C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

tire poped and have no spare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 current, M5 Sold, C32 Sold, 330xi Sold
Thumbs down tire poped and have no spare

So today the front tire poped after running over have something and i have no spare since mbenz was cheap on the 02 C32s how ****ty is that ... all the years ive had a car ive never had this happen and now that i dont have a spare i need one just sucks..
i guess the C32 is out of service for a few days
Old 04-26-2004, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
The M3 and M5 don't have the space for a spare. You can purchase one at the dealer, however.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
welcome to the world of "weight saving" MB wasn't being cheap..
Old 04-26-2004, 03:11 PM

Didnt you use the fix a flat doo hicky MB provides?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by s4iscool
Didnt you use the fix a flat doo hicky MB provides?
it doesn't help when you have a blow out and you run over a beer bottle. :p
Old 04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
lap

2002 c32
hope it wasn't your beer bottle :)

I just use one of my snows since I'm blessed with 2 seasons here in Canada : Winter and Almost Winter

Glad to hear you're OK.

As for the weight saving arguement: Why do they still have a spare in the new Porsche 996's?? Just MB's initial attempt to save $$$, they did provide a spare in the +03's however...
Old 04-26-2004, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Re: hope it wasn't your beer bottle :)

Originally posted by lap
... they did provide a spare in the +03's however...
hence the cost saving factor rules out...
Old 04-26-2004, 04:49 PM

SLK32
I am happy not to have the spare. In all of my other cars I have removed it along with the jack and associated hardware. Nice savings of 50 - 60 lbs.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:17 PM
lap

2002 c32
believe it or not..

the extra weight of the cheap FRD5 wheel seems to give me better traction. Oh well, guess I'll have to tell wifey that I need to remove the trunk lid & load up the boot with Bootey
Old 04-26-2004, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
"tire poped and have no spare
So today the front tire poped after running over have something and i have no spare since mbenz was cheap on the 02 C32s how ****ty is that ... "

I may be wrong, but if your tire was "Poped" it would've been blessed, and would not have punctured. . . (or maybe you meant to say that the Pope was chugging brewskis with the homies and dogged you with an empty).

If you meant to say that it was "pooped" well then I say:

No Duh! Of course it was 'tired'
Old 04-26-2004, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
not so sure there...

Originally posted by AMG BRED
welcome to the world of "weight saving" MB wasn't being cheap..
My veiw is that when a car with 17 inch wheels (C230k's non - 2004.5 cars) have a 16 inch wheel as a spare they are cutting corners to save a buck. Those black spare wheels that only last 10k miles clearly are slightly lighter than a full size OEM wheel but MB no longer uses them for its cheaper to give out a wheel that is painted black and not finished in the style of an AMG wheel.

MB is trying to save money on production and spare tires are a simple place to start. When a C32 weighs in at almost 3600 lb and an E55 at 4200 I doubt MB or amg really is worried about the 4-5 lb difference between a cheap (but full size) black wheel for a spare and a nice full sized OEM wheel. Some think that the C32 "hooks up better" with a 55 lb spare sitting over the rear wheels and well a spare equalizes some of the nose heavey bias of the C32 (i would rather take mass out of the nose but adding a spare to the turn did make the car feel a bit different).

Bean counters are causing this not the weight savers.

If they want to cut weight the OEM wheels would be forged, drive shafts would be carbon fiber, the cars would have light weight brakes, and the motors would not have 150 lb blower kits.

But when you look at the fact that a new E500 is 59k and that this is only a 3-4k increase in price over 12 years (400E's were 56k base) that is not half bad. Dont forget that the E500 has buckets more equipment than a 400E had and that equipment does cost moeny to include! Prices need to stay low but come on...give us a full sized OEM spare! When I had a c32 I bought a spare for it...and I used it twice!
Old 04-26-2004, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by Vomit
"tire poped and have no spare
So today the front tire poped after running over have something and i have no spare since mbenz was cheap on the 02 C32s how ****ty is that ... "

I may be wrong, but if your tire was "Poped" it would've been blessed, and would not have punctured. . . (or maybe you meant to say that the Pope was chugging brewskis with the homies and dogged you with an empty).

If you meant to say that it was "pooped" well then I say:

No Duh! Of course it was 'tired'
Old 04-27-2004, 01:14 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
hasn't had any need for the spare. I usually monitor my tires pretty closely.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
blow outs ..

no warning so be careful!

I check them each week but still can run over a saw blade, bottle, screw, nail, or power tool!

Dont forget pot holes and Z rated tires...they dont mix well!
Old 04-27-2004, 10:06 AM
lap

2002 c32
"i would rather take mass out of the nose.."

and I couldn't agree with you MORE. That is why I'm shying away from the c55 (with more weight on the wrong end --what can I say I like 911's too. . ) ) I also don't think the power is the problem w/ our c32's, its the handling.

