C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Guess whos the newest W203 owner on the board!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BenzoAMGpower
please do... im waiting for you to prove me wrong!! And I dont know what you are talking about when you say that Kleemand doesnt do internal upgrades b/c that ML55 that was in the article for "worlds fastest SUV", which I do give kudos to, has had the internals upgraded. Not to start a flame war, just deprecating!!!
I'm pretty sure what he meant was that their standard consumer SC updgrade does not require redoing internal components for the engine. I don't know all the facts about the ML55 used to set the world record, however, I don't believe Kleemann ever tried to represent that ML55 as your run of the mill Kleemann SCed ML55. That car was obviously tuned for a very specific purpose and probably required several special components.

As for your doubts concerning Kleemann reliability, Kleemann has established itself as a leader in SC technology. There are quite a few members on this board, including me, who have Kleemann SCed cars and logged many miles with no problems. Numerous dynos have been posted confirming the massive hp and torque gains produced by the Kleemann systems. I have yet to see Kleemann make claims they have not been able to validate and highly doubt they would risk the reputation of their brand by putting out an SC for the C55 that materially compromised the integrity of the engine.

Personally, if I were interested in buying a C, I would get the C55 simply b/c of the ability to slap on Kleemann SC. Why not just buy a used E55? A tuned C55 will handle better and be faster... of course, there are other reasons to buy the E55. A tuned C32 can be one hell of a car. Just look at Vadim's beast. Nevertheless, I feel that a Kleemann SCed C55 will simply be in a different league.

Last edited by Sleestack; 05-12-2004 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Almost a Member!

is kleemann really that great?

i heard that kleemann isn't even allowed to sell in germany and that their claims are exaggerated.

it seems that the only satisfied people with kleemanns are the people here on mbworld.

i have a feeling that there are many instances of blown superchargers out there.

if their product is so great then where's a good warranty?

i'm not saying kleemann is bad, i'm just kind of wary of their product if it isn't allowed to be sold in germany, the motherland of Mercedes-Benz. what i heard may be wrong though so if someone could straighten me out i'd appreciate it too.

btw, how is your car coming along sleestack? any closer to being completed? it seems as though it may never reach the claims of 700 hp. if i were you, i'd be pissed that my car isn't ready yet. i've seem some posts here that your car is in trouble. i hope for your sake that the car is not in as bad of a condition as i have read on these boards. stuff like parts not fitting or being ready and other things that shouldn't be happening to a car that will be such a beauty.

good luck and keep up the power for the monster must live to show the world its full potential.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I really don't know about Kleemann and Germany, They would have to respond to that.

Is Kleemann really that great? I can only make a judgment based on my experience, the experiences of people I know and published articles. My experience with Kleemann has been incredible. Their SC system is extremely efficient and integrates seamlessly. I don't see how you can say their claims are exaggerated given that numerius dynos have been posted by Kleemann and customers that show their systems deliver massive hp and torque, as promised.

I'm not sure why you are speculating that their are alot of blown SCs out there. There is nothing that would suggest that. If you really want to make an informed judgment, look at the eivdence that exists rather than making unfounded speculation.

As for my car, if you do a search, you will find that I have given a lengthy explanation of what is going on with my car. Anyone on this board other than me or Evosport is merely making ridiculous assumptions without understanding the nature of my relationship with Evosport or the details of our project. "Parts not fitting and other things that shouldn't be happening..." I'm not sure what you are reading but you shouldn't believe everything you read. My car might not put out 700 hp, but it won't be due to anything that has or hasn't transpired in the last 18 months. As far as we are concerned, 700 hp is still the target, but if we end up with 680hp, I won't be complaining.

Originally posted by crapbuster
is kleemann really that great?

i heard that kleemann isn't even allowed to sell in germany and that their claims are exaggerated.

it seems that the only satisfied people with kleemanns are the people here on mbworld.

i have a feeling that there are many instances of blown superchargers out there.

if their product is so great then where's a good warranty?

i'm not saying kleemann is bad, i'm just kind of wary of their product if it isn't allowed to be sold in germany, the motherland of Mercedes-Benz. what i heard may be wrong though so if someone could straighten me out i'd appreciate it too.

btw, how is your car coming along sleestack? any closer to being completed? it seems as though it may never reach the claims of 700 hp. if i were you, i'd be pissed that my car isn't ready yet. i've seem some posts here that your car is in trouble. i hope for your sake that the car is not in as bad of a condition as i have read on these boards. stuff like parts not fitting or being ready and other things that shouldn't be happening to a car that will be such a beauty.

good luck and keep up the power for the monster must live to show the world its full potential.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
kleeman definitely isnt as proven a product as renntech, or any of the big name mb tuners.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by ahopeter
kleeman definitely isnt as proven a product as renntech, or any of the big name mb tuners.
Kleemann SCs are flagship products for Kleemann. They have spent millions of dollars engineering and patenting their systems. Renntech and Brabus are clearly great at what they do and very well established, however, I would hardly call them innovators when it comes to SC technology.

