PLZ Help Picking an AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KIA Cadenza
Question PLZ Help Picking an AMG

Hello ,
How are you all doing ? My name is Khaled , I just joined here , I've getting a lot of info from all of you for the past years.

I am looking to have the AMG experience after owning Kia Cadenza "K7 which is lovley". AMG's are not really famous or easy to find back in my country " Saudi Arabia , UAE Dubai " but now Im in the US finishing my BS degree in Finance.

so I would like your opinion, I found 2 AMG cars that I like , the 1st one is an W208 ClK55 2001 , white and clean. what I Don't like about it is the Wheels , he sold the monoblonk AMG Wheels and got an after market Wheels that I Don't really like , the car has around 150k , the other car is a C32 AMG 2003 , with 130k really clean ,Stock and the color is black , Both cars Have service records the C32 has all Service records
I have been getting Mix Info about the C32 reliability and problems " Yes I have Been searching the internet". there is a 900 $ more for the C32 , " I couldn't find any C55 Near me Plz if you know one for sale or someone is up to sell please let me know , I Live In Nashville TN , willing to travel up to 6h.

Please Help me Pick one. Im willing to learn How to DIY since I got free time.

Thank you so much for your time.
regards ,
Khaled.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:51 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
C32 amg
Originally Posted by KhaledAMG
Hello ,
How are you all doing ? My name is Khaled , I just joined here , I've getting a lot of info from all of you for the past years.

I am looking to have the AMG experience after owning Kia Cadenza "K7 which is lovley". AMG's are not really famous or easy to find back in my country " Saudi Arabia , UAE Dubai " but now Im in the US finishing my BS degree in Finance.

so I would like your opinion, I found 2 AMG cars that I like , the 1st one is an W208 ClK55 2001 , white and clean. what I Don't like about it is the Wheels , he sold the monoblonk AMG Wheels and got an after market Wheels that I Don't really like , the car has around 150k , the other car is a C32 AMG 2003 , with 130k really clean ,Stock and the color is black , Both cars Have service records the C32 has all Service records
I have been getting Mix Info about the C32 reliability and problems " Yes I have Been searching the internet". there is a 900 $ more for the C32 , " I couldn't find any C55 Near me Plz if you know one for sale or someone is up to sell please let me know , I Live In Nashville TN , willing to travel up to 6h.

Please Help me Pick one. Im willing to learn How to DIY since I got free time.

Thank you so much for your time.
regards ,
Khaled.
If u are good with tools c32 isnt that bad at, yes there are some issues that get frustrating but that could be said abt any car, I can't speak for clk55
Old 01-17-2016, 09:22 PM

KIA Cadenza
Originally Posted by Morphh
If u are good with tools c32 isnt that bad at, yes there are some issues that get frustrating but that could be said abt any car, I can't speak for clk55
Thank you for your reply , could you please tell me how reliable it is in geo , and is it hard to work on ? I haven't worked with MB engines but I'm eager to learn.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:27 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
C32 amg
Originally Posted by KhaledAMG
Thank you for your reply , could you please tell me how reliable it is in geo , and is it hard to work on ? I haven't worked with MB engines but I'm eager to learn.
Geo?
It's like working on any engine, there are main issues, seat draining battery, oil cooler gaskets, secondary air pump, make sure u have the good rad, I had crank wobble, belt tensioner replace, turn signal,
I have to drive my c32 in Toronto this winter, no problems with starting, but traction suks when snow on ground.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
My w208 CLK55 was pretty reliable. Biggest issues were the motor mounts went out, and a bad ballast on passenger side. While I loved my 2005 more on just looks alone, power aside, the 01 was more comfortable.

