Weistec 3Litre SC for C55 Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2014 | 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 350 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
You said this over 4 months ago and now are trying to sell it in another thread? Talk about a man of his word
OMG <....!?!....>

ZAYED,,
Old 01-30-2014 | 07:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by AMGSC
....They gave me an estimate of how much the labor and parts to fix the problem would be and I think it's very fair....
I would be more concerned about getting a deadline for getting these repairs done because very little (if anything) will be done on the car until this serious issue is fixed.

....Btw...I have not paid them a penny for all the work and parts they put into my project yet....
So basically, you are at their mercy with respect to completion date. You haven't paid them a thing so they can dictate the completion date and everything else regarding the project.
If that sits ok with you, I envy your patience.

....I think it will turn out to be a bad *** kit when the project is completed this month latest.
So .... the month is over. Is the project completed?
Old 01-30-2014 | 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I just called them and the car is on the lift. Getting cylinder 1 exhaust valve leak repaired.

No signs of engine damage, i.e. rings, pistons, etc...

No other car will jump in front of mine from now on. They will work continuously on it until it is completely street and track ready.

It may take a few days but I don't think longer than a week. By this time, next week, I think I will be reporting back that I have the car in my hands again.

I paid them half of the amount INCLUDING the repair of cylinder 1 exhaust valve and the total is just slightly over $9K!!!! Talk about fair priced!

I don't think they are taking advantage of anybody. They are an AAAAAA++++++ company despite how long it is taking. The market for this kit is TINY and yet the task of creating this kit was not easy at all.

Last edited by AMGSC; 01-30-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2014 | 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Update

Another minor snag....After opening up the heads they discovered that cylinder 1's exhaust valve was not sealing/seating properly.

The decided to replace the exhaust valve as well as the two intake valves but learned that they are not OEM but all of them are oversized titanium valves. I just hope that the ported valve openings on cylinder 1 are not the problem.

i have to call REV (Racing Engine Valves) to reorder the replacements but am afraid they may not have saved the specs as these valves were custom made per Vadim Fedorosky's specs.

I don't think that REV would purge their database/archives of specs after only 5 years as the valves were made in 2009.

If they have the specs then I can should have the replacement valves to Weistec in a few days latest.
Old 02-09-2014 | 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
when did you put "titanium" valves in and why might i add...just to help put off the increased pressure of the FI?
Old 02-09-2014 | 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Originally Posted by maverik259
when did you put "titanium" valves in and why might i add...just to help put off the increased pressure of the FI?

Lighter weight and also stronger.
Old 02-09-2014 | 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Lw strength less mass in valve train helps avoid valve float at high rpm with more aggressive cam profile.

I had a set of titanium retainers installed when I did my Pte cams. Pte provided these.
Old 02-10-2014 | 05:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not an AMG :(
....I just recalled that I had my exhaust valve openings ported. I wonder if Vadim over-ported them which may have caused the leakdown. The intake and exhaust valves are all custom and larger than stock.
You wrote the above on Jan 15th. I assume you told Weistec that you had custom valves in this motor immediately after you learned the leak-down performed by Weistec yielded bad results (as per your post on January 14th)?

(Feb 8th) Another minor snag....After opening up the heads they discovered that cylinder 1's exhaust valve was not sealing/seating properly.

The decided to replace the exhaust valve as well as the two intake valves but learned that they are not OEM but all of them are oversized titanium valves. I just hope that the ported valve openings on cylinder 1 are not the problem.
But you've always known you had custom valves.
Why are Weistec learning (at this late stage) that you have a motor full of custom stuff and that sourcing new valves is probably now going to hold up the project?

Maybe you already did this, but why weren't you calling REV on the 15th of Jan asking them about the possibility of replacing these custom valves?

....i have to call REV (Racing Engine Valves) to reorder the replacements but am afraid they may not have saved the specs as these valves were custom made per Vadim Fedorosky's specs....

....If they have the specs then I can should have the replacement valves to Weistec in a few days latest.
For the sake of disclosure, how much does Weistec know about what has gone on with your car over the past 8 years?
Are they aware of the HPS, SI, and Vadim sagas?
It seems to me that because of the above fiascos in the past, if you dig deep enough and go through your motor with a fine-toothed comb, you are going to find multiple problems (such as this current one).

While it may look like I am constantly harping on about the time component of your project, I truly hope this issue is addressed swiftly so that they can get to tune your motor.
Like you, I have been on this forum for a good while now. I've seen many of your projects described on the forum, but I've never seen a single one of them completed satisfactorily (objectively).

I'm going to stay out of your thread from now on. Here's hoping that Weistec finally solve the gremlins that have plagued your motor, and give you the end result you've been waiting for since 2006.
Old 02-10-2014 | 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes the valves are being sent to REV via express parcel for a duplicate set to be made for cylinder 1. Weistec did not know the valves were the problem until they called my last Thursday. They only inferred that from the leakdown test. They did not open it up until Thursday.

