C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Eurocharged TCU Tune Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
sorry to hear - keep us posted when you get word of a solution. Good Luck!!!

is this issue C32 specific, or are C55s having issues as well?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
After flashing the TCU software both Sport and Comfort are slightly more aggressive than they used to be. Manual is exactly what I expected.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
After flashing the TCU software both Sport and Comfort are slightly more aggressive than they used to be. Manual is exactly what I expected.
More aggressive as in they shift later in the rev band? I'm definitely getting an opposite result when in comfort mode.

I asked Jake about it and he said get the STAR thing done to reset my trans adaptations. However, as a previous member pointed out on page 1, this did absolutely nothing and I'm not going to waste $100.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Well if you think about it, the idea was to not only get the M mode but to also have the shifting happen faster. It does shift faster at WOT but it also makes the shifting happen faster when just cruising around town (quicker and lower in the RPM's). So shifting is happening 'faster' in all aspects.

Seems like you cant get somethin for nothin, my car does the same but its not as bad as you describe.

What is the STAR adaptation?

I have STAR so I can do the adaptation and let you know if it works before you waste your money.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
....I asked Jake about it and he said get the STAR thing done to reset my trans adaptations. However, as a previous member pointed out on page 1, this did absolutely nothing and I'm not going to waste $100.
Did you tell EC that somebody else reset their trans adaptations as per their suggestion, and the problem was not solved?

With 4 members posting in this thread, allegedly having an issue with this TCU tune, it seems to me that the vendor ought to make a statement in this thread as to what the issue is (with a viable remedy).
I hope y'all find an inexpensive solution.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:33 PM

"World fastest" C32 AMG
More aggressive as in they shift later in the rev band? I'm definitely getting an opposite result when in comfort mode.

I asked Jake about it and he said get the STAR thing done to reset my trans adaptations. However, as a previous member pointed out on page 1, this did absolutely nothing and I'm not going to waste $100.
I have a Star and i have done reset thousand times, reset dont help.

Program is ok with normal driving, but if you want drive "sport" it is bad, always about one gear too high and have to use kickdown to get lower.
It is nice to get high rpm sift and maybe little faster sift, manual mode, but otherwise TCU mod make car slower and laggy. That why i also have another TCU with stock file inside.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
With 4 members posting in this thread, allegedly having an issue with this TCU tune, it seems to me that the vendor ought to make a statement in this thread as to what the issue is (with a viable remedy).
I hope y'all find an inexpensive solution.
Now 5 members...
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, E93 M3
I'm pretty sure there have been others. I specifically remember one early adopter that abandoned it shortly after having installed due to complications/issues. Eurocharged should definitely address this with a revision of some sort for at least those that have issues.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by SYZYGY
I'm pretty sure there have been others. I specifically remember one early adopter that abandoned it shortly after having installed due to complications/issues. Eurocharged should definitely address this with a revision of some sort for at least those that have issues.
If you peruse the original TCU tune thread, the latter part of it shows there are others who have problems with the tune. Moreover, there appears to have been at least two versions of this tune offered over time.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...h-499-a-4.html

Issues pertaining to this TCU tune appear to be well documented since 2011, and yet they still continue to be unresolved (at least at the level of public information).

I'm noticing a disturbing trend of late (both in the W203 AMG subforum and the supercharger pulley thread in the W211 AMG subforum). When issues arise, some individuals with an issue may be contacted; however, no explanations or reassurance is given by the vendor in the thread that documents the problems.
If that is the new policy for forum sponsors, it's unacceptable in my opinion.

It is simply disingenuous to actively advertise a product on a public enthusiast forum such as this, while at the same time burying your head in the sand when several people come forward to report a problem with a product. Nobody expects a vendor to get involved in a heated debate online. In fact, it's counterproductive; however, this thread (and another) has been more than cordial.

Given the previous debacles that occurred involving several former MBWorld sponsors and defective products, we should fully expect high profile vendors who advertise on this forum to do the following when an alleged issue arises with one of their products:
1. Make it known publicly that they acknowledge the alleged problem.
2. Make a statement as to whether the issue / problem is even valid.
3. State that they are (or are not) going to remedy the problem.

From my understanding of the issue, this TCU tune only results in driveability problems (i.e. it is not potentially harmful). If that is the case, just say it up front that a customer shouldn't expect smooth delivery of power. Don't have them coming to this forum wondering if their tranny is going to go belly-up.

