C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

****Is my car totaled?...DirtyTwo got smashed :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
What do you want for the front lip and rear diffuser?
Edit: sorry someone already called dibs
Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2002 C32AMG
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
UNOFFICIAL PART OUT LIST:

Full SL55 intake
Eurocharged Heat Exchanger
Eurocharged 185mm pulley
Needswings Pulley saver kit (185mm)

dibs
Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Eurocharged Heat Exchanger
I'm interested, if first dibs fall through.

CLK63 AMG 6/4pot brakes with dustless pads
PM'ed
Old 06-11-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
dibs on full sl55 intake and projector fogs
Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 PM

'03 C32 AMG, '07 E92 335i, '85 BMW5 E28
That really sucks, hope for the best for you. I agree bust their blz as long as it takes, call them once/twice a day and pursue all the money you put in the car, depending on the receipts and how long ago they should be able to give you a percentage of the investment. You have to convince them that you invested so much, you are aware of not a full return but hopefully a percentage. You were planning on keeping the car for a long time and to find another in this condition is virtually impossible. When they get some sympathy for you they will most likely be able to return some of the extra money you put in.

I would prefer a E55 always over a C55, thats a true beast. Especially coming from a C32 supercharged. Personally don't like the 996 with the teardrop headlights, and maintenance is a nightmare. C63 is the absolute dream, but still premium priced, although think they are becoming quite affordable, But I don't want to look in your wallet!

Keep us updated an pursue this till the end
Old 06-12-2013, 03:06 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I can definitely recommend the clk55 and you could use a lot of your current mods but coming from a fully modded 32 you might find it is a bit of a backwards step in terms of power unless you want the hassle of a supercharger. I'm not sure headers and a tune will make up for it. Otherwise e55 with some coilovers or c63 if its in the budget; must be an amazing car.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32, C55, 08 E63
Thats a lot of money yours planning to leave on the car, any reason for that?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Originally Posted by Enigma94
Thats a lot of money yours planning to leave on the car, any reason for that?
Sold my stock parts, so i have nothing to replace them with. Hoping to get some money for the parts left on the car from insurance.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Still havent heard back from the insurance company to even start an argument on the value of the vehicle. Ive called the guy at least twice a day for the past week and missed one call from him.

I got all the parts on the list off the car, but I'm going to wait to post them up until this is settled.

I got your PM's and stuff so if you called dibbs I'll honor that and let you know the prices.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
just curious, who is your insurance carrier? You pay an insurance company for years and when you need them they are completely MIA...
Good Luck Man!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:00 PM

Sold my stock parts, so i have nothing to replace them with. Hoping to get some money for the parts left on the car from insurance.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Still havent heard back from the insurance company to even start an argument on the value of the vehicle. Ive called the guy at least twice a day for the past week and missed one call from him.

I got all the parts on the list off the car, but I'm going to wait to post them up until this is settled.

I got your PM's and stuff so if you called dibbs I'll honor that and let you know the prices.
No offense, I know we all here on the forum are eager to modd our cars. But I think your situation is far more important than calling dibs on parts of a car of a fellow member that has just been totaled? Especially one of the nicest ones of the forum. Imagine it being your car and people being on it like vultures...

Anyway, not here to judge people, everybody should do what they think is right. In the end you will hopefully make some good money also on selling your parts to other people.

Maybe a thought for you to get more money out of the thing, can't you sell your parts that you cannot replace with original parts anymore to people that trade their original, or aftermarket stuff, back to you. So you can place them back on the car? Or is this too much work? Just a thought to have you get most out of it...
Old 06-13-2013, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by BobC32AMG
No offense, I know we all here on the forum are eager to modd our cars. But I think your situation is far more important than calling dibs on parts of a car of a fellow member that has just been totaled? Especially one of the nicest ones of the forum. Imagine it being your car and people being on it like vultures...

Anyway, not here to judge people, everybody should do what they think is right. In the end you will hopefully make some good money also on selling your parts to other people.

Maybe a thought for you to get more money out of the thing, can't you sell your parts that you cannot replace with original parts anymore to people that trade their original, or aftermarket stuff, back to you. So you can place them back on the car? Or is this too much work? Just a thought to have you get most out of it...
lol. "Not to judge.." JUDGES.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by pointman
Hehe, was kind of judgmental right..? But there are two sides to the story, if DirtyTwo gets premium money for the parts he sells he might end up with that C63...
Old 06-14-2013, 03:06 PM

C32, E93 M3
Are you workign with your insurance company or his?

Your company sucks *** if they're treating you this way, especially if it's the other person's fault.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.

haha thanks man, but I get it....I had some cool parts and people dont want to miss the opportunity to pick up on them. No disrespect taken.

I would ask for stock parts, but that just takes more time, and I dont really wanna do a suspension swap haha all the other stuff was enough for one days work.