As an aside, although I have not weighed them, I can swear my cheaper FRD 5s (snow set) are LIGHTER than my Ronals ... er AMGs.

All in all in Ontario, the c32 was cheaper (cost) than the older c43 AND it accomplishes IMHO what it is supposed to be: A TUNED HIGWAY CRUISER / BRUISER that can HAUL at STOPLIGHT to STOPLIGHT as well as being able to haul around the Family when needed -- it is for reasons such as the latter that most agree (incl. MB finally) that a spare was required....
Old 04-27-2004, 01:37 PM

one after another problems =(

first when i tried to use the jack it hit the paint since there are from what i can tell plastic pads that stick out a little for where the jack goes missing? can one of you guyz tell me if there are pads where your car is to be jacked up in the front or is this just a flaw from the amg side skirts?

Second after pushing the wrench for help from Mbenz i got a recording that said please enter a credit card number, calling card, or 1... i tried to push 1 nothing happens so i tried to enter a credit card number still nothing happens???? is this a error in my car or how are you suppose to enter the numbers ( i tried to enter from the navi numbers)... also do you need a mb phone to use this?
Old 04-27-2004, 01:37 PM

also the reason i didnt use the kit was since the hole was on the side wall and it was too big to fill up anyways...
Old 04-27-2004, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally posted by vimzin
Second after pushing the wrench for help from Mbenz i got a recording that said please enter a credit card number, calling card, or 1... i tried to push 1 nothing happens so i tried to enter a credit card number still nothing happens???? is this a error in my car or how are you suppose to enter the numbers ( i tried to enter from the navi numbers)... also do you need a mb phone to use this?

Did you let your Tele-Aid expire?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by Chappy
Did you let your Tele-Aid expire?
i guess that it must be expired that explains that
how about where the jack goes are there any plastic pads where the jack goes?
Old 04-28-2004, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally posted by vimzin
i guess that it must be expired that explains that
how about where the jack goes are there any plastic pads where the jack goes?
I'm not sure what you are asking. Jack?
Old 04-28-2004, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32 Spare tire & rim

There are some people out there, I think Jerry's car (Silva32) that has removed --correct me if I am wrong Jerry) and used the space to place the "toys" in the trunk... I am sure they have a different strategy in case of a blow out.

Z rated tires are more and more rare to come with defects which could cause a blow out... however problems with the road, debris on the road can definitely still cause damage to a tire and/or blow out and in that case, no matter how well checked the tire pressure may be... when the tire blows out, there it goes the air out!

For those that have the spare tire in the trunk of their vehicles, it would be nice to "practice" replacing using the spare tire so you know what to do in case of a blow out... make sure the tools all work, etc... therefore you know what equipment you have and how to use it!

Another thing I saw, C32s do not have a flash light!!!! OMG! ... my wife still pounds on my C32 every time she can (and neither does the E55 --2004 model--).. however, her BMW 330i (Wife's that is)--which costs almost half the price of a C32, does come with an included rechargeable flash light in the glove box... I thought that was a neat "extra"... (BMW and M Benz use most of the same manufacturer parts in their cars... ie. Sunroof equipment --electric motor, as well as the parts for the cassette in the sun roof--, sensors, stereo system, etc --I have seen the plant were both parts are manufactured... the CD changers are identical... I can swap my CD magazine directly from my car into my wife's when I have to drive her car.. ... interesting that AMG did not think on placing a flashlight with the car... they certainly did leave the space in the trunk for it!... (the holes in the right side of the car was meant to have a rechargeable multi-purpose flashlight with a fluorescent light, normal front and flashing red and amber lights...

Wiedermann
Old 04-28-2004, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
You could always purchase run-flat tires or get a tire-pressure monitoring system.

Flashlights cost $5.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Flash lights @ 5 bucks

I want a refund! (now I am really laughing!)...you just need to talk to a wife whom will "cheer up" for "how much better" her BMW is compaired to mine.. haha!

Wiedermann
Old 04-28-2004, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Re: Flash lights @ 5 bucks

Originally posted by Wiedermann
I want a refund! (now I am really laughing!)...you just need to talk to a wife whom will "cheer up" for "how much better" her BMW is compaired to mine.. haha!

Wiedermann
Old 04-28-2004, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by Chappy
I'm not sure what you are asking. Jack?
what i am asking is where you lift the car at the pionts is there suppose to be a plasic piece or just metal... if the plastic piece was there then you would not hit the paint on the side skirt... if you guyz try the jack they give you im sure you will get what im talking about..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tire poped and have no spare