Electrical issue, dash lights flashing- need help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Electrical issue, dash lights flashing- need help please

Hi all,

I have a 2002 c32 amg. The issue I am having began about a month ago when my battery light came on, my battery tested bad I replaced it. Then about a week later the red light came back on and my alternator tested at 13.7v so I replaced it. The red light came back on this time flashing, brake light flashing, brights flashing on and off, srs light flashing and then it flashed display malfunction... Long story short my dash went crazy and my headlights got a mind of their own and were flashing on and off while driving home, I then warrantied out my alternator 2 times since then and now it's doing the same thing with one from mercedes! Crazy thing, I will hop in my car one day and it'll be fine and then the next it'll act up.

Can this be a bad ecu, ground ( ground to alt are good)

I can text or email someone a video of my dash going crazy. But I'm lost at this point and so are my techs at work.

Can someone email me a wiring diagram for my car too?

Email: blainebernal@gmail.com

This is stressing me out please help!!!

Thanks all
Blaine

Last edited by bernalb123; 10-13-2014 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Erase my phone number
Old 03-31-2013, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Sounds like the voltage regulator is either faulty or worn out. On many Mercedes, the voltage regulator is a separate, normal wear, part. If the old voltage regulator was used with the new alternator, that may be the issue. A new voltage regulator is about $25.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
I'm under the impression that the voltage regulator is inside of the alternator. Any other ideas? I have replaced the alternator now 3 times and now oe and voltage is fine but still having these weird issues. I just want to cruise in the sun again :-)

Thanks for the reply!