Miss my C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
you're still alive?! dude, you're a legend.

i too miss my C55 and how power was on demand in such a small platform (you'll appreciate the size of the W203 platform when you step it up to an E63) i felt like i was always in control with that fun little easy to control but plenty of fun car. the E63 is a monster on it's own though. i've said this before about the C55, but with this E63 i couldn't imagine owning anything more powerful.
Hey Mike, nice to see you post UP!!! I am enjoying following your E63 posts!! Glad all is well with your car too. I am still sporting the Kleemann S7 as well and just can't part with these things. Next up on the list is another lithe car, the new CLA with AWD!!! Been playing with a Roush Stage 2 lately and although its NOT an AMG, its sure a fun car to mod with cheap & easy bolt ons (American Muscle) . And for you AMG guys, don't ever discount a modded Stang in a race. I used to until I got one...........................

Hope all of you and Mike are well and still in the AMG fold.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by ghiaguy
Totally know how you feel missing a beloved car. I have had a bunch of cars, but few I was so attached to as my Miata. After 6 years I sold it locally last September and just this weekend saw it for the first time since! Weird feeling: happy to see it looking as I left it, well cared for and nicely washed, but really bittersweet at the same time...
i would LOVE to see my c55 rolling around. I always keep my eye on new poster's about c55's to see if anyones got a black on black close to where i sold it. but no avail as of yet.

Originally Posted by MBNiko
Unfortunately I didnt have a C55 when you were active and didnt get to see all of your great work. Im looking back on all of your old posts now. I just got into mine a year ago.

So you were the originator of the 3 fin? I just bought a two fin but hopefully, with some arm twisting, you'll get back to making a couple In which case, put my name down for one! haha
Definitely not an originator... lol but I made a few. i actually just uncovered the mold and an extra one the other day. contemplating selling it all, for cheap.

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
you're still alive?! dude, you're a legend.

i too miss my C55 and how power was on demand in such a small platform (you'll appreciate the size of the W203 platform when you step it up to an E63) i felt like i was always in control with that fun little easy to control but plenty of fun car. the E63 is a monster on it's own though. i've said this before about the C55, but with this E63 i couldn't imagine owning anything more powerful.
not sure if the you're still alive comment was for me or newzchspy but im going to pretend it was for me. so thanks! haha

I test drove an e63 and it was a beast but I love the package the c55 delivered. I honestly think an awd turbo c55 and i would never buy another car. haha. but no. all we have in my family now is a VW Tiguan which is a spunky little suv/cuv (its the wifeys) and I drive an LR3. and I dream of getting back into a sport sedan. one day. just... one day.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Just replace it with another AMG You'll get over it...

Worked for me
Old 06-28-2013, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by cannonball55
i would LOVE to see my c55 rolling around. I always keep my eye on new poster's about c55's to see if anyones got a black on black close to where i sold it. but no avail as of yet.

Definitely not an originator... lol but I made a few. i actually just uncovered the mold and an extra one the other day. contemplating selling it all, for cheap.

not sure if the you're still alive comment was for me or newzchspy but im going to pretend it was for me. so thanks! haha

I test drove an e63 and it was a beast but I love the package the c55 delivered. I honestly think an awd turbo c55 and i would never buy another car. haha. but no. all we have in my family now is a VW Tiguan which is a spunky little suv/cuv (its the wifeys) and I drive an LR3. and I dream of getting back into a sport sedan. one day. just... one day.
Let me know if you're willing to part with a 3 finner Cannonball, I had a 2 finner but sold it to another guy n the forum.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
We have an LR3. Great vehicle, perfect for our family, lots and lots of space. Do you have a V6 or V8? On the advice of my mechanic buddy who is quite experienced with Land Rovers, we picked up our white on tan 7 seater '06 V8 HSE a few years back and have put piles of mileage on it. He suggested forgetting about the V6 as the improvements in fuel economy were marginal. The V8 doesn't exactly hustle the huge LR3 along in the first place, so an even wimpier engine would make things nearly intolerable. Ideally, it would be great if Land Rover brought their diesels over, a diesel LR3 would be just about perfect, as other than fuel consumption, it's a great vehicle. Though I guess brakes and tires aren't exactly cheap.

I'm glad I have the luxury of multiple cars though. I would go nuts driving an SUV around all the time. The parking itself is a pain, nevermind the lack of 'connectedness' to the road.

My favourite picture of our LR3 during last summer's road trip:

And more here in my roadtrip 'drive' story!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Saaboteur
We have an LR3. Great vehicle, perfect for our family, lots and lots of space. Do you have a V6 or V8? On the advice of my mechanic buddy who is quite experienced with Land Rovers, we picked up our white on tan 7 seater '06 V8 HSE a few years back and have put piles of mileage on it. He suggested forgetting about the V6 as the improvements in fuel economy were marginal. The V8 doesn't exactly hustle the huge LR3 along in the first place, so an even wimpier engine would make things nearly intolerable. Ideally, it would be great if Land Rover brought their diesels over, a diesel LR3 would be just about perfect, as other than fuel consumption, it's a great vehicle. Though I guess brakes and tires aren't exactly cheap.

I'm glad I have the luxury of multiple cars though. I would go nuts driving an SUV around all the time. The parking itself is a pain, nevermind the lack of 'connectedness' to the road.

OT, BUT Nice photos!! Best car I have ever owned, other than my beloved S2000 was a 2011 Black Sienna SE minivan (now gone too). Quick as snot, great on gas and hauled the whole family around the country with NEVER an issue.

Sorry to hijack here...............
Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 PM

'06 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Let me know if you're willing to part with a 3 finner Cannonball, I had a 2 finner but sold it to another guy n the forum.
I am willing to. PM me if you'd like the down low on it.

Originally Posted by Saaboteur

I've got a Tonga Green LR3 V8, picked up a super cheap OEM roof rack ($200) and a free OEM cargo barrier, and a IIDtool for diagnosing and raising and lowering the vehicle for greater off road clearance. its got almost every option available on an SE and it makes me very happy for what it is. but i miss the handling and fuel economy of a car on my daily commute to and from school.

Great picture BTW! I love the LR3's in all colors. I've got plans for a trip within the next month I'll be sure to post pictures here.

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
OT, BUT Nice photos!! Best car I have ever owned, other than my beloved S2000 was a 2011 Black Sienna SE minivan (now gone too). Quick as snot, great on gas and hauled the whole family around the country with NEVER an issue.

Sorry to hijack here...............

hijack? whats that... this is MY thread! we do what we want!