C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Speed sensor 02 C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C32 amg
Speed sensor 02 C32

Have an 02 c32 that won’t come out of first gear. Scanned it got code for speed sensor. Ordered conductor kit from fcp euro replaced it and didn’t fix the issue. Ordered a used but working shifter module because I read that’s where the speed sensor is and still didn’t fix the issue. Anyone fix this problem before ? Or know what or maybe what it is? Bad shift solenoid ?
Old 02-23-2021, 05:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
you have wasted so much time and money -----get a good DAS Xentry scan and start over
Old 02-25-2021, 11:09 PM
Banned

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts
1983 Nissan SHlTBOX
Originally Posted by Plutoe
you have wasted so much time and money -----get a good DAS Xentry scan and start over
This coming from the same guy that said TB spray was "BS" and a waste of time

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe...-cleaning.html

Yeah, I read through some of your history. Seems you have made a name for yourself by repeating "get a Xentry DAS scan" or "look it up in WIS". Congratulations, you must be proud of yourself. gotta get out of that basement computer chair once in a while bro. Have you showered or changed your underwear yet this week? Just in case you needed a reminder.

There are some folks you're just going to have to weed out to get somewhere on a forum, OP. Just the nature of the game. Regarding your problem, I'll give a stab at moving in an actual constructive direction; Have you attempted to shift manually? What system/OBD reader did you use to scan? Were there other codes? Posting all codes would help. Sounds like you're throwing parts at it. You need a definitive diagnosis first.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:03 PM

W203 C32 amg
Originally Posted by Senecan
This coming from the same guy that said TB spray was "BS" and a waste of time

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe...-cleaning.html

Yeah, I read through some of your history. Seems you have made a name for yourself by repeating "get a Xentry DAS scan" or "look it up in WIS". Congratulations, you must be proud of yourself. gotta get out of that basement computer chair once in a while bro. Have you showered or changed your underwear yet this week? Just in case you needed a reminder.

There are some folks you're just going to have to weed out to get somewhere on a forum, OP. Just the nature of the game. Regarding your problem, I'll give a stab at moving in an actual constructive direction; Have you attempted to shift manually? What system/OBD reader did you use to scan? Were there other codes? Posting all codes would help. Sounds like you're throwing parts at it. You need a definitive diagnosis first.
I have attempted to shift manual or even get it out of W/S mode but no avail. I got a bluepoint microscan 3 , pointed me to transimission range sensor or P0705. That’s the only code that came up.

Last edited by Jcruz559; 02-27-2021 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:35 PM
Banned

1983 Nissan SHlTBOX
Originally Posted by Jcruz559
I have attempted to shift manual or even get it out of W/S mode but no avail. I got a bluepoint microscan 3 , pointed me to transimission range sensor or P0705. That’s the only code that came up.
Well hell, that should be an easy one, P0705 is your neutral safety switch. No need to tear apart the tranny. Have you had a look at that? Looks like Mercedes is calling it a Transmission Range Sensor, same thing. External to the tranny though. I found this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...rustrated.html
Old 03-01-2021, 12:32 AM

W203 C32 amg
Well hell, that should be an easy one, P0705 is your neutral safety switch. No need to tear apart the tranny. Have you had a look at that? Looks like Mercedes is calling it a Transmission Range Sensor, same thing. External to the tranny though. I found this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...rustrated.html

Yeah I replaced my shifter module ordered it from eBay but still wouldn’t change w/s mode. But then again I didn’t go and clear the code so that could be it ?
Old 03-01-2021, 11:05 AM
Banned

1983 Nissan SHlTBOX
Could be! Always clear codes after you do a repair!
Old 03-04-2021, 10:46 PM

W203 C32 amg
Could be! Always clear codes after you do a repair!

so went in to clear the code but it’s no longer coming up and still won’t come out of w/s 🙄 . Car was dead for months so idk if takes a while for it to come back ?