****Is my car totaled?...DirtyTwo got smashed :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Angry ****Is my car totaled?...DirtyTwo got smashed :(

Well, parked in a residential neighborhood and some dude smashed into the back of it while it was parked on the curb

just checked KBB and its at $8,545.00 in excellent condition for private party (stock obviously).

I take it in tomorrow to get it torn down to check out the total damage......

What do you guys think? Will they total it?

Sadly, I am thinking they will

Damage to the rear bumper, trunk, both quarter panels are dented, tail lights smashed, spare tire hub smashed, rear bumper cross member looks to be bent pretty badly, and rear wheel curbed pretty badly ....

I am thinking best case scenenario...its time for a C55 rear end fingers crossed.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 SC
Good grief, what was the other driver doing?

Sadly, I think the insurance will total it. Good thing you were not in the car when it happened.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM

'03 C32 AMG, '07 E92 335i, '85 BMW5 E28
That really sucks.. Especially since you took such good care of it. If they total it make sure you ll get the most out of it. Just like people opening their doors in your car, but this is a little more extreme?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 PM

c32 amg
I got rear ended last summer total price was around the same and they didnt total it. Mine looked worse too. It's funny bc i was in a parking lot and i still dont understa d how i got rear ended so bad. Ill try a d post pics later.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:33 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Sorry for your loss. If they do total it buy it back from the insurance company and turn it into a track car!!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
There are plenty of crazy people out there who are poor drivers - how does one hit an stationary object?!?

Best of luck with the repairs.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
Originally Posted by ddtham
Good grief, what was the other driver doing?

Sadly, I think the insurance will total it. Good thing you were not in the car when it happened.
He claims he was putting in his bluetooth....I'd guess he wasnt trying to put it in his ear...

Originally Posted by BobC32AMG
That really sucks.. Especially since you took such good care of it. If they total it make sure you ll get the most out of it. Just like people opening their doors in your car, but this is a little more extreme?
Yeah, we will see. I just got about an 8k paint job a few months ago.

Originally Posted by raf12690
I got rear ended last summer total price was around the same and they didnt total it. Mine looked worse too. It's funny bc i was in a parking lot and i still dont understa d how i got rear ended so bad. Ill try a d post pics later.
Cool, that'd be some encouragement. He pushed my car about a full cars length from the impact, pretty crazy.

Originally Posted by fleishman
Sorry for your loss. If they do total it buy it back from the insurance company and turn it into a track car!!
Absolutely, I cant let this beast go to a junk yard!!

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
There are plenty of crazy people out there who are poor drivers - how does one hit an stationary object?!?

Best of luck with the repairs.
haha! How does one hit a stationary object, I have no idea. And out of all stationary objects and cars, he has to hit mine....crazy.

Dropping the car off tomorrow morning at the body shop for tear down and estimates. Nervous!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 AM

C32, 911 SC
Ah yes, I remember you posted some photos after the car got painted. That seriously sucks. I hope everything works out for the better, man!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:27 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
So bummed to read this... yours is my favorite C32 on the board.

Hoping for a positive outcome, no matter what!!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Old 06-04-2013, 02:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Damn damn damn... That bites hard.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:17 AM

Porsche 2004 911
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
So bummed to read this... yours is my favorite C32 on the board.

Hoping for a positive outcome, no matter what!!
+1
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
well just dropped it off at the body shop, their initial estimate is about 7500, giving it about a >85% at a total loss And thats before they've even torn anything off
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
I am so depressed to see this has happened to you and that beautiful C32 of yours. I, for one, am rooting for a re-birth of your car.

Please keep us posted.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
Well, parked in a residential neighborhood and some dude smashed into the back of it while it was parked on the curb

just checked KBB and its at $8,545.00 in excellent condition for private party (stock obviously).

I take it in tomorrow to get it torn down to check out the total damage......

What do you guys think? Will they total it?

Sadly, I am thinking they will

Damage to the rear bumper, trunk, both quarter panels are dented, tail lights smashed, spare tire hub smashed, rear bumper cross member looks to be bent pretty badly, and rear wheel curbed pretty badly ....

I am thinking best case scenenario...its time for a C55 rear end fingers crossed.
This is very sad to see/hear

I've never commented on your C32, but I've seen your pictures, and you've done a fantastic job with it. Very heartbreaking to see this happen. From my experiences, I'd say the insurance company will likely total it. Do you know what insurance company you are dealing with?

I've owned 2 C32's, and BOTH of them were taken away due to rear-end accidents. The first one was hit while stopped and damage looked like this:

Insurance totaled it

The second C32 I was able to have for a few years, but I got SLAMMED in it on a highway on ramp, guy behind me wasn't paying attention

Old 06-04-2013, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
SO sorry to hear about this!! Your car is beautiful! Try to salvage it if you can..
my deepest condolences
Old 06-04-2013, 05:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55, 1995 C36
Jeez those pics make me cringe! I had some lady do the same thing to my lifted Tacoma 2 years ago. Parked right in front of my house, I couldn't believe it. Man I loved that truck...