Last edited by boohooramblers; 06-07-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
If you peruse the original TCU tune thread, the latter part of it shows there are others who have problems with the tune. Moreover, there appears to have been at least two versions of this tune offered over time.

Issues pertaining to this TCU tune appear to been well documented since 2011, and yet they still continue to be unresolved (at least at the level of public information).

I'm noticing a disturbing trend of late (both in the W203 AMG subforum and the supercharger pulley thread in the W211 AMG subforum). When issues arise, some individuals with an issue may be contacted; however, no explanations or reassurance is given by the vendor in the thread that documents the problems.

It is simply disingenuous to actively advertise a product on a public enthusiast forum such as this, while at the same time burying your head in the sand when several people come forward to report a problem with a product. Nobody expects a vendor to get involved in a heated debate online. In fact, it's counterproductive; however, this thread (and another) has been more than cordial.

Given the previous debacles that occurred involving several former MBWorld sponsors and defective products, we should fully expect high profile vendors who advertise on this forum to do the following when an alleged issue arises with one of their products:

From my understanding of the issue, this TCU tune only results in driveability problems (i.e. it is not potentially harmful). If that is the case, just say it up front that a customer shouldn't expect smooth delivery of power. Don't have them coming to this forum wondering if their tranny is going to go belly-up.
I agree 100% with this.

I'm going to send this thread over to Jake and Jerry and hopefully they can explain what is going on with the TCU.

We all paid a fair price for this software and deserve to know what's going on when we run into issues.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.

Issues pertaining to this TCU tune appear to been well documented since 2011, and yet they still continue to be unresolved (at least at the level of public information).

I agree as well, however as for the potentially harmful point....I know raising the rev limiter (which is advertised) is potentially harmful and I do not think that has been addressed. I know from experience that the AFR go crazy when you get past the stock RPM's.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
The afr spike are normal with every car hitting rev limiter, when the engine hit rev limiter it will cut ignition and you'll see high spike afr,
the problem here that there is a second hidden rev limiter in the ECU that no one in the world as i know till now that has solve it, even if you put the known rev limiter at 7000 it still hit limiter between 6400-6500.
after this issue Eurocharged made TCU's tune at stock limiter 6200,
and if you want more rev they make at your choice and if you put the rev limiter at 6400 this issue will be solved.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Robert AMG
The afr spike are normal with every car hitting rev limiter, when the engine hit rev limiter it will cut ignition and you'll see high spike afr,
the problem here that there is a second hidden rev limiter in the ECU that no one in the world as i know till now that has solve it, even if you put the known rev limiter at 7000 it still hit limiter between 6400-6500.
after this issue Eurocharged made TCU's tune at stock limiter 6200,
and if you want more rev they make at your choice and if you put the rev limiter at 6400 this issue will be solved
So, to clarify the situation for those having an AFR issue when hitting the rev limiter:
This issue appears to have been addressed in the current EC TCU tune.

Let's move on to the other alleged driveability issues noted above, and how customers with existing TCU tunes can remedy the problems they are experiencing.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM

C32, E93 M3
So, to clarify the situation for those having an AFR issue when hitting the rev limiter:
This issue appears to have been addressed in the current EC TCU tune.

Let's move on to the other alleged driveability issues noted above, and how customers with existing TCU tunes can remedy the problems they are experiencing.

I worry that being the w203 is an aging platform, companies don't focus their attention and support on them like they used to when they were hot and more profitable.
Now there are cars like the F10 M cars, F30, upcoming CLA45 AMG, etc to keep them busy making money on.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
This issue appears to have been addressed in the current EC TCU tune.....
Wait. The rev limiter is set in the TCU? Not the ECU?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM

C32, E93 M3
I have a higher rev limiter set through my Eurocharged engine tune ~ 6500rpm I believe. Never an issue. They also advertise a higher rev limit on their TCU tune, so there must be a way to change it in the TCU
Old 06-07-2013, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
I worry that being the w203 is an aging platform, companies don't focus their attention and support on them like they used to when they were hot and more profitable.
Now there are cars like the F10 M cars, F30, upcoming CLA45 AMG, etc to keep them busy making money on.
Exactly, I've worried about this for quite some time now.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:09 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I had a 1990 mr2, there were still shops designing and building new parts 20 years later. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The ecu has a rev limit just like every car but you also have to adjust the max shift rpm of the tcu for an auto.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:47 PM

I worry that being the w203 is an aging platform, companies don't focus their attention and support on them like they used to when they were hot and more profitable....
Exactly, I've worried about this for quite some time now.
I understand where you're coming from; however, an aging platform (such as the M112K/W203) doesn't entitle any vendor a carte blanche to advertise and sell a product without adequate communication and support.
Spending $500 for a 2002 C32 AMG performance mod is equally valid to a C32 owner as it is for the owner of a new SLS AMG who pays $20,000 for an engine build.

