C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

P0410 secondary air-pump issue help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question P0410 secondary air-pump issue help...

Ok last 2 days over weekend this code shows up. I just took car out of storage this past Saturday and it drove fine all Saturday then Sunday on my way about 1.5 miles to get gas and coffee I notice my engine light on...car was smooth thru all. Once I got home I scanned it an only code was p0410 now I erased code and used car rest of day Sunday and no engine code...I was rearranging cars in garage and turned on C32 to warm up while I clean up some stuff anyways engine light was back on and scan shows same error. I have been working on area near secondary air pump such as having belt removed to test SC pulley to check SC pulley bearing to identify if upon turning full SC pulley if it makes any noise signifying bad bearing anyways sound clip in another thread I made here https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...now-sound.html anyways purpose of this thread is to get opinions and if possible schematic so I can check everything around secondary airpump to make sure it isn't the pump itself...now upon first turning on car I can here it turn on but it's sounds wrong like something may be broken in it.....but like I said I've worked around area so it could be possible something important lose that's why I'm requesting a schematic...I have a pulley saver kit installed and everything appears tightly in place...but pump makes a sound like maybe something loose or broken that air sounds louder then normal...this seems tricky but I'd hate to waste money on a new or used bump. Is there a way to check pump itself out of car to see if same sound appears? TIA

!!!!ISSUE FIXED LOOSE HOSE!!!!

Last edited by c32used; 05-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.