C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Vadim: Have you tried spraying the intercooler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 and 98 C5 Vert
Vadim: Have you tried spraying the intercooler

I am considering setting up a NX based intercooler spraying system for my C32. I was wondering if you have tried it yet. A nice shot of NOS on the intercooler should bring temps down to around 0 in the contacted areas of the intercooler. Before I drop $500 bucks on this has anyone tried it?

Should be good for some hp?
Old 03-28-2004, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Yes, it will likely to add several HP. If anything it will keep the car more consistent in hot weather.

However, I have always considered nitrous as a last resort. There are still quiet a few bottlenecks left to uncork in getting air in-and-out of the engine.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:15 AM

Originally posted by vadim@evosport
Yes, it will likely to add several HP. If anything it will keep the car more consistent in hot weather.

However, I have always considered nitrous as a last resort. There are still quiet a few bottlenecks left to uncork in getting air in-and-out of the engine.
You dont really "add" HP, but you just realize the HP your car should make, but in adverse conditions (crappy humid summers)
Old 03-29-2004, 12:19 AM

I have already tried fogging the heat exchanger with nitrous. I persoanlly didnt see and gains. Also those kits use alot of nitrous. It takes about 1 10lb bottle to do about 3 runs at the track.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
C32 "igloo" edition

I hooked nitrous up to my air conditioning compressor, which means that the air coming into the cocckpit is at subzero temperatures. If you see a guy in a parka in a black C32 "iciclemobile" rolling down the road, you will know that it is me.

I also routed some nitrous directly into the cocckpit ventilation air ducts so that, even if my car loses a race, it's funnier than shiit.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: C32 "igloo" edition

Originally posted by Vomit
I hooked nitrous up to my air conditioning compressor, which means that the air coming into the cocckpit is at subzero temperatures. If you see a guy in a parka in a black C32 "iciclemobile" rolling down the road, you will know that it is me.

I also routed some nitrous directly into the cocckpit ventilation air ducts so that, even if my car loses a race, it's funnier than shiit.
I have another idea, have it come out of the exhaust also so you can see the exhaust fumes real clearly and it looks like your car is breathing or something. Maybe a fogger kit?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
C32 fartmobile

Nice idea VRAA, but it would be coming out the front of the car if it were breathing. What you have created is a C32 fartmobile. Might I suggest adding some green food coloring to the NO2, so it looks really nasty?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Hows that sulfur dioxide taste?

I believe that the nasty stuff they put in N2O for non-medical use so that guys dont experiment as you describe!

LOL.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:00 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I stopped by a DJ store several weeks and bought a fog machine and installed it under the hood of my C32. Before I race anyone I set that puppy off and everyone thinks I've blown a gasket or something. So while they're looking at all the smoke and laughing, I take off. I haven't lost a race yet...

... well except for this one time when the fog button got stuck. It fogged up everything and I had the A/C on and didn't have recirc on so it sucked up all the fog into the ****pit too... I still took off, but had to swerve to avoid everyone who was running up to try and help me. That was fun.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Peench, you also need to swap out your interior lights for little mini strobe lights. You will have created the C32 Discomobile.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:25 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I did swap out most of my interiors for neon lights, and one blacklight (for the rave effect), and when I was at the Dj store they had some strobe lights that blinked to the beat.... I almost bought them. I guess I'll have to go back and get 'em! I also recently ordered some of those little ***** that hang from the top of the windshield - only mine light up in blue neon babeeeee! I can't wait 'til they come in and I install them. I'm going to drive around all night!