Last edited by Sleestack; 05-12-2004 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I'm interested in the Kleeman as well, but have heard that BrabusCClass had problems with his. Anyone have more info on that?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:51 PM

I simply wonders what Kleemann GmbH is doing in Germany, when they not are alloud to sell products in the mother land of MB

COME ON GUYS, when the parts have a TÜV approving, they can be sold in Germany, and they have. Period.

WRC ML, did not have any internals changed, not even cams.

Only SC, exhaust, ECU, and higher boost.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Sleestack
Kleemann SCs are flagship products for Kleemann. They have spent millions of dollars engineering and patenting their systems. Renntech and Brabus are clearly great at what they do and very well established, however, I would hardly call them innovators when it comes to SC technology.
i never "knocked" kleemann's blowers.

and i never said renntech was an innovator.

i just said kleemann isnt as "proven" as renntech, brabus, or any of the other tuners, thats it.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i never "knocked" kleemann's blowers.

and i never said renntech was an innovator.

i just said kleemann isnt as "proven" as renntech, brabus, or any of the other tuners, thats it.
I thought you said that Kleemann wasn't as "proven a product" as Renntech, Brabus, etc. We were discussing SCs so I assumed you were referring to SC products offered by those companies.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 PM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
Congrats man.

i am new to this forum and i would just like to add that I ordered my car early January. and I picked it up at Rallye in Roslyn, New York on January 30, 2004. they were going to special order the car from the factory but they told me they had the same car i wanted plus every option besides the phone package, and automated windshield wipers. so, of course i took it, and suprisingly enough they didnt charge me for the extra options i didnt want (window sunshade, ski sack pass-thru, full NAVI cd's... about $830) that might of been b/c it's my 4th MB in 3 years.

other MB include
99 SLK 230 (manual, sport package, 35% tints all around)
02 S500 (fully loaded, sport package)
03 ML320 (fully loaded)
they shipped it over from a dealership in Englewood, NJ.

its a New 2004 C32 AMG Black/Charcoal and it will be my only MB MODed

aftermarket upgrades include:
1) 20% ONYX tints to all windows EXCEPT sunroof and windshield $200
2) AMG seat-belt pads (4) $20

within the next couple of weeks (already ordered, waiting to install)

3) cl-type distronic grille (painted factory match color - black) $180
4) original MB flat hood badge $35
5) clear side-markers $45
6) illuminated AMG blue door sills (the cheap ones from autorice.com) $120
7) Lorinser type lip spoiler (painted factory match color - black) $160

these six (7) cost me almost $ (not istalled or painted)

future upgrades
1) Lorinser type roof spoiler (painted factory match color - black)
2) Valentine 1 lasar/radar detector

longshot =

- full SL55 intake (new full details on part # and how to?)
- in the long run probably the C55 exhaust (if it fits) and coilovers (need to figure out which ones though)

cant think of anything else to say, i think for my 1st post i've said too much. thanks for your time and i will post pics as soon as its all GRAVY

please let me know your thoughts on good/bad
Old 05-12-2004, 04:49 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
25,000 miles on my Kleemann supercharged G55 and not one single problem. I have the supercharger, tuned ECU, and free flowing cats. I did a lot of research on tuners before I made my decision and am glad that I went with Kleemann. As far as blown superchargers, not legal in Germany, internal upgrades required, etc., where are you guys getting your information? Can you sight some examples or are you making things up? And yes, my truck is making over 550 dyno proven horsepower.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I thought you said that Kleemann wasn't as "proven a product" as Renntech, Brabus, etc. We were discussing SCs so I assumed you were referring to SC products offered by those companies.
exactly, i said kleemann wasnt as"proven a product" as other mb tuners. i was not referring to sc..i was talking over-all.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

exactly, i said kleemann wasnt as"proven a product" as other mb tuners. i was not referring to sc..i was talking over-all.
Dude, I'm not looking to get into a debate over semantics here. I misunderstood you because what you said didn't make alot of sense. We were talking about Kleemann SCs, a product. Then you said Kleemann isn't as "proven a product" as Brabus, Renntech, etc. I assumed you were referring to the Kleemann SC b/c that was the context of the discussion and then you compared it to Brabus and Renntech which are companies, not products. So, I tried to makes sense of it and assumed you were comparing their respective SCs, but obviously you were referring to the companies, not a specific product.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
how come 1/2 the time I or anyone esle post something that has to do with a car taht can be modded, if there is no praise of Kleeman... a Kleeman rep or Kleeman customer has to come and try to start a flame war with me? Is it b/c being a RENNTech car makes you feel threatened or are you just insecure about something? I dont understand... we are all fellow MB enthusiests. Is it so hard to try to get along? I love seeing the "professionalism" in you Kleeman folks. Now why dont you think RENNTech or Brabus reps or customers come onto this board or look up a forum to especially argue with you guys... b/c we dont need to.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by CoryU
but what do I know right?
Haha, funny you should say that, the one time I actually called Kleemann i spoke to you, and you said that changing the fuel settings on a C230 coupe with the pulley gives you a 15hp gain! LOL! Even Brandon agreed that was wrong.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

