C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Aftermarket NAV/bluetooth.... etc units

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Hi guys. I love my '05 C55, and now that it has transformed from a weekend driver to a daily driver, the need for Hands-free calling is a must. I've scoped the threads here, and am trying to come to a strategy I should pursue. I do not have the COMAND head unit. I have the H/K non-COMAND unit.

As much as I enjoy factory installed equipment it seems that it may be better to go aftermarket because of Bluetooth capability. I don't want to buy used MB equipment and going to the dealer I'm sure will cost substantially more. I'm going to leave the installation To the pros.

Crutchfield is a great place to research. The in-dash navi units seem to be a blast and have a nice inconspicuous look to them. They offer Bluetooth, steering wheel button adaptability, and of course navigation. I really don't need navi, and I came across the Parrot series - namely th ck100 or mki 9200. These units offer Bluetooth but no navi and are cheaper than the navi units. I don't like how they mount, but it's a definite option. Can you please help me with any experience you may have?

Reading about MOST and pucks (which I don't have) and other info is quite confusing, and I'm thinking aftermarket in-dash navi units or parrots are the way to go?

Tks.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
Do you guys know how to change the time in the car without a command unit? Since I have aftermarket radio I can't seem to change my time...
Old 03-21-2014, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
At the home screen, directly on the time display, press screen and hold for 5 seconds. The clock menu will appear. Press on desired time or date needing to be changed.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:11 AM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by saer1one
At the home screen, directly on the time display, press screen and hold for 5 seconds. The clock menu will appear. Press on desired time or date needing to be changed.
Thanks, I know how to on the app radio but I meant on the car where it displays under the speedometer next to the temp. That clock used to be set using the oem radio.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
I've always changed it through the steering wheel controls, the ones on the left side. I can't remember exactly which main menu it's on, but if you flip through them, then flip through the sub menu, you should be able to find clock adjust. LOL - does no one read their owner's manual anymore?
Old 03-21-2014, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
gnma,

I hear ya man, my DVD drive stopped working in my COMAND so my nav does not work, plus this unit is way out-dated now. I searched the DVD drive part # after taking the nav unit apart and looking at it and a remanufactured one is $300...almost might as well get something aftermarket for maybe $500 or so.

Just out of curiosity, I went to the Benz dealer and gave them the same part # to check..............$1,048
Old 03-21-2014, 07:09 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Saaboteur
I've always changed it through the steering wheel controls, the ones on the left side. I can't remember exactly which main menu it's on, but if you flip through them, then flip through the sub menu, you should be able to find clock adjust. LOL - does no one read their owner's manual anymore?
I'm lazy to bust it out but I'm gonna have to for this bad boy
Old 03-21-2014, 07:13 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by C230 Mulac
gnma, I hear ya man, my DVD drive stopped working in my COMAND so my nav does not work, plus this unit is way out-dated now. I searched the DVD drive part # after taking the nav unit apart and looking at it and a remanufactured one is $300...almost might as well get something aftermarket for maybe $500 or so. Just out of curiosity, I went to the Benz dealer and gave them the same part # to check..............$1,048
They said that Mercedes will roll out this by the end of the year for older models....

Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by shaun.barnard
Have any of you tried these Dynavin aftermarket nav touchscreen "COMAND" units? I would post a pic but don't know why I cant upload pics
Hi Shaun,

Havent read the whole thread, but I was looking around for the CLS and also stumbled across this unit.. Of interest for the CLS at least, and I would presume for your model as well, this dynavin unit has been updated, or you can download and update the operating system to Android, this is a huge plus and can probably run anything bud!! such a huge plus.. Looks faster in operation and quite a nice upgrade!

Hmmmm... what to do???
Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 AM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Hey, who knew the owners manual had such good info in it I found out that there is a setting hidden in some sub menu that you have to turn off the sync to the command unit first, then you can go back to the time sub menu and actually change the time.

While i was there i set my auto backup mirror up as well - hehe. The previous owner didn't know the car had any of these options... hell he was shocked when i asked him if the headlight washers worked... he didn't know what that was or where the button for it was
Old 03-25-2014, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Hah! I love the mirror tilt on reverse function. I only wish there was a way to tilt both mirrors instead of just the passenger side.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:19 AM

C55 AMG
its def. useful. Now that i have a backup camera and the tilt, i really have no excuse to curb rash my wheels.