Evosport Stage I on Tuesday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Evosport Stage I on Tuesday

Am taking my C32 to Evosport on Tuesday for Stage I plus SL55 intake splitter. Any suggestions from those of you who have already done it as to things to do/ask for at Evosport? I plan to ask them to do a before and after dyno (I did a dyno at a local shop here and got 288 HP and 283 TQ (which seems to be about standard on 91 octane). I saw someone mention that Evosport might be offering a 190mm pulley. Is this true? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Nissan 350Z
I just did the EXACT same upgrade at the end of January...you'll love it. Unfortunately, dyno was down so I couldnt get it done.

Evosport - Any status update of the K&N filters?
Old 02-15-2004, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
i have he stage II upgrade! u'll love it vomit

Jerry
Old 02-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by ronnie0738
I just did the EXACT same upgrade at the end of January...you'll love it. Unfortunately, dyno was down so I couldnt get it done.

Evosport - Any status update of the K&N filters?
Ronnie,

While I am not provided with an exact date, I am told it will be very soon for the C32 filters to arrive.

As soon as I have more of a definitive answer - you will be among the first to know.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:28 PM

02 C32
I have a 2002 C32. If I were to purchase the SL55 intake splitter (y-pipe?) from Evosport, does it use the current intake setup without any modifications? Would I be able to upgrade to the full SL55 intake without any problems or mods? I would like to install these items myself. I am assuming the K&N filters are drop-ins?

Also, what is the update with the 190mm pulley? I'd like to purchase the OPDS, but if the 190mm pulley is due soon, I'll wait.
Any recommendations for shops in the NY/NJ/CT area?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by c32-driver
I have a 2002 C32. If I were to purchase the SL55 intake splitter (y-pipe?) from Evosport, does it use the current intake setup without any modifications? Would I be able to upgrade to the full SL55 intake without any problems or mods? I would like to install these items myself. I am assuming the K&N filters are drop-ins?

Also, what is the update with the 190mm pulley? I'd like to purchase the OPDS, but if the 190mm pulley is due soon, I'll wait.
Any recommendations for shops in the NY/NJ/CT area?

Thanks in advance.
If you do not have the ODPS system on your C32, you will not benefit much from the SL55 splitter. At most, the splitter will add about 6-HP on ODPS-equipped vehicles. We are currently in development to an add-on to the SL55 intake we currently offer - we will report as soon as dyno numbers are received.

BTW - we are no longer selling nor recommending the K&Ns for the MBZ, we will be moving to our own filter (evosport brand) soon for your C32.

While the cotton-gauze filters allow more air to enter the engine, it also allows more dirt particles to pass, causing premature damage to your engine. We have seen disassembled engines with cotton gauze filters installed - it's not pretty. Foam filters will allow less air to pass as compared to a cotton-gauze, but in effect - will be much safer than the cotton-gauze types.

As for the 190mm pulley, we are still in development at this time. We are finding that the 190mm pulley is probably going to require the upgraded intercooler (also in development at this time) in order to run the additional boost safely. the 190mm pulley and intercooler will be extensively tested before anything is released - we should have something on the market later this year.

There is no reason to wait on the ODPS in the meantime, we will be offering the 190mm pulley separately to our existing ODPS clients when it becomes available. The pulley for the S/C is easily accessible when the change is ready.

There is no reason not to benefit from what your C32 can show you now, feel free to post/contact me if you have any further questions.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:48 PM

02 C32
Originally posted by tom @ evosport
If you do not have the ODPS system on your C32, you will not benefit much from the SL55 splitter. At most, the splitter will add about 6-HP on ODPS-equipped vehicles. We are currently in development to an add-on to the SL55 intake we currently offer - we will report as soon as dyno numbers are received.

If I buy just the splitter from Evosport, I assume I can add the full SL55 intake from the dealer without any modfications.

As for the 190mm pulley, we are still in development at this time. We are finding that the 190mm pulley is probably going to require the upgraded intercooler (also in development at this time) in order to run the additional boost safely. the 190mm pulley and intercooler will be extensively tested before anything is released - we should have something on the market later this year.

There is no reason to wait on the ODPS in the meantime, we will be offering the 190mm pulley separately to our existing ODPS clients when it becomes available. The pulley for the S/C is easily accessible when the change is ready.

Being able to change to the upgraded pully easily sounds great but I would not want to pay for an ODPS system, and then have to pay for another pulley in a few months.

There is no reason not to benefit from what your C32 can show you now, feel free to post/contact me if you have any further questions.

Thank you for the information. Hopefully, I can find someone in the NY/NJ area to do the installation.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Almost a Member!

