high mileage example like that definitely have a shop you trust take a look at the car before you pull the trigger. They should be able to point out any areas of concern.

1. MB's are on the expensive side to maintain. My C32 has only had a few issues, but they get expensive if they begin to rack up quickly. Having a shop perform a PPI on the car you're looking at is you're best bet to avoid expensive repairs.

2. Eurocharged makes good stuff but there are alot of other options out there as well. Do your research before starting to mod the car.

3. No drone. In my opinion the car was still relatively quiet with the res and cats removed.

4. I live in Cali so im no help there. Hope you are fairing well through the storm.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 AM

2003 c32AMG
Thanks for the info guys. It helped me clear up a few thing.
really appreciate it .