C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Just purchased 05' C55 today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' C55, 4runner
Just purchased 05' C55 today!

Well I purchased a black on black 83k miles C55. It has a clean carfax, and 3 pages of all dealer servicing. I love the car!!

So I have been reading on here for only about a week. I am really into performance, and love the power it has, but always crave more. I have read so many pages of bolt-ons, but there were a ton of old 2-4 year old posts, and was hoping there might be latest and greatest bolt ons.

Looking for:

ECU Tune
TCU Tune
Air Intake

I have read on headers, but did not see any dyno numbers before and after. I will port the Throttle body and Intake manifold myself. I have owned a performance shop for over 10 years and that is one of my specialties. Hope to pick up 5-15whp but will see.

I am wondering if anybody had dynoed the Tunes before and after and all.

Thanks everybody
Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! For an ECU tune, I see a lot of owners that have had luck with Eurocharged, Kleemann and Renntech. As for a TCU tune, you might want to do some more research as I've seen some conflicting results on the effectiveness and reliability of this. Your choices for an aftermarket air intake are pretty much Renntech or Needswings. I can vouch personally for the results of the Renntech one. There are some before and after dynos of Evosport headers for the C55 on this forum somewhere. I'll try to find them for you..
Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
Welcome to the Forum! Enjoy your car!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:27 PM

05' C55, 4runner
Thanks everybody. I have had a SRT6 a few years ago, and are very familiar with Needs wing and Eurocharged.

I had Eurocharded tune, and pulley on my SRT6, and was very happy. Anybody know who I am referring too?

So are there any other bolt-ons that I am missing?

Headers are fine and all, but usually not really worth the money for parts, labor and very little power gain, but could be wrong with this car...

I love nitrous, and have had on about half of my 83 cars I have owned...including the SRT6, it made 353whp, and on a 150 NXpress kit (50/50 mix 93 oct & 110 oct) Made 494 whp. I know a lot of people don't like nos, but any other crazy bolt ons that I am missing?

Last edited by brian3008; 10-07-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I think long tube headers have the biggest gains at like 50 WHP anything else isnt going to make a big difference. check with MBH on the gains they advertise here all the time.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2019 C43 AMG
Congrats on the new ride!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:07 PM

05' C55, 4runner
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
I think long tube headers have the biggest gains at like 50 WHP anything else isnt going to make a big difference. check with MBH on the gains they advertise here all the time.

WOW, that is crazy power gain. I went to their website last week, and didn't see prices or dyno, only a video of their car hallin booty! lol

I will look in to that!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Headers are the best single power modification you can do for these cars because the primary cats are very restrictive and also the pipe between the manifold and cat is very small. Go with either Kleemann mid-length headers or MBH long tubes. Both of which require exhaust fabrication to install, but is most definitely worth it. Other than exhaust and a supercharger, there isn't much else available for these cars. Check out dre's thread, his car is the fastest N/A C55 that I know of.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 C55 black on black aka DVS C55, 2007 C230 sport silver on black for the boss
Originally Posted by brian3008
Well I purchased a black on black 83k miles C55. It has a clean carfax, and 3 pages of all dealer servicing. I love the car!!

So I have been reading on here for only about a week. I am really into performance, and love the power it has, but always crave more. I have read so many pages of bolt-ons, but there were a ton of old 2-4 year old posts, and was hoping there might be latest and greatest bolt ons.

Looking for:

ECU Tune
TCU Tune
Air Intake

I have read on headers, but did not see any dyno numbers before and after. I will port the Throttle body and Intake manifold myself. I have owned a performance shop for over 10 years and that is one of my specialties. Hope to pick up 5-15whp but will see.

Thanks everybody
Congrats. I recently picked up a black on black C55 with 88k. 12.87 in 1/4.

I just picked up a set of shorty headers on ebay and will let you know how it goes. There is a guy on Youtube with an slk55 and also in another forum that has these same headers and says there were some gains w/o all of the noise. In one of his threads he has a dyno chart. I will have to find in on my house computer and post it...I also grabbed one of the lightweight pulleys. As far as I can tell it is all AMS stuff on the cheap. I have read many ups and downs on the pulley and I think just install the thing properly and it will be fine....

Also, I found a spot in Jersey that upgrades the valve body for the trans, not sure if Im gonna go the TCU or the valvebody route, still doing homework on these scenarios, any input from anyone on these?

