C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Electrical seat issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c32 amg
Electrical seat issues

Ok guys, my 2002 C32 is giving me problems. I have tried to search with no luck as I do not know what to call the problem. At times my front passenger seat and mirror will have no power. Other times the seat will move but it different directions than where it is being pushed to. Now all of a sudden out of the blue, the passenger seat switch is moving the drivers side seat. I am guessing my seat switch in the drivers door is going bad. I have read about taking it out and resoldering it. But as well the drivers switch for the passenger window wont work also. Any suggestions, anyone had this problem? Please help me. I have been working out of town and just got back to her. Trying to make sure she is 100% before I pass her fully over to my wife after she gets her license.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG and VW Touareg V8 TDI
Kramykram, I have had not dissimilar issues with my C32 and put them in a thread back in November. If you search under Rubberknuckle you will see them.
Did you do anything to the car to precipitate the problems; no dealer service or replacement of seat control units for instance. Your problems are worse than mine in that both of my seats went in the opposite direction to what the switches called for, and would not travel the whole distance. Your experience convinces me the problem involves the CAN Bus and probably needs a STAR session at the dealers to solve. I am still investigating and will post if I find a reply.
What do you drive after your wife gets her licence?

Last edited by Rubberknuckle; 12-26-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:09 PM

c32 amg
thanks for the info. I'm gonna set an appointment up if need be. I'm usually a diy guy and trying to just find a star reader. but no I haven't changed anything but the radio, interior wise anyways.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:16 AM

c32 amg
So now with my passenger seat controls, controlling my drivers seat. To add fuel to the fire, my mirror set to the drivers side will now control the passenger mirror but in the opposite direction. I talked to Mercedes of Clearlake and they told me a star session will not help. That I have a very bad electrical issue. Indeed I do. Already knew this one. Anyone in the Houston areas that k owns these cars by chance??
Old 02-08-2016, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
I have read about this issue before and I believe it was a bad computer but, I couldn't tell you what one. I don't know how much common (non performance) work Eurocharged does but they know as much as anybody about the C32.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:03 AM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by insame1
I have read about this issue before and I believe it was a bad computer but, I couldn't tell you what one. I don't know how much common (non performance) work Eurocharged does but they know as much as anybody about the C32.
Yes I've searched on the seat issue with no real luck. The mirror is different story and I just can't believe as old as this car is I am the first and only to have this problem. This is my first Mercedes and running into a problem like this I can't resolve makes me very sad.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:10 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C32 amg
Originally Posted by kramykram
Yes I've searched on the seat issue with no real luck. The mirror is different story and I just can't believe as old as this car is I am the first and only to have this problem. This is my first Mercedes and running into a problem like this I can't resolve makes me very sad.
It's the seat control module both drivers and passengers seem to be gone, does it drain ur battery?

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2016, 01:10 PM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by Morphh
It's the seat control module both drivers and passengers seem to be gone, does it drain ur battery?
No not draining the battery drivers side works fine. Just the passenger side is messing up
Old 02-08-2016, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c32
No not draining the battery drivers side works fine. Just the passenger side is messing up
I have been having issues with my C32 seats as well for a while now. Only certain functions work on my driver seat. I have replaced both the seat and door modules on the driver side and still nothing. Strange that one side would control the other. I would have thought the sides were independent. I'm in Katy btw
Old 02-08-2016, 06:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C32 amg
Originally Posted by elgato
I have been having issues with my C32 seats as well for a while now. Only certain functions work on my driver seat. I have replaced both the seat and door modules on the driver side and still nothing. Strange that one side would control the other. I would have thought the sides were independent. I'm in Katy btw
I had a blown fuse for the seats before
Old 02-08-2016, 06:30 PM

2002 c32
Originally Posted by Morphh
I had a blown fuse for the seats before
Hmm... Wouldn't a blown fuse stop all power though?
Old 02-08-2016, 07:02 PM

c32 amg
Yup exactly all fuses are good..elgato aren't you the guy on Facebook I spoke to?
Old 02-08-2016, 07:09 PM

2002 c32
Yup exactly all fuses are good..elgato aren't you the guy on Facebook I spoke to?
Ha yeah I'm on there too. Don't recognize your name.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:09 PM

c32 amg
OK problem solved. Replaced the passenger door control module and it fixed everything. Thanks for any input anyone added.