If the TCU tune is no longer for sale, then fine - draw a line under it and say 'folks, we are no longer selling this tune' and we cannot support it.
If this tune IS still being sold (which it appears to be according to the EC website), somebody in authority should address the problems being addressed so that threads like this don't make it look like nobody gives a damn. In support of EC though, RobertAMG appears to have his issues with the tune sorted out.

Moreover, if this tune is still being offered and has been revised to address the issues described by several customers above, then the vendor should offer a concession of some sort so as to satisfy customers with older tunes that appear to have major drivability issues.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:59 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Guys - If you're having an issue with a tune or tcu tune, please email sales@eurocharged.com with your issue so we can help you resolve it. We will not offer assistance via a thread for numerous reasons, but mainly because we need your REAL name and VIN info.

It's not that we don't care, we have an internal system of dealing with customer service issues and threads are not one of them.

Thanks,
Old 06-08-2013, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
Guys - If you're having an issue with a tune or tcu tune, please email sales@eurocharged.com with your issue so we can help you resolve it. We will not offer assistance via a thread for numerous reasons, but mainly because we need your REAL name and VIN info.

It's not that we don't care, we have an internal system of dealing with customer service issues and threads are not one of them.

Thanks,
PM and email sent.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
I've done this plenty of times and absolutely nothing happens.

Does your TCU go through gears quickly when in auto mode? Or is it just as stock?

I can't even use my auto mode because the TCU tune has messed it up so badly... Who wants a trans that shifts at 1.5k rpms everytime even when hard on the gas. It sucks!
Chris, I believe you were an early adopter on the tune (TCU) and it worked fine. I have never had the TCU tune so I don't know the issue. Someone really needs to get a hold of Jake and/or Jerry and see that the problem is. No reason why they cant reflash to stock correct??
Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
I have the Kleemann TCU-program and enjoying it every ride!

No issues whatsoever.

Fast and smooth gearchanges makes the car more fun to drive!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:48 AM

SLK 32 AMG
Hey all together,

I had long time no issue, but already maybe a new one:

SLK 32 AMG - supercharger Pulley with 67 mm - ecu Tune

Problem: I guess, that the torque limiter from the tcu blocks the ecu and reduces the power as soon as the engine produces too much torque.

Not only but also therefore I think about a TCU tune.
Fast shifting and a fully manuell mode will also be nice.

But there are only some dealers which offers the TCU tune for the 32 AMG like Eurocharged.

But when I am reading this thread, I get a little bit affraid, if - when I buy the Eurocharged TCU Flash - solve the one issue by getting another issue.

What do you guys think - do you recommend the EC TCU flash or not?
Many thx from Germany!!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by GermanSLK32AMG
Hey all together,

I had long time no issue, but already maybe a new one:

SLK 32 AMG - supercharger Pulley with 67 mm - ecu Tune

Problem: I guess, that the torque limiter from the tcu blocks the ecu and reduces the power as soon as the engine produces too much torque.

Not only but also therefore I think about a TCU tune.
Fast shifting and a fully manuell mode will also be nice.

But there are only some dealers which offers the TCU tune for the 32 AMG like Eurocharged.

But when I am reading this thread, I get a little bit affraid, if - when I buy the Eurocharged TCU Flash - solve the one issue by getting another issue.

What do you guys think - do you recommend the EC TCU flash or not?
Many thx from Germany!!
When issues are dealt with in private between a vendor and affected customers (i.e. resolution and the details thereof do not see the light of day on public forums), it is difficult for members to recommend anything.

That said, EC have a good reputation.

If you are interested in purchasing a product that you are unsure of (based on a thread discussion like this one), you should contact them directly and ask the following:

1. Do you still offer the TCU flash?
2. Is there any merit to the claims made in this thread regarding your TCU flash?
3. If I purchase the TCU flash and there is an issue with driveability (or anything else attributable to the TCU flash), will you resolve the issue? In other words, get assurance that issues will be sorted out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged TCU Tune Issue