Hope all works out brother!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 PM

2003 C32
Bummer, that car was an inspiration. Best of luck with everything
Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C320, W208 CLK 320, w209 CLK 500
Sorry about the car, I would have to say it would depend on your insurance company and their estimations of the true "value" of your car. My mom's CLK was in an incident a year and a half ago where a student driver in a prius got confused and gunned it going around a corner and plowed into the front of the benz. In all, the front/driver side body work and front driver side suspension and wheel had to be replaced with an 8-9k repair bill, and the insurance went ahead with the repairs, as their estimates valued the car higher than the strict kbb valuation. Hopefully your situation resolves well.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Good Luck Brother!!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
Originally Posted by AMG_Guy
This is very sad to see/hear

I've never commented on your C32, but I've seen your pictures, and you've done a fantastic job with it. Very heartbreaking to see this happen. From my experiences, I'd say the insurance company will likely total it. Do you know what insurance company you are dealing with?

I've owned 2 C32's, and BOTH of them were taken away due to rear-end accidents. The first one was hit while stopped and damage looked like this:

Insurance totaled it

The second C32 I was able to have for a few years, but I got SLAMMED in it on a highway on ramp, guy behind me wasn't paying attention

I am dealing with Mercury. An adjuster is headed out to the shop today to take a look at it so I'm hoping to hear back today.
Thanks for the compliments, its hard to see her in such a terrible state! I hope my luck doesnt pan out as yours has. That second wreck looks pretty bad man, I hope you didnt get hurt.

Originally Posted by ghiaguy
SO sorry to hear about this!! Your car is beautiful! Try to salvage it if you can..
my deepest condolences
Thanks I'm gonna try my best, but we'll have to wait and see!

Originally Posted by dre5373
Jeez those pics make me cringe! I had some lady do the same thing to my lifted Tacoma 2 years ago. Parked right in front of my house, I couldn't believe it. Man I loved that truck...

Hope all works out brother!!!
Yeah imagine having to look at it in real life! I am still baffled at the fact of someone hitting a parked car, but I guess $h** happens.

Originally Posted by precisionmike
Bummer, that car was an inspiration. Best of luck with everything
If she's revived I can assure you there are some more projects coming for inspiration

Originally Posted by Drummajorc
Sorry about the car, I would have to say it would depend on your insurance company and their estimations of the true "value" of your car. My mom's CLK was in an incident a year and a half ago where a student driver in a prius got confused and gunned it going around a corner and plowed into the front of the benz. In all, the front/driver side body work and front driver side suspension and wheel had to be replaced with an 8-9k repair bill, and the insurance went ahead with the repairs, as their estimates valued the car higher than the strict kbb valuation. Hopefully your situation resolves well.
At this point all I can do is hope for the best! I hope it resolved well too, thanks man.

Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Good Luck Brother!!
thanks
Originally Posted by ScottW911
I am so depressed to see this has happened to you and that beautiful C32 of yours. I, for one, am rooting for a re-birth of your car.

Please keep us posted.
Will do! update as soon as I hear from insurance. For now, I got a Hyundai Sonata to cruise around lol torture
Old 06-05-2013, 03:34 PM

C32, C55, 08 E63
Sorry to hear about your accident man. sucks putting so much time, money, sweat blood and sinto a car and to have it all taken away by some jackass who cant keep his eyes on the road.

I feel you on the Sonata... some guy ran into my brand new STi 3 months after I bought it and I got stuck with a ****ty *** chevy HHR for 2 months. They really should do something to try and match the car you crashed with a rental car that close to it.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:49 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by Enigma94
Sorry to hear about your accident man. sucks putting so much time, money, sweat blood and sinto a car and to have it all taken away by some jackass who cant keep his eyes on the road.

I feel you on the Sonata... some guy ran into my brand new STi 3 months after I bought it and I got stuck with a ****ty *** chevy HHR for 2 months. They really should do something to try and match the car you crashed with a rental car that close to it.
If you complain enough to the insurance company, they may bump you up to a luxury rental. They did for me when my C32 was hit. I demanded a luxury car, which in this case turned out to be a Caddy CTS. Much better than the Chrysler 300 they started me with.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Not an AMG :(
That's just awful, man.
I hope the car is restored to its former glory!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Originally Posted by AMG_Guy
If you complain enough to the insurance company, they may bump you up to a luxury rental. They did for me when my C32 was hit. I demanded a luxury car, which in this case turned out to be a Caddy CTS. Much better than the Chrysler 300 they started me with.
LOL. I had a MINI Cooper S with John Cooper Works package back in '06 and got hit. The rental they gave me was a POS Kia that smelled of cigarette smoke. I complained and they put me into a Chrysler 300!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ****Is my car totaled?...DirtyTwo got smashed :(