C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Weistec 3Litre SC for C55 Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 01:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'09 ML 500 (550) Off road Package
According to my Torque app on my phone ill kick everyones butt, it shows 772hpnot bad for just secondaries deleted.lol.

Anyway AMGSC your conversion came out splendidly and probably feels better but hell!!!!, the price of these blowers from these guys are unbelievable and IF people could afford it they would rather upgrade to a newer car, maybe not as fast but everything else is also upgraded then. But then again im a stupid, silly enthusiastic freak so I'd also probably fit the blower too
Old 12-09-2013, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
AMGSC - man that looks great. I love the bigger blower belt, with the better belt tensioner.
Don't worry about all the drama.

Thanks for having the ***** to throw your car and money into this venture.... and thanks for sharing the progress.

I really don't understand why two of the biggest pioneers in 113 n/a modified cars are having such a pizzing match........ keep the builds coming and lay down some good dyne numbers or track times.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Thanks for your kind support and encouragement. I know that the kit even at $8K is probably too much relative to the value of these aging cars but if anybody checks dragtimes, all the records are held by the older cars.

Just like you have a nice ML63 but still have passion about your older CLK55.

As for Ahmad, I don't know what his issue is. I stopped posting in his thread and now he is invading mine. I don't mind the banter as I am a good sport but I can dish it out as much as I can take it.

He is using his grudge against Weistec against me. He seems to blame everyone else when he does not get what he wants. He uses the internet as leverage against tuners (Weistec, Rudy Compart), fellow forum members (Shardul, Sir-Boost Alot, etc...) and creates too much drama.

Originally Posted by betrezra
AMGSC - man that looks great. I love the bigger blower belt, with the better belt tensioner.
Don't worry about all the drama.

Thanks for having the ***** to throw your car and money into this venture.... and thanks for sharing the progress.

I really don't understand why two of the biggest pioneers in 113 n/a modified cars are having such a pizzing match........ keep the builds coming and lay down some good dyne numbers or track times.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Any results yet?

Ready to sell me your Kleemann supercharger?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Any results yet?

Ready to sell me your Kleemann supercharger?
Weistec was closed during the between Christmas eve and New Year.

They will get back on my car tomorrow. I cannot afford to wait another month so I will settle for whatever results they get from my car.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Damn your engine looks sick with the weistec 3 litre blower!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Latest update. Car needs a leakdown test as it had a misfire while being dyno tuned.

Rich@Dynocomp did a full compression check and all cylinders were with 3% of each other with most of at 162 and one cylinder at 168.

Keeping my fingers crossed that there is no engine damage.

Last edited by AMGSC; 01-10-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 C55 AMG
The kit looks amazing. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers and out the door cost.

Thanks,
Derek
Old 01-13-2014, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
Not sure why people feel the need to clutter amazing project threads with trash talk...but aside from that, just wanted to thank AMGSC for sharing this project with the forum. I WISH I had the time and money to do something like this, but my C55 is my daily driver and I can't just give it up for a while...at least until I get another car to drive.

Engine bay looks sick, can't wait to see the results!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
Originally Posted by C230 Mulac
Not sure why people feel the need to clutter amazing project threads with trash talk...but aside from that, just wanted to thank AMGSC for sharing this project with the forum. I WISH I had the time and money to do something like this, but my C55 is my daily driver and I can't just give it up for a while...at least until I get another car to drive.

X2 i love to see projects like this! its my DD too so i live vicariously through you guys!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon

The only amazing thing about this thread is that a shop kept a guy's car for over 6 months, took a lot of his $$$, the guy appears to be happy for now while the car is experiencing misfires and another shop is troubleshooting the issue and tuning the car. I would only call it interesting.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
The trash talk started when he cluttered my project thread (which by the way I've already done all this work on my own car so excuse me if I'm not as amazed as you that his car still isn't running and possibly has engine damage).

But anyways, good luck with the car I truely hope there isn't engine damage to your built engine. That would really suck after all this time and money
Old 01-13-2014, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
The trash talk started when he cluttered my project thread (which by the way I've already done all this work on my own car so excuse me if I'm not as amazed as you that his car still isn't running). But anyways, good luck with the car I hope there isn't engine damage to your built engine. That would really suck after all this time and money
Not taking anyone's side here, just ignoring the trash talk since it doesn't pertain to me. I won't mention it anymore. Sorry to both of you guys.

On a side note, where are you on East Coast? Most people on the forum are not around here and it'd be nice to know some other Benz guys nearby. I'm just inside the DC beltway in Falls Church, VA.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Not taking anyone's side here, just ignoring the trash talk since it doesn't pertain to me. I won't mention it anymore. Sorry to both of you guys.

On a side note, where are you on East Coast? Most people on the forum are not around here and it'd be nice to know some other Benz guys nearby. I'm just inside the DC beltway in Falls Church, VA.
I'm in MD. Lets not clutter Roberts thread with off topic stuff further. I hope he reports back with good news soon
Old 01-13-2014, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I think the statement "run your car not your mouth" comes to mind.

I could not have said it better.

Now get this thing tuned and flog her on the quarter mile please!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
[QUOTE=betrezra;5905953 .