Go with one with the cleaner and more logged history. Personally, I would look for an all original example, with less miles.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:49 PM

KIA Cadenza
Originally Posted by Morphh
Geo?
It's like working on any engine, there are main issues, seat draining battery, oil cooler gaskets, secondary air pump, make sure u have the good rad, I had crank wobble, belt tensioner replace, turn signal,
I have to drive my c32 in Toronto this winter, no problems with starting, but traction suks when snow on ground.
Oh sorry I meant in General instead of "Geo" my bad , I found one 6h away 2003 with 125k and has all the services record , he doesn't use the car any more and need it gone that's it. I don't if I should go with it or wait. Anyway thank you so much for your time Morphh.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:53 PM

KIA Cadenza
Originally Posted by Nachtsturm
My w208 CLK55 was pretty reliable. Biggest issues were the motor mounts went out, and a bad ballast on passenger side. While I loved my 2005 more on just looks alone, power aside, the 01 was more comfortable.

Go with one with the cleaner and more logged history. Personally, I would look for an all original example, with less miles.
They are really hard to find over here , specially to find one with service records. Hope I could find the ONE. I think I'll test drive the C32 too.
Thank you so much for the reply Nachtsturm.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG
C55 AMG owner here, bought mine 6 hours south.. Took a plane to get it and drove back. Chose this one because it had a 100% perfect service record with everything replaced that needed it.. Essentially the biggest worry about the C55 are the motor mounts. Haven't had a single issue other than constantly debating on when I'll get a supercharger.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:53 PM

KIA Cadenza
Originally Posted by MrMustard
C55 AMG owner here, bought mine 6 hours south.. Took a plane to get it and drove back. Chose this one because it had a 100% perfect service record with everything replaced that needed it.. Essentially the biggest worry about the C55 are the motor mounts. Haven't had a single issue other than constantly debating on when I'll get a supercharger.
Thank you for the reply MrMustard. This same story here 6h but the car had all service records and he just got the car serviced , do you think the C32 is less reliable than the C55 due to the S/C ?
Old 01-21-2016, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 amg
honestly in my opinion my favorite amg is the c55 its a really fun car, if you can't find a c55 go for the c32 also a great car.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 amg
I'm getting a c55 very soon and it's my first MB, I found one in my area with 137k miles for a decent price, anything I should look out for? Any advice you can give me? Btw the car is in amazing condition in and out.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG
The c32 does have a few more issues than the c55 because of the sc, yes. However if it's been maintained then I wouldn't stress to much. My c55 was also my first MB, I came from owning a slew of modded turbo imports and love this c55 v8 because it's essentially an American v8, there aren't any fancy electronic engine controls to worry about.

The main thing to check on the c55 is whether the motor mounts have been replaced as that's a necessity around 80k. As many other c55 owners report, the highest cost to maintain this car is tires lol. There's a number of these throughout Russia and the U.K. that are well over 300k and still running like champs, so I'm confident in mine at only 70k
Old 01-22-2016, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
I love my C55 and prices are getting really low now. Doesn't bother me much because mine is paid off and I'm keeping it

OP, you can't go wrong with an AMG with plenty of service records. Mileage isn't as important as how well it has been maintained. GL!
Old 01-22-2016, 01:31 PM

KIA Cadenza
The c32 does have a few more issues than the c55 because of the sc, yes. However if it's been maintained then I wouldn't stress to much. My c55 was also my first MB, I came from owning a slew of modded turbo imports and love this c55 v8 because it's essentially an American v8, there aren't any fancy electronic engine controls to worry about.

The main thing to check on the c55 is whether the motor mounts have been replaced as that's a necessity around 80k. As many other c55 owners report, the highest cost to maintain this car is tires lol. There's a number of these throughout Russia and the U.K. that are well over 300k and still running like champs, so I'm confident in mine at only 70k
I've heard the same , thank you for the good info MrMustard , do you think the C32 will be a reliable car ? Comparing to the V8.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:37 PM

KIA Cadenza
Originally Posted by ghiaguy
I love my C55 and prices are getting really low now. Doesn't bother me much because mine is paid off and I'm keeping it

OP, you can't go wrong with an AMG with plenty of service records. Mileage isn't as important as how well it has been maintained. GL!
c55 indeed is a nice car , but couldn't find any in my area, I found one in a dealer for 14k ! Do you know if the C32 will still be reliable? I really like the size of it and the sleeper factor as well. The car has all service records with 137k for 6k I could talk him down a little.

Thank you so much for your reply GL.
Regards ,
Khaled.