If I buy just the splitter from Evosport, I assume I can add the full SL55 intake from the dealer without any modfications.
This is incorrect. The airboxes will need extensive work to fit to the C32 - please understand this is not a "bolt-on" operation.

Being able to change to the upgraded pully easily sounds great but I would not want to pay for an ODPS system, and then have to pay for another pulley in a few months.
The plan for the 190mm pulley is to be used with our upgraded intercooler upgrade - if you have no plans on upgrading the intercooler, I would not recommend the smaller pulley when purchasing the ODPS, we always inquire about the history of your Mercedes. The intercooler/pulley combo will require the extra cooling in order to make the additional boost and HP safely.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:32 PM

SLK32
Not completely applicable, but here is a test done on Airfilters for the MKIV Supra's.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
Old 03-05-2004, 06:04 PM

Ive said it over and over that K&Nsucks and that it sucks dirt into the engine...some people never learn i guess. Good that you all no longer recommend them, beats my why you all every did in the first place.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:14 PM

2006 Corvette Coupe
Question Intercooler -RADIATOR- Question

Tom -

I'm glad to see that Evosport is working on a upgraded intercooler. From following many postings, it seems that the thrust of the intercooler upgrade revolves around changing the core of the intercooler.

So Evosport has upgraded the intercooler coolant capacity by rerouting the intercooler coolant through a 6L modified washer fluid container and is looking at upgrading the air/water core.

Question: Has or will Evosport also look into upgrading the intercooler radiator? It seems to me that a proper intercooler upgrade must also provide a mechanism for removing heat from coolant. 6L of coolant is much better than the stock engine's single liter, but unless there is an infinite amount of coolant eventually the entire pool will heat up and require heat removal. Will for example, the current stage I/II upgrades be capable of withstanding a 40-min road track session?

Please let me know, I'm essentially ready for a stage I or II upgrade now and I'm heading to the track this weekend where I'll be running 40-min sessions.

Indeed, if the heat can be removed fast enough from the coolant than a 6L capacity might not even be needed. I for example, would like to see a separation between the washer fluid system and the intercooler coolant system and an upgraded radiator, in theory, might permit a 3L intercooler container stacked under/above a 3L washer fluid container and still have better performance.

Last edited by cschow; 03-05-2004 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:11 PM

I bought the sl55 splitter but I haven't installed mine yet. Within the next two weeks I want to put it on. I still need to buy filters, also find out which ones I need.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: Intercooler -RADIATOR- Question

Originally posted by cschow
Tom -

Please let me know, I'm essentially ready for a stage I or II upgrade now and I'm heading to the track this weekend where I'll be running 40-min sessions.

csshow,

Sorry for the delay, we had a dyno day, Hot Import Nights and a race this weekend to attend to! Glad to be back at the keyboard!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=62385

I forwarded your post to Vadim, he is planning to have an R&D C32 post within the next couple of days as seen in this post, hopefully he will be able to anwser all of your questions.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:24 PM

2006 Corvette Coupe
Sounds good, I know there's a bunch of us who are curious about the latest R&D results.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:29 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Tom,

What is the difference between the Evosport Stage I and Stage II.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 04-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by misu55
Tom,

What is the difference between the Evosport Stage I and Stage II.

Thanks,
Nick
Stage I (actually called EVO I) includes the following items:

ODPS with intercooler reservoir upgrade
Custom evosport/Powerchip software

The EVO II package adds the following items to EVO I:

SuperSprint Headers
EVOsport Ignition Upgrade (Plugs/Wires)
SL55 Intake Splitter

The EVO I upgrade is good for 50hp @ the wheels, while the EVO II is good for 79hp!

Regards,
Old 04-28-2004, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Evosport upgrades

Mr tom @ evosport:
From your quote:

"...The airboxes will need extensive work to fit to the C32 - please understand this is not a "bolt-on" operation... "

Could you please post some pictures, or anyone for that matter of how the car looks (engine) after the entire installation is done...

Also, if you could post an aprox charge for the parts & installation

Thanks

Wiedermann
Old 04-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: Evosport upgrades

Originally posted by Wiedermann
Mr tom @ evosport:
From your quote:

"...The airboxes will need extensive work to fit to the C32 - please understand this is not a "bolt-on" operation... "

Could you please post some pictures, or anyone for that matter of how the car looks (engine) after the entire installation is done...

Also, if you could post an aprox charge for the parts & installation

Thanks

Wiedermann
The process is not yet complete on our own C32. As soon as we have a finished product - this forum will be the first to see!
Old 04-28-2004, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Evosport SL55 Intake Splitter upgrades on C32 AMG

Will be looking for those pics!!!

Thanks for the update Mr tom @ evosport

Wiedermann