Now get this thing tuned and flog her on the quarter mile please![/QUOTE]

I can tell you this from the School of Been There Done that, he'll never get his $$ out of the mods that he put into it!!! Nor did Hooley or JRCart or any of us who have modded OUR cars!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I can tell you this from the School of Been There Done that, he'll never get his $$ out of the mods that he put into it!!! Nor did Hooley or JRCart or any of us who have modded OUR cars!!!
what do you mean exactly with "get his $$ out of the mods," whens the last time anyone made money on their modifications unless you're in the car restoration biz, and even then its a fine line of how much to actually do before you overdue it and then begin just pissing your money away.

Modz for me at least, or for ME. I never expect to get $$ out of the mods. Even the bolt on stuff in which I still retain the OEM components, I still take a loss when selling it later (assuming I can ever get it sold). I've still been sitting on some brand new aftermarket products from my C230 that I can't get a nibble over 50% of my original purchase price, lol. I just want it gone but I'm probably gonna have to give it away soon, lol!

PS Build is sick bro. If I had $9k to throw at my C55 I would. I'm tapped after just adding the clk63 front bumper (which I needed a new bumper after someone threw a driveshaft down the hwy when I lived in VA last spring).
Old 01-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Anybody that puts money into modifying these cars expecting a return on investment needs to think again. I mod my car for personal enjoyment

Originally Posted by maverik259
what do you mean exactly with "get his $$ out of the mods," whens the last time anyone made money on their modifications unless you're in the car restoration biz, and even then its a fine line of how much to actually do before you overdue it and then begin just pissing your money away.

Modz for me at least, or for ME. I never expect to get $$ out of the mods. Even the bolt on stuff in which I still retain the OEM components, I still take a loss when selling it later (assuming I can ever get it sold). I've still been sitting on some brand new aftermarket products from my C230 that I can't get a nibble over 50% of my original purchase price, lol. I just want it gone but I'm probably gonna have to give it away soon, lol!

PS Build is sick bro. If I had $9k to throw at my C55 I would. I'm tapped after just adding the clk63 front bumper (which I needed a new bumper after someone threw a driveshaft down the hwy when I lived in VA last spring).
It will cost alot more than $9k for the mods he has. Even the SC kit alone will cost more since the basic 55k kit costs around that.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anybody that puts money into modifying these cars expecting a return on investment needs to think again. I mod my car for personal enjoyment

It will cost alot more than $9k for the mods he has. Even the SC kit alone will cost more since the basic 55k kit costs around that.
Update. The car had a full test done on it. Compression is fine on all cylinders, as are the spark plugs (new from kit) and coil pack too. They did discover that on the leak down test cylinder 1 has a 25% loss compared to an acceptable 5% loss on the exhaust valve. They gave me an estimate of how much the labor and parts to fix the problem would be and I think it's very fair. It could be just the springs or worse case a bent exhaust valve. At least it's not the piston rings.

Btw...I have not paid them a penny for all the work and parts they put into my project yet. They gave me a $2K discount on the kit but no labor for installation (kit cost me $6.5K). With all the R&D coming out of their own pocket to develop a kit that others won't have to pay custom work for, I think they are serving the mod community well. The only things I will pay extra for are for the rear trunk tank (with pump inside - my old one did not) and AC compressor that went out. I think it will turn out to be a bad *** kit when the project is completed this month latest.

Last edited by AMGSC; 01-14-2014 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Updated pricing
Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Sounds like Weistec is really hooking you up. Don't think they would appreciate you posting what you paid for the kit
Old 01-15-2014, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sounds like Weistec is really hooking you up. Don't think they would appreciate you posting what you paid for the kit
Obviously this price was only based on lending my car to them for prototyping for an extended period of time. I gave up the use of my car for over half a year as a trade-off. Not too many people are willing to do that.

It's not like others here are going to negotiate a deal to get this kit for $6.5K. This was an R&D project and I only paid for the hardware.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lenin
The only amazing thing about this thread is that a shop kept a guy's car for over 6 months, took a lot of his $$$, the guy appears to be happy for now while the car is experiencing misfires and another shop is troubleshooting the issue and tuning the car. I would only call it interesting.
I think you misunderstood my post. Another shop did not troubleshoot my car this time. Dynocomp did a CR test right before they shipped it to Weistec. Dynocomp did not perform a leak down since all the cylinders were within 3% of each other. A leakdown test will still catch things a CR test won't. In this case Weistec performed the leakdown test and caught the problem.

Nothing so far as made me doubt Weistec's integrity or credibility.

I just recalled that I had my exhaust valve openings ported. I wonder if Vadim over-ported them which may have caused the leakdown. The intake and exhaust valves are all custom and larger than stock.

Last edited by AMGSC; 01-15-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by maverik259

+1, you couldn't have said it any better. I mod my car for the personal enjoyment I get out of it. It's a 0% ROI

@AMGSC, thanks for the update! Glad to see it's coming along well.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Do you still want it for $1,000 shipped regardless of condition? I was planning on sending it to Kleemann for repair but if you want it sooner.

I can just tell Steve to send it to you directly after you Paypal the money to me. PM me and I will give you my PayPal ID.
You said this over 4 months ago and now are trying to sell it in another thread? Talk about a man of his word
Old 01-28-2014, 10:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 C55 black on black aka DVS C55, 2007 C230 sport silver on black for the boss

I'm in North Bethesda, MD.

Last edited by EDgineered; 01-28-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: clarification

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec 3Litre SC for C55 Project