And yes I did disclose to Steve and everybody else at Weistec from the beginning that the valves were custom as well as the lower compression pistons, rings and rods.

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
You wrote the above on Jan 15th. I assume you told Weistec that you had custom valves in this motor immediately after you learned the leak-down performed by Weistec yielded bad results (as per your post on January 14th)?

But you've always known you had custom valves.
Why are Weistec learning (at this late stage) that you have a motor full of custom stuff and that sourcing new valves is probably now going to hold up the project?

Maybe you already did this, but why weren't you calling REV on the 15th of Jan asking them about the possibility of replacing these custom valves?

For the sake of disclosure, how much does Weistec know about what has gone on with your car over the past 8 years?
Are they aware of the HPS, SI, and Vadim sagas?
It seems to me that because of the above fiascos in the past, if you dig deep enough and go through your motor with a fine-toothed comb, you are going to find multiple problems (such as this current one).

While it may look like I am constantly harping on about the time component of your project, I truly hope this issue is addressed swiftly so that they can get to tune your motor.
Like you, I have been on this forum for a good while now. I've seen many of your projects described on the forum, but I've never seen a single one of them completed satisfactorily (objectively).

I'm going to stay out of your thread from now on. Here's hoping that Weistec finally solve the gremlins that have plagued your motor, and give you the end result you've been waiting for since 2006.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-10-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2014 | 11:09 PM

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
It´s quite funny how people choose to ramble about this project.
I´m from Sweden and follows it with joy, i´m not a hobbylawyer trying to accuse someone or set things straight for the public on distance.
Kind of silly actually as we don´t know the chain of happenings.
Either it´s selfneglected jealosity or just jealosity, i dunno *lol*

Top tip from Sweden and a hobbyheadporter:
About titaniumthingy´s in valvetrain in an 'streetcar'?, not the first choise to do if you ask me.
Yes it´s lighter and maybe stronger, but they don´t cope with wear that good as you might think.
They got in almost every case a coating to adress this wearproblem, once gone through the coating things go bad quickly.
Have been adressing this problem in many many Honda CRF250r heads.
I always replaces the valves with top quality stainless valves.
And they acheive way longer serviceintervals, valvecheck std is about 15-20hours running if i remember correctly.
With stainless,,, forget them.(well, almost anyway)

Not saying it´s a bad choice thou, it´s top notch with titanium, but one should be aware that mileage can be quite low.
In a raceengine, fine
In a streetengine, think over your choice a couple of times

Best regards
Patrick
Old 02-11-2014 | 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by swedepat
It´s quite funny how people choose to ramble about this project.
I´m from Sweden and follows it with joy, i´m not a hobbylawyer trying to accuse someone or set things straight for the public on distance.
Kind of silly actually as we don´t know the chain of happenings.
Either it´s selfneglected jealosity or just jealosity, i dunno *lol*

Top tip from Sweden and a hobbyheadporter:
About titaniumthingy´s in valvetrain in an 'streetcar'?, not the first choise to do if you ask me.
Yes it´s lighter and maybe stronger, but they don´t cope with wear that good as you might think.
They got in almost every case a coating to adress this wearproblem, once gone through the coating things go bad quickly.
Have been adressing this problem in many many Honda CRF250r heads.
I always replaces the valves with top quality stainless valves.
And they acheive way longer serviceintervals, valvecheck std is about 15-20hours running if i remember correctly.
With stainless,,, forget them.(well, almost anyway)

Not saying it´s a bad choice thou, it´s top notch with titanium, but one should be aware that mileage can be quite low.
In a raceengine, fine
In a streetengine, think over your choice a couple of times

Best regards
Patrick
Good point. I thought Vadim told me that were titanium but I better verify with REV right now.
Old 02-26-2014 | 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

QUICK UPDATE

New set of 24 oversized stainless racing valves will arrive at Weistec tomorrow and they will do a complete valve job along with upgrading the head bolts to ARP head studs to prevent the heads from lifting or causing a bent valve under high pressure.

Should be a very healthy engine before they perform final tuning!

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-26-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2014 | 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

geez bud this sounds like its gettin crazy expensive fast!
Old 02-26-2014 | 11:49 PM

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
Good job!
Now with stainless valves be sure they´ve got 'hardchromed' shaft if you are running std ironguides.
Otherwise, bronzeguides are reguired, can be fixed with 'k-lines' sleeves.
Then,, you will have a servicefree setup
Old 02-27-2014 | 12:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 C55 black on black aka DVS C55, 2007 C230 sport silver on black for the boss
New set of 24 oversized stainless racing valves will arrive at Weistec tomorrow and they will do a complete valve job along with upgrading the head bolts to ARP head studs to prevent the heads from lifting or causing a bent valve under high pressure.

