C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Where to order the right NSK Supercharger bearing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32 AMG, '07 E92 335i, '85 BMW5 E28
Where to order the right NSK Supercharger bearing?

Hey guys, like you can read in my introduction, I recently bought my C32..

Car runs fine, only thing is that the supercharger bearing sounds quite rough, top left one hopefully...

I did my research on the forum and came up with these part-numbers.

NSK Bearings Part# 32BD45DUM or its NSK-32BD45A1T12DDUCG21.

Just to be clear, I added a photo of my car.. It is most likely the top one on the left, since this is the guider for the belt and has to endure the most stress. I cant find this bearing online to order for the right price...? Anyone any hints or a spear one laying around??? Thanks!!!!

http://s20.postimg.org/z91qgizcd/image.jpg
Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...-32bd45du.html

Direct link to Needswings here:

http://www.needswings.com/Supercharg...scBearing.aspx

You might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere, but availability might be an issue.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 PM

Hey Kreuzfeuer,

Thanks a lot! This is the one Im looking for, the top left bearing.

Its just the price, when I found the info in previous posts here on MBworld they were 20-30 bucks including shipment in the US. Dont want to sound cheap. But I could order the entire roler, with new bearing in it, at mercedes for a 100. I informed at the dealer in PHX, Chandler.

So anyone else? Think this will also be interesting for other members to know, since it is a often occuring problem with the C32-C55 AMG..
Old 03-24-2013, 02:19 PM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by BobC32AMG
Hey Kreuzfeuer,

Thanks a lot! This is the one Im looking for, the top left bearing.

Its just the price, when I found the info in previous posts here on MBworld they were 20-30 bucks including shipment in the US. Dont want to sound cheap. But I could order the entire roler, with new bearing in it, at mercedes for a 100. I informed at the dealer in PHX, Chandler.

So anyone else? Think this will also be interesting for other members to know, since it is a often occuring problem with the C32-C55 AMG..
You can try the location mentioned in this post...

https://mbworld.org/forums/4011706-post3.html

That post is three years old, so no promises...
Old 03-25-2013, 03:08 PM

So my girlfriend has been on the phone this morning. First called the guys in Texas, they couldn't send to AZ? So she called the supplier in AZ, they first had to see the bearing before they could order it? Wtf? She gave them all the right details, and refuse to order or even give a quote for the price... So the quest for a company that can supply me with the right NSK bearing ( apparently really rare..) continues. I might buy more of them, aren't there more people here on the forum that need one, or want to have a spare one??! Since it is a part that is known for failing more often...
Old 03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Dude, it's only $55
Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 PM

Hey Dude, its actually 67,85 including shipment.. I read in previous (older) postings that people were able to buy and ship it for 25-27. Just don't like to get screwed over, and rather buy two or more for 70 bucks. The car is sitting now and don't need the car at the moment, so really want to put in some more effort to get a good deal, that would also benefit more people here at the forum, so Im going to call a supplier of NSK here in The Netherlands tomorrow...
Old 03-25-2013, 09:42 PM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Dude, it's only $55

Hey Dude, its actually 67,85 including shipment.. I read in previous (older) postings that people were able to buy and ship it for 25-27. Just don't like to get screwed over, and rather buy two or more for 70 bucks. The car is sitting now and don't need the car at the moment, so really want to put in some more effort to get a good deal, that would also benefit more people here at the forum, so Im going to call a supplier of NSK here in The Netherlands tomorrow...
"Screwed" is when you are forced to replace your leaking intercooler (charge-air cooler) with either a $1,100 OEM unit that will inevitably leak again, OR buy a used one and pray it doesn't leak immediately.

Thankfully Rudy stepped up to the plate and developed a much better unit to replace the OEM... but it's $1,000 as well.

A $67 bearing is a cheap date when you know it's in stock, and you know it's the right one.

As we've found out, many of the old suppliers that could get it cheaper no longer carry it.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Thankfully Rudy stepped up to the plate and developed a much better unit to replace the OEM... but it's $1,000 as well.

I recall a couple of months ago GrammaBenz posting this thread from the crossfire forum in regards to the intercooler but didnt follow it. Great stuff as I thought NW was the only other option: http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...ot-real-7.html
Even more off topic:
The bearing # for the EC 61mm is NSK 32BD45DU Japan A02.

Last edited by macbryanie; 03-26-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Relax a bit. You are not getting screwed over. The MBW deal going around a couple of years ago was exceptional. A member bought a few cases of these at a great price and passed it on to interested members. (I was one).

Just because you missed an amazing deal does not mean you are getting screwed over. Just do and get it over with.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 PM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by macbryanie
I recall a couple of months ago GrammaBenz posting this thread from the crossfire forum in regards to the intercooler but didnt follow it. Great stuff as I thought NW was the only other option: http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...ot-real-7.html
Yep!! We love Rudy

Here's a link to the "finished product" post:

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/717445-post94.html
Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 AM

So.... I have been on a quest with finding this bearing. I've been able to get in touch with the NSK office in The Netherlands. They did't supply directly to private, so they referred me to a retailer. This retailer had to put in an order with them for multiple bearings. Best he could do was 38,90 Euro's and a minimum of 15 bearings. This is about 50 dollars and have to buy 15!!! So this turned out to be quite disappointing...

I will most prob order the entire original guider roller with bearing OEM from mercedes. This is 100 dollars retail at the dealer, OEM and with the original bearing in there. So no pressuring to get the replacement bearing in with the potential of damage and premature failing of the bearing again.

So the bearings are out there, but its virtually impossible to get them for the price they used to get them for.. You have to have access to a direct NSK supplier.