how come 1/2 the time I or anyone esle post something that has to do with a car taht can be modded, if there is no praise of Kleeman... a Kleeman rep or Kleeman customer has to come and try to start a flame war with me? Is it b/c being a RENNTech car makes you feel threatened or are you just insecure about something? I dont understand... we are all fellow MB enthusiests. Is it so hard to try to get along? I love seeing the "professionalism" in you Kleeman folks. Now why dont you think RENNTech or Brabus reps or customers come onto this board or look up a forum to especially argue with you guys... b/c we dont need to.
No offense man, but i thought we were simply discussing something here. I didn't know it was a flame war. It's not like anyone is bashing on Renntech or anything. We were just responding to you doubts about the Kleemann system and your comment abouthe C32 being far more tunable than the C55. Be happy with your Renntech upgrades. I'm sure they are awesome. If anything it seems that you are a bit threatened by the idea of a blown C55 stomping on a highly tuned C32. That's just my take.

Last edited by Sleestack; 05-12-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
No offense man, but i thought we were simply discussing something here. I didn't know it was a flame war. It's not like anyone is bashing on Renntech or anything. We were just responding to you doubts about the Kleemann system and your comment abouthe C32 being far more tunable than the C55. Be happy with your Renntech upgrades. I'm sure they are awesome. If anything it seems that you are a bit threatened by the idea of a blown C55 stomping on a highly tuned C32. That's just my take.
nope, dont feel threatened... im lovin the 32 and though the C55 would have been an awesome choice too.. im happy with my decision!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nope, dont feel threatened... im lovin the 32 and though the C55 would have been an awesome choice too.. im happy with my decision!!!
You should be happy with your decision. You have a killer ride.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Plus if u dont have any patience like I, you would need to wait even a little longer for the C55!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, I'm not looking to get into a debate over semantics here. I misunderstood you because what you said didn't make alot of sense. We were talking about Kleemann SCs, a product. Then you said Kleemann isn't as "proven a product" as Brabus, Renntech, etc. I assumed you were referring to the Kleemann SC b/c that was the context of the discussion and then you compared it to Brabus and Renntech which are companies, not products. So, I tried to makes sense of it and assumed you were comparing their respective SCs, but obviously you were referring to the companies, not a specific product.
i thought what i wrote made alot of sense. you have never heard of a company being referred to as a product? when one says kleemann isnt as "proven a product" as brabus or renntech, i think it is pretty clear to most people. sorry you couldnt use deductive reasoning. in any case, there is no need to jump on Benzo or me cause we appreciate tuners that are more recognized in the mercedes benz tuning world. im not trying to get in a "flaming" war with you, just letting you know what i said and what it meant cause it seems as though youre having trouble understanding me.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

exactly... thanks benzo.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i thought what i wrote made alot of sense. you have never heard of a company being referred to as a product? when one says kleemann isnt as "proven a product" as brabus or renntech, i think it is pretty clear to most people. sorry you couldnt use deductive reasoning. in any case, there is no need to jump on Benzo or me cause we appreciate tuners that are more recognized in the mercedes benz tuning world. im not trying to get in a "flaming" war with you, just letting you know what i said and what it meant cause it seems as though youre having trouble understanding me.
You thought wrong. We were discussing Kleemann SCs. SCs are clearly Kleemann's core competency. The fact that Renntech and Brabus are more established tuners wasn't even repsonsive to that discussion. Sure, I figured you were just making a random comment, however, I was trying to get you to make your point with a little more detail.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
SCs are clearly Kleemann's core competency.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You thought wrong. We were discussing Kleemann SCs. SCs are clearly Kleemann's core competency. The fact that Renntech and Brabus are more established tuners wasn't even repsonsive to that discussion. Sure, I figured you were just making a random comment, however, I was trying to get you to make your point with a little more detail.
\
whoa, sounds like your taking it a little personal there buddy. relax. i apologize if your relationship with kleemann makes you so upset anytime anyone says anything that gives credit to another tuner. of course it doesnt make sense for you to get upset about someone stating the facts, brabus and renntech are more recognized tuners.
what about my "random" statement about renntech and brabus being a more "proven product" needed more "detail"? its simple they have been around longer on a more elite level. they have provided more mb drivers with much more reliability, status, and pure mb enhancements.
regardless of how upset you are, or how much you love kleemann, i simply stated my opinion and you jumped on me for it. i couldnt care less about kleemann, i havent degraded them at all, just stated my opinion about the credibilty of others. not everyone is gonna agree with you about your tuner.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

exactly... thanks benzo.
Read the thread. This was simply a discussion about the tuning potential of a C32 v. a C55. Someone questioned the reliability and performance of the Kleemann SC systems and got some responses. I don't think anyone was trying to criticize Benzo's ride in any way. This is a car forum after all isn't it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Guess whos the newest W203 owner on the board!!!!