Should be a very healthy engine before they perform final tuning!

Thanks for being the pioneer on a project like this and thanks for the continued updates.
Old 02-27-2014 | 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Kleemann SC kit without heat exchanger

I fixed the Kleemann SCso if anyone is interested in buying it for $4K. It's yours. It includes a brand new fuel kit that is still in the box. Only thing you need is a heat exchanger which you can buy from Weistec, Kleemann, etc.. for a couple of hundred bucks.
Old 02-28-2014 | 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I learned this morning that REV sent 16 exhaust valves and 8 intake valves when it should have been the other way around.

Lost of few more days as Weistec was putting the valves in when they discovered the mismatch. Now REV must make and ship 8 more intake valves!

Incredible for a company that makes only 1 thing. Valves!

BTW...The Kleemann kit is in excellent condition. It just needed the plastic coupler replaced. It now spins as smooth as silk/butter.

If I don't get any decent offers, I am thinking of buying a 2007 SLK55 and throwing this baby on it.

Also shopping for a 2008 CLK BS with a budget of around $55K and throw a Weistec on it.
Old 02-28-2014 | 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol must be nice to have FU money!
Old 03-01-2014 | 04:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I learned this morning that REV sent 16 exhaust valves and 8 intake valves when it should have been the other way around.

Lost of few more days as Weistec was putting the valves in when they discovered the mismatch. Now REV must make and ship 8 more intake valves!

Incredible for a company that makes only 1 thing. Valves!

BTW...The Kleemann kit is in excellent condition. It just needed the plastic coupler replaced. It now spins as smooth as silk/butter.

If I don't get any decent offers, I am thinking of buying a 2007 SLK55 and throwing this baby on it.

Also shopping for a 2008 CLK BS with a budget of around $55K and throw a Weistec on it.
Lol so your price jumped 2500 for replacing a plastic coupler? You're a funny guy. No wonder the last buyer backed out.

Umm good luck finding a CLK black for under $55k
Old 03-02-2014 | 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG & 2010 E350
Originally Posted by maverik259
lol must be nice to have FU money!
Lol! Nice.
Old 03-03-2014 | 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol so your price jumped 2500 for replacing a plastic coupler? You're a funny guy. No wonder the last buyer backed out.

Umm good luck finding a CLK black for under $55k
You had your chance and you missed the opportunity. As for the BS. There are several on Autotrader under 55K with around 50K+ miles on them.

If I'm going to a stage 3, the engine would be refurbished/upgraded anyway.
Old 03-03-2014 | 07:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
You had your chance and you missed the opportunity. As for the BS. There are several on Autotrader under 55K with around 50K+ miles on them.

If I'm going to a stage 3, the engine would be refurbished/upgraded anyway.
Go read through the posts again. You just never could keep your word. It's all documented publicly. What happened to the last buyer? Wonder why that fell through lol

Good luck with that. The engine build doesn't come with stage 3.

Hope your car is done soon so we can see the results

Last edited by blackbenzz; 03-03-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2014 | 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Go read through the posts again. You just never could keep your word. It's all documented publicly. What happened to the last buyer? Wonder why that fell through lol

Good luck with that. The engine build doesn't come with stage 3.

Hope your car is done soon so we can see the results
I had a guy who wanted to take it AS-IS no guarantee for $1500. Anthony saw my plastic coupler still wrapped/boxed alongside the new fuel kit and decided to open the SC to check it and found that the old coupler completely disintegrated. He put the new coupler in and Voila! the thing spins like a charm. He told me I could get at least $4K for it so that is what I posted it for. I got several interested buyers now that have PMd me but Cory wanted to rebuild it for $2500 even though he has not even inspected it. I like the Kleemann guys but they are a business too and need to make money. I personally don't think it needs to be rebuilt as it has a total of less than 16K miles on it.

As for the CLK BS, I would perform a leakdowna and CR check if the milieage is over 50K.
Old 03-04-2014 | 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

More info on the Kleemann SC kit

By the way, I will include my oversized ASP crank pulley (170mm vs. 153mm stock), 3 different sized SC pulleys (75mm, 70mm, 60mm) so you can adjust the boost to your desire. I will ALSO include the DUEL 3" STAINLESS STEEL INTAKE PIPES WITH brand new K&N cone filters FREE! PLUS I will throw it the TRUNK TANK! FREE! as long as you pay for shipping.
Old 03-04-2014 | 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
So I'm clear about today's deal: This blower has not been inspected by kleemann?

You just changed an obvious bad part?

Thx.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec 3Litre SC for C55 Project