2005 Mercedes C55 Misfire Vibration and Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes C55 Amg
2005 Mercedes C55 Misfire Vibration and Oil Leak

Greetings,

First, I would like to thank the Lord for touching members of this forum's heart to help me get my car running. Now that it is running I am getting a series of diagnostic codes.

The Codes are:
PO206 - Cylinder 6 Injector Malfunction
PO412 - Secondary Air Injection Valve
PO403 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Malfunction
PO135 - Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit
PO155 - Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit
​​​​​​PO306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected

The car runs but is shaking and vibrating while running. The issues with my car started after I replaced the fuel pump.

I would like to fix the issue with the leak because I believe that it may be the source of why the cylinder maybe misfiring. I have purchased a ignition coil and will replace the spark plugs but there is oil everywhere. I pray for the Lord's help in this manner.

Oil leaking

Last edited by Lewis Seals; 01-20-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Put text First
Old 01-20-2018, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Oh my god how is that thing even running?

first change your valve covers and clean up the mss in there.

theres absolutely no point in fixing anything else before you do that because half those issues are caused by oil leaks and they WILL return.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:12 PM

2005 Mercedes C55 Amg
Originally Posted by PJmak

theres absolutely no point in fixing anything else before you do that because half those issues are caused by oil leaks and they WILL return.
Do you mean valve covers or valve cover gaskets? Will clean it up but really need to save money. The last oil change the tech put way too much oil in. A red warning light came on but then it went off. Really just need to get to school as I am a full time student.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK55 AMG, SL55 AMG, C55 AMG
Leaking valve cover gaskets are a common issue with the C55 motor, but yours looks like it REALLY needs some serious professional help, or at least a good inspection.

Good luck.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:20 PM

2005 Mercedes C55 Amg
Originally Posted by Nokiemon
Leaking valve cover gaskets are a common issue with the C55 motor, but yours looks like it REALLY needs some serious professional help, or at least a good inspection.

Good luck.
I purchased some valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, bg44k, and one ignition coil. Looking for some type of sealant such as loctite but have not purchased any yet.

I have not purchased an oxygen sensor at this time. Looking to clean the engine up and install new spark plugs and gaskets. The tech overfilled the engine oil the light went off but you can not really tell behind the cover that it was like that.

Just looking to get it running.

Last edited by Lewis Seals; 01-21-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:05 AM

2005 Mercedes C55 Amg
The valve cover gaskets were replaced as well as all the spark plugs. I changed the ignition coil and wires from cylinder 6 to cylinder 5 and was not able to change the misfiring cylinder. It still stated 6. The engine ran relatively smooth until the alternator and the fuel pump was replaced. Looking for an alternative that will cause this issue without first replacing the fuel injector on cylinder 6. Question? If the shop that put on my alternator did not correctly adjust the belt would it cause this misfire?

Also I still have all the above codes as above. The car runs sluggish and seems to have no power. I am not a mechanic and this is my first foray in fixing my car with intermittent issues. So it seems that the ignition coil, spark plugs, or the wire are not the culprit. I also check the connector on the fuel injector on cylinder 6, wondering if anyone has any experience in this matter. God bless you!

Last edited by Lewis Seals; 02-15-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:13 AM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Starting to clean up well.
Alternator will not cause any of these issues.
You may have a bad wire or ground to injector 6. Not sure how to check this, other than swapping wires to next injector over.
If this is your first DIY you may want an Indy to do the injector. A used one would likely work if you want to save a buck.
Get new seals installed for all the injectors as fuel is not a area to mess around.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:04 AM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
If you are someone who is handy around trying to diagnose things on your own, you could also test the wiring from the injector to the ECM to make sure it is not shorted or possibly an open circuit. Another thing you could try before replacing parts, is to move the injector from cylinder 6 to a different cylinder to see if the misfire follows the injector. Like Kbob said, make sure to get some new injector o-rings and clean things up before reinstalling them.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'02 AMG C32, Mk5 VW R32, #2469/5000
Just to 100% eliminate something logically fundamental before going much further... to the OP, are you sure that you have correctly identified the cylinder numbers? I don't mean any offense by that, it would just be such a shame if that basic misunderstanding ended up costing you more money and time.

I wish I had more to offer, but I'm pretty new to Mercedes myself.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:17 PM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Originally Posted by mars-red
Just to 100% eliminate something logically fundamental before going much further... to the OP, are you sure that you have correctly identified the cylinder numbers? I don't mean any offense by that, it would just be such a shame if that basic misunderstanding ended up costing you more money and time.

I actually intended to mention this in my response above.. Mercedes doesn't number their engines like a Chevy truck so many people don't know the order.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:38 PM

2005 Mercedes C55 Amg
Originally Posted by mars-red

Originally Posted by Racin_fool
I actually intended to mention this in my response above.. Mercedes doesn't number their engines like a Chevy truck so many people don't know the order.
Originally Posted by Racin_fool
If you are someone who is handy around trying to diagnose things on your own, you could also test the wiring from the injector to the ECM to make sure it is not shorted or possibly an open circuit. Another thing you could try before replacing parts, is to move the injector from cylinder 6 to a different cylinder to see if the misfire follows the injector. Like Kbob said, make sure to get some new injector o-rings and clean things up before reinstalling them.
Originally Posted by kbob999
Starting to clean up well.
Alternator will not cause any of these issues.
You may have a bad wire or ground to injector 6. Not sure how to check this, other than swapping wires to next injector over.
If this is your first DIY you may want an Indy to do the injector. A used one would likely work if you want to save a buck.
Get new seals installed for all the injectors as fuel is not a area to mess around.
Yes, the numbers are etched in the block right? 1234 on passenger side and 5678 on the driver's side. I was looking for it to be an open circuit or a vacuum line. I will check the sam again but I do not know how to test for an open circuit.

I have not purchased the injector. Looking to chase down ground as I am having intermittent battery issues as well.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:18 PM

2005 Mercedes C55 Amg
Wondering if the voltage regulator would cause this problem. I installed a used alternator.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG
Originally Posted by PJmak

Good advice
Old 03-30-2018, 10:43 PM

2005 Mercedes C55 Amg
With the Lord's help, I was able to fix the problem. It may be helpful to others as well. The problem occurred in the main wiring box inside of the hood of the car. The pins were green with corrosion and were not conductive. I sprayed electric cleaning spray and put dietetic grease on the electronic wiring connectors. When I started it up it did not miss nor was a CEL light on.

Parts replaced:
Fuel Injector
Spark Plugs
Coil Pack

Cleaned the electric wiring as it was an open circuit because of corrosion . God bless you!
Old 12-11-2018, 03:08 AM

2005 mercedes c55
Missfire cylinder 6

Im having a missfire on cylinder 6 on my 2005 c55 , I replaced spark plugs, coil pack and no luck , took it to my mechanic he checked the compression in the cylinder he said it was okay , he checked the injector and he said the injector isn't getting no pulse signal from the ecm so I sent the ecm to get checked out before buying one and they said the ecm looks good and there's no problem with it , anybody out there can help or might know what's the issue ????? Thanks ,
Old 12-11-2018, 07:10 AM

2005 Mercedes C55 Amg
Water got into my ecu and corroded the pins. Maybe an issue, check to see if you have corrosion on your ecu.