C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Mod plan of Attack help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG Kompressor, 2012 E550
Mod plan of Attack help!

Ok here we go.. Thanks in advance for any knowledge of parts I am considering, I have read so many threads of different combinations you all have that my head has spun and local tuners seem clueless of some of the more known brands on this forum.
I have some cash and need a direction for this C32. Unlike my Camaro I modded which I know more about, I am not well versed on the tunes and such for the C32.

I want the most bang for my buck as most due, and can go in steps; but I have questions for the following. sorry if this reads long but I need to know before I order anything what I am getting into and expectations.

Car is a Daily driver however I want to make the most of it, look nice, run solid with some good HP incase I due track it with the Camaro at some point.
Not sure on plan of attack for order but wondering that as well..
Here we go;

Throttle body? 80mm or higher? vendor and cost? Easy bolt on myself? value vs cost powerwise? does it require a custom tune after install? Doable myself, anything else needed? adapter plate?

Intake? Needswings or FTP? does the NW fit with bigger tb or modification needed? NW vs FTP intake, do they both flow at claimed 600cfm plus? Easier way to make my own and buy the Teflon paint myself?

Pulley(s) Pulley kit, or pulley kit and tune? Eurocharged or different company? Which pulley, some vendors told me do crank pulley only and not sc pulley?

Heat soak components, exchangers from multiple companys? or sepration kits worth it? Any mods other then bolting up needed? Does this have direct HP gains vs intake, tb, etc? is this self install doable? worth the money?

Tunes, ECU vs TCU, is this a programmable tune based on your current or future mods(like my HP tune in my SS) or no? Standard preprogrammed tune that comes from Euro, code3, etc? turnaround time for ECU? Value of gains vs cost? After bolt ons and mods or top of the list?

Sprint booster I have had one before in a Tacoma and it was a world of difference, however in the C32 I reset the ECU like threads stated to improve lag. it was slightly noticeable but still there and didn't impress me like it did others. SB current owners value this mod or no on the C32?

Y pipe Do I need this changed out or does this come with other components such as intake, etc, or do I need one from a diff MB that is bigger.

Suspension Coil overs vs springs and cutting coils,etc Plan is to stay with 17s or buy 18s, not sure yet. Even no gap stance goal. 1100.00 budget for this for purchase. H&R coilovers vs ebay coilovers that are in same price range?

Oil Catch can? A vendor I spoke with really talked this up as a must, however not sure they are just trying to sell it or if it really is a must need to catch extra oil getting into tb,etc

Plugs and wires Stock wires good enough or typical magnacor and iridiums needed for better firing?

So far changed out headlights to black projectors, with diff color bulbs. Changed out Strut mounts which were shot and bumping over every dip in the road, changed ic pump which was causing intermittent limpness from SC. 105K on the odo. Car runs fine and seems quick, but time to work it up a bit. I actually want to see if I can get it to beat my SS at some point in handling and quickness.
Thanks again for any that respond to this lengthy post, time to drop a few dollars and need to start somewhere.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:41 PM

Guess Ill just start small , intake, tune, etc and go from there?
Old 03-17-2017, 09:14 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by AzItaliaC32
Guess Ill just start small , intake, tune, etc and go from there?
pulley, ecu, tcu and you should be good for a while
Old 03-17-2017, 09:46 AM

Sounds like a plan. Sc pulley or crank pulley? Euro tune,code3, or alternative? Do.you guys typically send them the ECU or buy the map program stick?
Old 03-17-2017, 09:48 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by AzItaliaC32
Sounds like a plan. Sc pulley or crank pulley? Euro tune,code3, or alternative? Do.you guys typically send them the ECU or buy the map program stick?
sc by far

code3 hasn't existed for probably 5 years

We can just send you a cable to remote tune. TCU will need to be sent to houston to program
Old 03-17-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 C55 - 2005 C230 - 1998 E36 M3
You should start with maintenance FIRST. Make sure everything is up to date.

No leaks, no worn out bushings and bearings, brakes, suspension, filters, pulleys, belts exct. Inspect the inside of the intercooler for leaks.

If you increase the HP you might have issues with your camshafts, especially the drivers side.

This is a very delicate motor to increase the HP. Keep that in mind....
Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 AM

I agree, I've been swapping some things out , bushings are on the agenda soon for sure maybe suspension control arms. Replaced strut mounts, sc oil drained and changed, cooler pump, idler pulley. Plugs and wires r good.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32(300club), X3, DSMGTO(JDM)
Have you done the bushes yet?
I was looking for #80 PU.... good luck.
K-mac out of OZ can't be beat. Also have a look at hedgehog motorsports, some nice suspension gear there!
good luck!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
C32 amg
SC pulley EC64.7mm, needsdcai, canned tuned EC, plm heat exchanger, ISO. 12.68@110.77
daily driver 7-8months of year
if u can wrench ur fine, odds and ends need to be done, sway bushings end links secondary air pump, door check strap, oil cooler gaskets, gas pedal assembly u can do ur self