LOL

Hehe, was kind of judgmental right..? But there are two sides to the story, if DirtyTwo gets premium money for the parts he sells he might end up with that C63...
Well, I know some of these parts are hard to come by, but honestly I just wanna sell them for a reasonable price and make back some of what I spent on this beast. I've been doing my research and think my pricing will be fair and reasonable.
Originally Posted by SYZYGY
Are you workign with your insurance company or his?

Your company sucks *** if they're treating you this way, especially if it's the other person's fault.
Well, we both have the same insurance company. So I think the claim is through his side, but either way its all the same. I finally got a hold of the guy, emailed in receipts today for upgrades and stuff so now I guess its just a waiting game (again).

I'll let you guys know the final numbers when its all said and done
Old 06-18-2013, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I got rear ended today too. Fuuuck. I am scared I am going to get totaled out too. Rear quarter wrinkled and dented, one taillight gone... and trunk doesn't close (looks slightly latch on car is off, but the rest of trunk is aligned).

How do I know!?!? Dirty and pointman... gone??
Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
I got rear ended today too. Fuuuck. I am scared I am going to get totaled out too. Rear quarter wrinkled and dented, one taillight gone... and trunk doesn't close (looks slightly latch on car is off, but the rest of trunk is aligned).

Seeing all these C32s go by the wayside is sad Who's really left, just a few of us originals?? I just cant seem to let mine go and it runs great so I hang on to it!!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, OEM members are dropping fast. All I know is, I don't plan on letting this be a total that easy. Hopefully I can make them fix it. So damn disappointed.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:31 PM

Sorry to hear that, hope will work out for you. Def keep us updated, how did it happen?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks, and will do. I was stopped at a light... some genius ran into the back of the 32 at a decent clip. He swerved last second to avoid, and tattooed the driver rear.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM

2002 C32 AMG
A tenant of mine backed into my drivers door yesterday! What is this world coming to? Thankfully just paint damage and she had insurance..
Old 06-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Seeing all these C32s go by the wayside is sad Who's really left, just a few of us originals?? I just cant seem to let mine go and it runs great so I hang on to it!!
I'm with you on that point.

The part that worries me most is, these can still be very nice, quick cars. Once totaled, you end up with a down payment for a Kia, Hyundai, or Honda...not a paid for Mercedes.

We are taking a big risk every time we pull our cars out of the garage.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac

Good luck with the claim, pointman. I really hope you can keep the car. What will we do without more pointless threads if you were to leave?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM

Porsche 2004 911

Bugger, this bites.
I sincerely hopes it works out for you.

I dont know how to multi quote:
Completely agree with Scott911
"The part that worries me most is, these can still be very nice, quick cars. Once totaled, you end up with a down payment for a Kia, Hyundai, or Honda...not a paid for Mercedes.
We are taking a big risk every time we pull our cars out of the garage"

I jumped back on this thread as I hadn't viewed it for a couple of days: I didn't want to see the part out scramble as its just plain depressing that CDirty's car is gone
I jumped back on the thread to post that I almost got rear ended today. Sooo very close - I was at a dead stop and the driver completely mounted the curb next to me to avoid slamming to the rear of my car.

I then read that Pointman has a nightmare of his own and the fleishman has a slight bender.
Its friggin nuts.
Hope you get the c63 or whatever is happiness for you C_Dirtytwo and Pointman win over the insurance to keep your car.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ScottW911
Good luck with the claim, pointman. I really hope you can keep the car. What will we do without more pointless threads if you were to leave?
lol. Someone has to fill that role, and hopefully its me. Estimate wasn't too bad. I am optimistic it won't be a total. Now if I can just get the other side's insurance to actually answer their phone that would be fantastic.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by macbryanie

Bugger, this bites.
I sincerely hopes it works out for you.

I dont know how to multi quote:
Completely agree with Scott911
"The part that worries me most is, these can still be very nice, quick cars. Once totaled, you end up with a down payment for a Kia, Hyundai, or Honda...not a paid for Mercedes.
We are taking a big risk every time we pull our cars out of the garage"

I jumped back on this thread as I hadn't viewed it for a couple of days: I didn't want to see the part out scramble as its just plain depressing that CDirty's car is gone
I jumped back on the thread to post that I almost got rear ended today. Sooo very close - I was at a dead stop and the driver completely mounted the curb next to me to avoid slamming to the rear of my car.

I then read that Pointman has a nightmare of his own and the fleishman has a slight bender.
Its friggin nuts.
Hope you get the c63 or whatever is happiness for you C_Dirtytwo and Pointman win over the insurance to keep your car.
Thanks. Its going well so far. But its just the beginning. And multiquote.. hit the button to the right of the QUOTE button for each post you want to quote, and when you reach the last post you want to quote.. click the regular QUOTE button. Thats it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ****Is my car totaled?...DirtyTwo got smashed :(