Eurocharged TCU Tune Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
When issues are dealt with in private between a vendor and affected customers (i.e. resolution and the details thereof do not see the light of day on public forums), it is difficult for members to recommend anything.

That said, EC have a good reputation.

If you are interested in purchasing a product that you are unsure of (based on a thread discussion like this one), you should contact them directly and ask the following:

1. Do you still offer the TCU flash?
2. Is there any merit to the claims made in this thread regarding your TCU flash?
3. If I purchase the TCU flash and there is an issue with driveability (or anything else attributable to the TCU flash), will you resolve the issue? In other words, get assurance that issues will be sorted out.
BUMP for 3 months update? Anyone get a reflash or did you all go back to stock tune???? If you got a reflash of the TCU, how did that work for you and did it resolve your issues. This problem has been ongoing for about 2 years (and thus the reason I never got a TCU Tune in addition to the ECU I already have). Any updates would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
I just got the TCU tune. My experiences with it are all positive. I noticed that in normal automatic mode the gears do change up sooner. I drive 90% in manual mode anyways, so I don't really have any issues. Kick down and gear hunting appears unchanged. It was terrible before and it's still terrible now. This is how I generally feel about 100% of auto boxes out there anyways. I'm not a fan of automatic, but I love this car.

Also, I don't have an "M" mode as Jerry/Mike said I need a STARDAS tool and to clear adaptations first. Any idea what that's about?

Gear changes are a lot smoother than before. The harsh jerks from manual shifting are lessened. Downshifting is also significantly more responsive and made A LOT smoother. This was the most noticeable thing for me and what I felt was lacking from the car before. A lot of times the downshifts wouldn't respond quick enough when I needed a lower gear right before a corner. This should improve the car during some spirited driving/lapping days.

I noticed the same AFR spike pre TCU tune which I'm hoping is gone. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I got a lean spike from 5500RPM+ from 3rd to 4th gear before. My wideband is down so I can't confirm if the TCU tune has fixed this issue.

I don't feel any increases in torque from the supposed increased torque limiters. No problems with auto shifting at WOT. Hits the correct redline, shifts when it's supposed to.

I just hope I can sort out the M mode. Would be awesome to have this during a lapping day.

bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 10-10-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
I just got the TCU tune. My experiences with it are all positive. I noticed that in normal automatic mode the gears do change up sooner. I drive 90% in manual mode anyways, so I don't really have any issues. Kick down and gear hunting appears unchanged. It was terrible before and it's still terrible now. This is how I generally feel about 100% of auto boxes out there anyways. I'm not a fan of automatic, but I love this car.

Also, I don't have an "M" mode as Jerry/Mike said I need a STARDAS tool and to clear adaptations first. Any idea what that's about?

Gear changes are a lot smoother than before. The harsh jerks from manual shifting are lessened. Downshifting is also significantly more responsive and made A LOT smoother. This was the most noticeable thing for me and what I felt was lacking from the car before. A lot of times the downshifts wouldn't respond quick enough when I needed a lower gear right before a corner. This should improve the car during some spirited driving/lapping days.

I noticed the same AFR spike pre TCU tune which I'm hoping is gone. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I got a lean spike from 5500RPM+ from 3rd to 4th gear before. My wideband is down so I can't confirm if the TCU tune has fixed this issue.

I don't feel any increases in torque from the supposed increased torque limiters. No problems with auto shifting at WOT. Hits the correct redline, shifts when it's supposed to.

I just hope I can sort out the M mode. Would be awesome to have this during a lapping day.

bry
Yes you need to clear adaptations in order to get the "m" mode to work. The TCU program will then feel even BETTER than it does now :-)
Old 01-23-2017, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
Any long term customers with updates on performance of this TCU tune on our cars? Any feedback is appreciated- the sale EC has on at the moment is enticing.
...necrobump for sure, but this thread makes the most sense.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
C 32 AMG & FG2 Civic Si
if you plan on driving exclusively in manual mode, then i would advise getting the tune. if you plan on using fully automatic mode most of the time, beware that the shift points are dramatically lowered and can lead the car to feel boggy around town.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 C55
I was considering this, but now you make me question it since I drive in comfort or sport. I find manual useless since sport shifts are on point.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by ez53436
if you plan on driving exclusively in manual mode, then i would advise getting the tune. if you plan on using fully automatic mode most of the time, beware that the shift points are dramatically lowered and can lead the car to feel boggy around town.
I don't find this to be the case with my car, 05 C55, at all. Prior to the Tune my 1st to 2nd shift was a bit lagging, the tune has cleared this up and all the shifts are a bit quicker and smoother. I've only driven the car a couple of hundred miles since the tune, but it was noticeable immediately. I drive 90% of the time in "S" mode. When I do roll into it the downshifts are better also.

Last edited by gofisch; 02-20-2017 at 05:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 10:37 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by ez53436
not the case, you should clear the adaptations. The car remembers and learns your driving style.