Put up a post once you have ported the MAF and TB.....
Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by brian3008

Looking for:

ECU Tune
TCU Tune
Air Intake

Thanks everybody
If the car is still NA, and I assume it is, don't waste your money on an ECU or TCU tune. Dynos have shown little to no gain. Exhaust and intake would be a better way to go initially!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by EDgineered
Congrats. I recently picked up a black on black C55 with 88k. 12.87 in 1/4.

I just picked up a set of shorty headers on ebay and will let you know how it goes. There is a guy on Youtube with an slk55 and also in another forum that has these same headers and says there were some gains w/o all of the noise. In one of his threads he has a dyno chart. I will have to find in on my house computer and post it...I also grabbed one of the lightweight pulleys. As far as I can tell it is all AMS stuff on the cheap. I have read many ups and downs on the pulley and I think just install the thing properly and it will be fine....

Also, I found a spot in Jersey that upgrades the valve body for the trans, not sure if Im gonna go the TCU or the valvebody route, still doing homework on these scenarios, any input from anyone on these?

Put up a post once you have ported the MAF and TB.....
Not stock it didn't!!! Modded, quite possibly yes, BUT I've never seen a stock C55 break into the 12s.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:59 AM

2005 C55 black on black aka DVS C55, 2007 C230 sport silver on black for the boss
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Not stock it didn't!!! Modded, quite possibly yes, BUT I've never seen a stock C55 break into the 12s.
Current performance Mods: 1/2 tread 255s conti extreme contacts and dry K&Ns.

12.87 @ 107.89 2nd week I had it Maryland International Raceway: 255s in the rear, Dry K&Ns, a piece I made to raise the airbox up 1/2inch on the MAF, Junk out of the truck, 1/2 tank of gas, 750rpm launch. Spun thru 60ft but not too bad. Have the time sheet up in the Best Drag times thread and on Drag Times. I was only able to make 1 pass as the big race the day before got rained out and pushed to the Test and Tune day.

The first week I had it with just the 255s and K&Ns with full trunk and 1/2 tank gas ran a 13.14 but spinning pretty good thru 60ft at Capitol Raceway in MD. I made a few passes in the 13.1x. When it cooled down and at ~11pm I ran a 108mph n change (best mph) but smoked em on launch. Capitol has a not-so-good pad, hard to hook.

Mine must have a well built M113....
Old 10-12-2013, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by EDgineered
Current performance Mods: 1/2 tread 255s conti extreme contacts and dry K&Ns.

12.87 @ 107.89 2nd week I had it Maryland International Raceway: 255s in the rear, Dry K&Ns, a piece I made to raise the airbox up 1/2inch on the MAF, Junk out of the truck, 1/2 tank of gas, 750rpm launch. Spun thru 60ft but not too bad. Have the time sheet up in the Best Drag times thread and on Drag Times. I was only able to make 1 pass as the big race the day before got rained out and pushed to the Test and Tune day.

The first week I had it with just the 255s and K&Ns with full trunk and 1/2 tank gas ran a 13.14 but spinning pretty good thru 60ft at Capitol Raceway in MD. I made a few passes in the 13.1x. When it cooled down and at ~11pm I ran a 108mph n change (best mph) but smoked em on launch. Capitol has a not-so-good pad, hard to hook.

Mine must have a well built M113....

Nice run! That's a new record for a stock C55!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:21 AM

C55 / S550 / Lexus IS300 (sold) / C63 (Sold) / SL500 (Sold) / Lambo Gallardo (RIP)
Congrats. I just picked up my C55 too loving it. White on Black All Options and 41,000 miles and loving it. Hope ur loving urs as much as i am
Old 10-16-2013, 07:04 PM

05' C55, 4runner
That is a Great time at the track stock! Well I have definitely decided to go with Needs Wings Intake set up. I just moved and new job, so going to wait a month, but cant wait to get it! I emailed them and got a instant email and all my questions answered! High 5!

I was wondering if anybody lived in the DFW Texas area that I could hear the Resonator delete before I get it done.. I have had 82 cars, and most of them loud, so I am loving the ride and noise now, but wouldn't mind a little more.

Also has anybody tried a Lithium Ion battery in these cars? I am thinking the 40-50ish pounds would make a nice difference and a all around good mod...