C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Flat Tire Horror!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
Flat Tire Horror!

I just got a set of rear tires about 1,000 miles ago and wamo a flat tire. It took MB roadside 45 minutes to get to me. Once he finally got to me he took out my donut and inflated it. He then asked, "where are you lug nuts for the donut?" I replied with a, "huh".
I bought my car pre-owned and it is a MB-star marked car. Prior to taking ownership we asked if everything that needed replacing or replenishing is there. Their reply, "oh certainly".
I then needed to get my car towed, at my expense. The next morning I had to buy the lug nuts from the parts department and have the MB service center put on the donut. Once the donut was put on they tried putting the car in drive and moving. THE DONUT WAS RUBBING AGAINST THE ROTOR! CAN YOU BELIEVE BESIDES THE FACT THAT I HAD NO LUGNUTS; THE DONUT DIDN'T EVEN FIT MY CAR!
I had to jump through fiery hoops to get a loaner tire until my current matching tire is shipped.

Do you think i will be calling my dealer, YOUR DAMN RIGHT I WILL, THEY BETTER REIMBERCE ME FOR EVERYTHIG PLUS GIVE ME A FULL SIZE SPARE.

Thoughts?
Sorry for the gone with wind.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:00 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
hmm...this might be dumb, but what's a "donut" for the car?? and what lug nuts??

for 2002 we don't even have the spare and the spare for the regular C-sedan will not work for our car. you have to get a full size spare using the amg rim.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:21 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
A donut is a mini spare tire that fits in the truck when deflated and turns into a mini spare tire when inflated and the lug nuts are what was supposed to come with it because the ones that are used currently for our rims are too long and will damage the paarking brake. Although It wouldn't have made a difference because as you said and I have found out the hard way, "the spare tire for the C doesn’t fit our car"
Old 02-24-2004, 08:30 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
how did you get the donut anyway? did the dealer gave you that or you purchased it afterward?

for 02 all we got was a air pump and some stuff that you fixed the puncture with. I couldn't even find a screwdriver in the car. my 00 328Ci and my bro's 528 all had these tools. Even the IS300 came with bunch of tools other than the jackstand and that wrench you use to take unscrew the bolts.

anyways, I'm still thinking why did I mentioned "what lug nuts"

edit: nevermind, I was thinking were we suppose to get those lug nuts even those we don't have the spare.

Last edited by FrankW; 02-24-2004 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
i'm selling my stock C32 rims if any of you need spares..
Old 02-24-2004, 09:35 PM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For everyone without a spare....

The 45 minute wait, just to meet up with an MB service car without the proper C32 rim is exactly why carrying your own C32 rim/tire is advisable. If they don't have a mounted rim and tire ready to go when they arrive, you are in for a vacation in an undisclosed location.

For a proper spare, you need a real, stock AMG, front 17x7.5 inch with 225 tread. That setup can fit on either end of the car, clear calipers, use the stock lugs etc. It even fits in the trunk.

I don't think there is a donut that can fit the C32. Any donut would need certainly need special shorter lugs.

Sorry to hear about the problems, but the donut you had was just a placebo.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:07 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
the C7 evolution rim will work as well.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:37 AM

w212 E63 / 996tt
Frank,
To be honest, when I bought the car the donut spare was already there. Obviously the dealer put it there.

Dink,
Thanks, but no thanks. I have been in talks with the dealer who sold me the car and am trying to negotiate for a full size spare.

rrf,
"the donut you had was just a placebo"
you are spot on with that

Hopefully they give in and order me the full size spare.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
if you call MB roadside assistance and wait 45 mins for them to come, and you don't even try to fix it yourself or know where your stuff is in the trunk, then i feel sorry for you (not in a good way)
Old 02-25-2004, 10:09 AM

E55, C32, ML320
Do a search on "spare." There are a number of threads that should prove helpful to you.

You can purchase the full size spare that was developed for the C32. I don't know the part # offhand.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:02 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
hey Eurosport,
Thank you so much for your reply, it was real thoughtful. For your information I have changed many tires in my day. Secondly I attempted to fix the tire with fixaflat although I tested the waters with the compressor and there seemed to be a huge leakage of air and I therefore new that fixaflat was not going to be helpful. My previous cars had full size spares and they didn't require smaller lug nuts.
Furthermore, I own a 50 something thousand dollar car and you are damn right I am going to call roadside assistance because In theory I PAY for it. I don't need to prove myself to you.

Thanks blando,
I have done a search already. Mercedes is buying me a spare after they tried to pawn off a C-class donut as well as give me a false sense of security.